See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Leigh V Sheffield.Thurs 7.30

Match Prediction   21 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Extra Time

• Leigh To Win
    • Sheffield To Win
    • Leigh A.E.T.
    • Sheffield A.E.T.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

The pundits last year said "you need to lose a Grand Final to win one" so I hope that doesnt come back to haunt us by Sheffield beating Leigh.

Sheffield were again surprise winners at Fax and were very impressive but Leigh will be aware of this happening again.

I am going for a Home win as I think this will be the only difference between the sides.

Leigh 27-20 Sheffield

Attendance - 1580 ( shared gate syndrome)

Henderson suspended. Golden doubtful. On top of their other injuries that makes leigh's job almost impossible. Sheffield by 2+ scores

Henderson suspended. Golden doubtful. On top of their other injuries that makes leigh's job almost impossible. Sheffield by 2+ scores

I still think we have enough to beat them Robin, it will be tough though no doubt.

Hey Ian, I'll be shouting me head off for leigh. i really hope you do it on Thursday. being objective, im not convinced you have the ammo for their heavy artillery

Hey Ian, I'll be shouting me head off for leigh. i really hope you do it on Thursday. being objective, im not convinced you have the ammo for their heavy artillery

Must admit i am a bit worried Robin, but if we play to our potential i think we will just have enough to pull us through. Also thanks for your support Robin.

Im going for a leigh win by a tight margin and hoping Rowley has the tactical nounce to over come the missing player issues he might have..leigh by a score...

Henderson also out of final if Leigh make it.

I will go for Leigh by 3.

Will be a tough game and hopefully take a bit out the tank of whoever we end up facing ;)

I will go for Leigh by 3.

Will be a tough game and hopefully take a bit out the tank of whoever we end up facing ;)

the tank!, even the army didn't bring one o them when we played em.

im going for a leigh win by 14

2 good teams, i think home advantage might just swing it for Leigh.

Leigh to choke in penultimate game for second year in a row....only this time it wont be as close

Leigh 12 Sheff 37 (dg scored taking mick)

I'll get a cracker up my arce for saying this but I think Sheff are favourites to win the GF this year, I am not being disloyal to our team but being objective. A team that can put 60 on us and then, at the business end of the season, put 54 past another team that had 60'd us must be in with a shout. I saw an interview with Daryll Powell after, I think, the Keighley game. Sheffield were the team he was intimating as being a very good team. They will be a totally different proposition to last year, should they get to the GF. Loathe him or love him, Menzie Yere is a constant thorne in the side of our side, he was conspicuous by his absence in last year's final and I believe will be a big factor in the possible success of the Eagles.

I'll get a cracker up my arce for saying this but I think Sheff are favourites to win the GF this year, I am not being disloyal to our team but being objective. A team that can put 60 on us and then, at the business end of the season, put 54 past another team that had 60'd us must be in with a shout. I saw an interview with Daryll Powell after, I think, the Keighley game. Sheffield were the team he was intimating as being a very good team. They will be a totally different proposition to last year, should they get to the GF. Loathe him or love him, Menzie Yere is a constant thorne in the side of our side, he was conspicuous by his absence in last year's final and I believe will be a big factor in the possible success of the Eagles.

Andrew, Daryl said it's down to us. if we are on our game we will win, but he thinks both leigh and sheff are very dangerous. we must be at our best.

The pundits last year said "you need to lose a Grand Final to win one" ......

I remember Steve McCormack saying the same thing .....

Andrew,

If we have a weakness, it is against a side with a good kicking game, and Sheffield are the best overall in this department, Brambani is average in general play but simply the best in kicking off the last tackle. But they are experts at 40/20's and the big kick upfield to keep us pinned near our line, and not as good as Fax with those little grubbers into our in-goal area. So I think our pack will be good enough to progress out of our own half, and I also feel that Maloney will be so pumped up for his final match, that he will surpass his display against Leigh.

I hope Leigh win though, I fear Sheffield more!

They are red hot again. I am praying that Mr Roby doesn't referee the final.

Eagles are on fire again, they look very potent in attack. Talk about peaking at the right time

fightback is on, lets see what they have in the defensive locker.

Eagles up 26-4 . Looks like its eagles in final and very few fans and little atmosphere from the opposition .

We will just have to make twice as much noise