Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Buy A Brick

How Much To Pay   30 members have voted

1. 1. Your Preferred Cost

• £100
    • £50
    • £30
    • Other, please state in topic

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

15 Not maximum but there is a yet to be confirmed minimal cost for any extra characters according to Craig.

So this opens more options to putting more than 1 name per brick I.e. Mr n Mrs or include kids initials maybe

Do spaces between words count in the characters?

At last night's fans forum meeting it was asked if it was possible to start a "buy A brick " scheme.

The idea is to have your or a relative's name immortalised on a brick within the new stand or a wall at the ground.

Initially via facebook there is lots of interest so I thought it a good idea to gauge fans opinion and interest on the forum.

Apparently the last occasion it was launched the bricks cost £30 so I don't think fifty or 30 is far off.

At £50 it could be exclusive to 2012 members which would raise approximately 100, 000 which apparently is the cost to level the playing pitch.

Your thoughts please or any other new or old ideas that could be used

Can you tell me the format. I want one for Robert. Do I order at the shop, then collect and hold on to the brick until the building starts or is a list kept. If ordered Is payment due now or when construction begins?.

Can you tell me the format. I want one for Robert. Do I order at the shop, then collect and hold on to the brick until the building starts or is a list kept. If ordered Is payment due now or when construction begins?.

You don't get the brick personally, you just order it, and wait for the construction team/builders to start

Just visit the shop or office that's on the side of shop and they will sort out payment.

I was told that spaces count towards the 15 characters and it's not been confirmed yet how much extra characters cost .

£35 was the cost of the bricks the last time. It just depends how much money you want to raise. As JT suggests if you get the price of the bricks and minimum quantity then you can work out what to charge.

It wouldalso be good to have a small memorial garden somewhere in the ground where the plaques from the entrance could be relocated to then people would have somewhere to go and sit. It wouldn't have to be big but it could be something that fans could visit when down at the club.

Phil wont be down at ground until 29th October around noon. If you are taking money at the shop then I will pay for brick. I want one in the name of 'Robert Smith' Please let me know if this is not a suitable time or if you are not the person to see. Colin

Colin,

I'll be at work on the 29th so won't be at the club but if you see Veronica in the office she can take your order.

I know a Brick is a bit of a tradition but to me a Brick is associatied with Thick.....As someone who has always promoted Health & Safety .....Why don't you ask your great supporters to buy a Safety Barrier on the new terraces, and others can add name plaques all along it, just like park benches...x

I know a Brick is a bit of a tradition but to me a Brick is associatied with Thick.....As someone who has always promoted Health & Safety .....Why don't you ask your great supporters to buy a Safety Barrier on the new terraces, and others can add name plaques all along it, just like park benches...x

Also associated with buliding bridges and cementing relationships, as long as you're not stoned of course.

Colin,

I'll be at work on the 29th so won't be at the club but if you see Veronica in the office she can take your order.

Thanks Phil,

Seen Veronica and brick bought. Col.

Thanks Phil,

Seen Veronica and brick bought. Col.

i've got one you could have had Col, but Rob would have to change his name to nostell

i've got one you could have had Col, but Rob would have to change his name to nostell

No OR you can keep that one, I am sure you have your prior-y-ities.

now that cas have decided not to build the new stadium, when they redevelop wheldon rd, will they be having a "buy a plank" campaign, or have they already had one to raise the money for jordan tansey.

Just been down to buy my brick , hopefully there must be lots still to buy one to raise as much money as possible.

Ideal Christmas present for any fev fan that can't think of something to buy a loved one

Was told they thought it was just over 30

Won't look good in 20 years time when it will look like only 30 fans wanted to help out the club just before entry to the top tier.

To be fair I think most people are tightening their budgets as much as possible at the moment and a season ticket that saves you money or new fev shirts for Xmas will probably come first.

The lottery 're launch is also being done at the moment and it's something I 've always considered doing but unfortunately finances are still too tight.

Was told they thought it was just over 30

Won't look good in 20 years time when it will look like only 30 fans wanted to help out the club just before entry to the top tier.

To be fair I think most people are tightening their budgets as much as possible at the moment and a season ticket that saves you money or new fev shirts for Xmas will probably come first.

The lottery 're launch is also being done at the moment and it's something I 've always considered doing but unfortunately finances are still too tight.

Plus a lot of the fans purchased bricks the first time round, we bought 3 so that's us done I'm afraid

Plus a lot of the fans purchased bricks the first time round, we bought 3 so that's us done I'm afraid

same here Maureen

Loads were interested when it was mentioned after the forum so hopefully they will join the scheme soon.

same here Maureen

Come on OR you know yours are from Nostell. Or are you telling me the one I bought from you is not genuine.

Come on OR you know yours are from Nostell. Or are you telling me the one I bought from you is not genuine.

i bought 3 last time Col.

I bought 2 last time but at £25.00 each it was worth it, I think £50.00 each is to much to ask.