Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Hull KR's Scott Taylor on his way to Wigan?

84 posts in this topic

I'd just assumed that we'd let Watts go because we had a lot of forwards and like Weeldon, he wasn't good enough to get in the team.

He handed in a transfer request and I don't believe a player would do that if they didn't have another job lined up. There must have been a way that Watts knew he had another job lined up and as the potential employer can't speak to said player without permission or before a certain date, the only thing I can think of is that the agent was doing it.

Good signing but no need for this sly dig at KR by the Bullfrog

I am really pleased to have secured the services of a talented British front-rower like Scott. He already has a good skill set, but the coaching staff at this club will improve him and take him to another level," said Wigan head coach Shaun Wane

"Bullfrog"? have you wandered into the wrong forum?

the only thing I can think of is that the agent was doing it.

_38352375_howe_300x180.jpg

"Who...me?" :O

"Bullfrog"? have you wandered into the wrong forum?

Thats his nickname amongst certain people and players,but i was highlighting his comment: He already has a good skill set, but the coaching staff at this club will improve him and take him to another level," said Wigan head coach Shaun Wane.

What an arrogant statement to make,you've just taken a young up and coming forward from a rival (albeit for a substantial amount) HKR fans will say £100k,Wigan fans will say £100,how demeaning to the HKR coaching staff that Wigan's staff will be able to take him to a further level.

It did'nt happen with Fielden,Moran and Orr who's performances certainly dropped after being coached by the superior Wigan machine

What an arrogant statement to make,you've just taken a young up and coming forward from a rival (albeit for a substantial amount) HKR fans will say £100k,Wigan fans will say £100,how demeaning to the HKR coaching staff that Wigan's staff will be able to take him to a further level.

It did'nt happen with Fielden,Moran and Orr who's performances certainly dropped after being coached by the superior Wigan machine

To be fair Moran and Orr didn't play for Wigan under the current regime (which I class as Maguire and Wane) and fitness and performance coaching at Wigan during that time has been second to none. I think its a shame Orr played for the team when he did, although he was phenomenal for us once we replaced Moran with Dobson, who complimented his game brilliantly. Moran, I also feel a bit sorry for as I think Maguire would have found a better role for him in the team than Millward constant trying to make him the playmaker.

Fielden's been injured for two years pretty much, but in his full one season under the new regime he was again excellent and knocking on the door for international call up.

Off the field Wigan are one of the best RL clubs in the UK. Sometime the difference between arrogance and honesty is pretty small.

There was no need for the implied dig at HKR's coaching. Wane should let the facts speak or themselves - either he will improve (which was likely to happen with greater experience in any event) or he won't, in which case Wane will be hoist by his own petard.

There was no need for the implied dig at HKR's coaching. Wane should let the facts speak or themselves - either he will improve (which was likely to happen with greater experience in any event) or he won't, in which case Wane will be hoist by his own petard.

But Wane didn't have a dig at HKR's coaching. You even say yourself it was implied. Is he not aloud to big his own club up?

But Wane didn't have a dig at HKR's coaching. You even say yourself it was implied. Is he not aloud to big his own club up?

He already has a good skill set, but the coaching staff at this club will improve him and take him to another level," said Wigan head coach Shaun Wane.

If thats not a dig at HKR coaching then i don't know what is,it smacks of we are Wigan you know we can coach players better than those plebs at HKR.

Of course big your club up but dont do it by belittling another clubs efforts

He already has a good skill set, but the coaching staff at this club will improve him and take him to another level," said Wigan head coach Shaun Wane.

If thats not a dig at HKR coaching then i don't know what is,it smacks of we are Wigan you know we can coach players better than those plebs at HKR.

Of course big your club up but dont do it by belittling another clubs efforts

I think you are looking for an offensive remark where there isn't one. Wigan wouldn't be signing Taylor if they didn't think he had room for improvement and is likely to get better. Wane's hardly going to state that his coaching staff are going to let his progress stall or him regress. If anything the quote was to placate some Wigan fans who have been disappointed that big names haven't come in to replace major losses such as Finch, Lima, Leuluai and Carmont. Like it or not, signing two players (three if you include Smith) from teams outside of the playoffs sometimes needs some context in terms of the potential of those players to contribute to a better side.