Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldrover

Dom Maloney, outstanding

40 posts in this topic

having looked at the leigh forum on rl fans, i agree with maurice, one of the major incidents was when one of their forwards (10 i think) tried a completely unnecessary offload and gave away possession in his own half, at a time when leigh were looking comfortable, things seemed to go downhill for them from there. didn't see the obstruction, thought it was a try at the time. the forward pass, tbh i was in line and i've seen far worse been allowed. great game by 2 teams who gave everything, put s/l to shame.

Superb effort from Maloney. The introduction of Dickens gave the whole team a massive lift. I can't see how Briggs (falling down with his arm out) or Dickens (not even looking at the time) will get called on their incidents. Handbags is handbags so it'd be tough if Anthony England got called.

Gaz, surely we would have the sense to have a reserve game sorted for next saturday :) to be taen into consideration for any bans forth coming

:lol:

The Reserves' season's over and friendlies don't count.

:lol:

The Reserves' season's over and friendlies don't count.

Are you sure Griff? You can count 1 pre-season friendly towards a ban! However given that I don't know this area of the regulations well enough I'll accept what you say to be true, but would suggest that as a club we should check if friendlies during the season can be used (it's all in the wording). :)

Can't see anyone getting a ban Briggs poor tackling technique Dickens not intensional caution If you watch the scuffle at the end England ran in but didn't punch anyone although there was fists flying for one of our players and their number 9 It's Leigh players that need to worry Henderson high tackle ( good to see Briggs not milking it and getting up not all player would have ) and the stamp on Finn To be honest who ever we meet in final hope both sides have full team out and it's a good game

And yes Dom was excellent last night

title says it all, i'd already said he was our best player, then he goes and scores a fantastic try, then runs onto a short ball like a train and sets up another. great game Dom lad.

Just seen the highlights OR. Bloody hell, he didn't afe put himself about didn't he. Regardless of his 2 tries, the one he set up for Hardo was an absolute belter.

Best game in a Fev shirt. Jeez, did he want it!!

The forward pass disalowed try was forward by about a yard and half

If it had gone against us I'd've been really disappointed.

If it had gone against us I'd've been really disappointed.

yup. seen much worse let go. same with the obstruction to be honest.

Just seen the highlights OR. Bloody hell, he didn't afe put himself about didn't he. Regardless of his 2 tries, the one he set up for Hardo was an absolute belter.

Best game in a Fev shirt. Jeez, did he want it!!

I think what we are witnessing is "A man on fire". Here is a man that is ready to give up relative security and a decent sporting career to lay his body on the line for Queen an Country. His is an informed decision and he knows full well he could end up in Afghanistan. In the meantime he is playing out the last days of his rugby career as if there is no tomorrow. Laying his body on the line on the rugby field is small potatoes compared to where he is going. It is highly likely that, as the final is likely to be his last game, his performance will be just as good, if not better. I can't wait!

Whatever the result, I hope we can all bid him a fond farewell.

Its one of the best prop displays i have seen in a long time, he was steaming into tackles, made at least 4 line breaks, showed composure( pass to hardman) timing. It had the lot simply outstanding and if I can spare a fiver a might tell him so mi sen :D

I think what we are witnessing is "A man on fire". Here is a man that is ready to give up relative security and a decent sporting career to lay his body on the line for Queen an Country. His is an informed decision and he knows full well he could end up in Afghanistan. In the meantime he is playing out the last days of his rugby career as if there is no tomorrow. Laying his body on the line on the rugby field is small potatoes compared to where he is going. It is highly likely that, as the final is likely to be his last game, his performance will be just as good, if not better. I can't wait!

Whatever the result, I hope we can all bid him a fond farewell.

Great Post Steve.

. It had the lot simply outstanding and if I can spare a fiver a might tell him so mi sen :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see someone looking at the full 80 minutes rather than isolated incidents. As ever with refs we gained from some decisions (disallowed tries) and lost from others (stamping missed).

The stamping incident, Littler, I believe, occurred within a couple of yards of the linesman and myself. A double offence, stamping on the chest and then the side of the face. No action taken by the linesman. Even Finny ran across to complain. Utterly disgusting.