Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew Vause

Predictions for GF

30 posts in this topic

Hope we can do it but we are going to have to be at our best Sheffield look good

Let's hope the Sheffield public turn up in numbers this time to support them they deserve it

he won't be going to cas. you can't afford to pay millward off.

I predict that it will be Daryl Powells last game as coach at Fev before he moves back up to SL

That would be disaster, Daryl's irreplaceable. The only one who could come close probably wouldn't come because of all the slagging off he gets from Fev fans. But then again, Tubby could only play well for Sheffield, would it be the same with coaching?

That would be disaster, Daryl's irreplaceable. The only one who could come close probably wouldn't come because of all the slagging off he gets from Fev fans. But then again, Tubby could only play well for Sheffield, would it be the same with coaching?

No-one's irreplaceable Steve. I was gutted when as a lad my first rugby hero moved to Salford. I remember so many at the time saying "Nashy is irreplaceable". We then won the league! Who knows what the future brings for any of us. I hope Daryl remains at Fev and takes us in to SL. But massive performers have left our club before and we're still here.

My prediction is no kick off delay due to congestion and Tubby not to overly smile.

Are you making one in this year???For what it's worth, it won't come as any surprise that I agree with you about this years final. Shall we sit in the stand all on our own? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you making one in this year???For what it's worth, it won't come as any surprise that I agree with you about this years final. Shall we sit in the stand all on our own? :lol: :lol: :lol:

waldorf and stadtler

waldorf and stadtler

Lol. I am mate, I will be going with Rich. We ought to wear camouflage or join the witness protection scheme, so we don't get our heads kicked in. Robin do you think that we would be the easiest people to disguise?

he won't be going to cas. you can't afford to pay millward off.

I told him the rumour on Wed Dale and his reply was "no i wont be going to Cas"

I predict Lowfield will get his shirt off and go home covered in bruises!

Please, please ,please do not let us come away empty handed again. Its getting to be a bore. Sheffield coming good at the right time and we will have to be at the top of our game from the word "go".. One or two have had quiet games of late and there will be no room for hiding.

Does anyone know if the QLT tackle was put on report last night?

Does anyone know if the QLT tackle was put on report last night?

Don't think so. It doesn't really seem to make much difference though, it can still be reffered to the disciplinary by the match review panel. That said I can't see it being any more than a caution at worst & imho it wouldn't be worthy of any more than that.

It was put on report. I'd be amazed if any further action was taken

it high, it was late, it was deliberate, but you're probably right. nfa.

I didn't think it was high OR. he was indeed a week late but the hit was high on the chest rocking his abdomen and head backards - or at least that's how i saw it in slo mo.

I didn't think it was high OR. he was indeed a week late but the hit was high on the chest rocking his abdomen and head backards - or at least that's how i saw it in slo mo.

it matters not mate, cept maybe to McNally who is probably still a bit sore.

He did go down like Monica lowinski tho Dave.

His histrionics at leigh faking being clobbered by kainy still sticks in my mind. A part of his game i abhor and which kainy threatened to give him something to really drop to the floor for!!!

Im not saying he didn't feel the hit by qlt, but he did the starfish bit very well.

Like you say, it matters not what we think.

Robin i still think Peter Fox is God and Steve Nash was Gods right hand Man along with the likes of jimmy thompson, charlie stone, john newlove etc

Oh nashy was the greatest ever player to pull on a shirt on planet ginger. without any doubt whatsoever! :lol:

The longevity of which he played for GB is testament to what a great player he was in that key position. My one regret with Steve Nash is that I only ever saw him in a poor Salford team and an equally poor GB team toward the very end of his career. He actually played against us in our winning cup run of 83.

Was that his last season vausey?

Was that his last season vausey?

No mate, it was the last season that he played for GB, Oct 82 v Aussies at Boothferry park, Sterling reamed him that day unfortunately and drew the curtain on his international career. Domestically he played one more season, I remember going to the Willows in Jan/Feb 84 we beat Salford narrowly and he was playing that day. But the next season 84/85 he was gone. Salford were in the second div then but they beat us in a CC prelim game, they had a young lad called Darren Bloor playing scrum half by then.