Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Sheffield.Sun30th.4.30pm

Grand Final Prediction   41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be Championies 2012

• Featherstone To Win
    • Sheffield To Win
    • Featherstone After E.Time
    • Sheffield After E.Time

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

So what has he done to be out 6 month?

Has he dropped big bobs wallet on his foot!! :O

Sam Smitten

Dislocated his knee lets hope he makes a full recovery in the off season

Such a shame because Sam as had a cracking season.

I am sure that the players will do all they can to win it for him.

I don't like doing predictions but I think it will be close and hopefully we will come out on top.

Rain is predicted, hope its only showers. I would hate for the result to be decided by a freak bounce of the ball due to the conditions. Barring the unexpected, I go for Rovers to be the fitter at the end and come from behind to win. I also think that Maloney will play out of his skin in his last game before joining the army, he could be the difference between the two sides.

Rovers 28 Sheffield 24

MOM Maloney

Ist try QLT

Rovers 1st try:- Tangi.

Maloney wants a grand final win to take with him

Rovers team news from the YEP,my choice would be Bostock to centre to match up against Yere......Up the Rovers.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/featherstone-rovers-suffer-smeaton-blow-on-eve-of-final-1-4976928

A bit of news from Aston.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/motivated-eagles-eager-to-gain-rovers-revenge-1-4977967

I would go with Chappell to replace Sam he can handle yere think bostocks too slow to play against him

I would go with Chappell to replace Sam he can handle yere think bostocks too slow to play against him

On the nose mate. If Yere makes a break, Bostock will need to ail a cab. Chapple at centre.

I don't think anyone was even close with a score prediction.

I am gutted like the majority but I would rather gave gone to both finals than not attended any. We are the only team to attend both showpiece events this season and finish top of a very strong and competitive league were any team in the top 6 could have attended either final.

We have had a fantastic season that only three years ago we could only dream about and don't forget the Challenge cup victory that we 'll remember for the rest of our lives.

Onwards and upwards we are going, the new stadium will be finished for next season , new players already signed so it's time to increase the attendances again by telling everyone what is fantastic about Fev Rovers and lets get behind the club and get to the season ticket /buy a brick launch on the 9th October .

Roll on next season and hopefully we can attend at least one final and finish top again .

Viva the Fevolution

Think us fans could do with some more positive news from the club regarding 2013 to bring us out of the 'BIG SULK'............

Many questions to be answered for me.......

Are some players too comfortable at the club now?

Does the team need a big shake up?

How do Sheffield afford to field a better team than Fev?

Why can't Fev attract the players Sheffield manage to get QLT, Menzie Yere, Taulapapa etc ???

If DP is the best coach outside SL then why didn't he have his players raring to go in that 2nd half yesterday, did we even make a break?

We are desperate for pace in our team but will we get it?

It seems to me that DP goes for the more defensive player rather than an exciting player with the skill to change a game and pace to burn..... so maybe next year will be the same old story, hope not!

It seems to me that DP goes for the more defensive player rather than an exciting player with the skill to change a game and pace to burn..... so maybe next year will be the same old story, hope not!

Totally disagree with this comment i mean we have got kainy,briggs,ellis,finn and hepworth and your saying he goes for defensive players and not skillful and exciting players? IMO when these guys are at the top of their game they are the best backs in our league by a country mile.

Totally disagree with this comment i mean we have got kainy,briggs,ellis,finn and hepworth and your saying he goes for defensive players and not skillful and exciting players? IMO when these guys are at the top of their game they are the best backs in our league by a country mile.

In 2012 against the lower teams the above players did shine at times but when we play the likes of Leigh, Fax, Batley, Sheff then it's very rare that we see a length of the field exciting try scored by Fev. When other teams break our line we can't catch them because we're too slow...BARGE BARGE BARGE and lets wait to see if the opposition tire and when they don't we have no plan 'B'!

We need some pace from full back when we're returnig the ball because at the moment I'm sorry to say but jogging the ball back into the oppositions defensive line just isn't good enough!

In 2012 against the lower teams the above players did shine at times but when we play the likes of Leigh, Fax, Batley, Sheff then it's very rare that we see a length of the field exciting try scored by Fev. When other teams break our line we can't catch them because we're too slow...BARGE BARGE BARGE and lets wait to see if the opposition tire and when they don't we have no plan 'B'!

We need some pace from full back when we're returnig the ball because at the moment I'm sorry to say but jogging the ball back into the oppositions defensive line just isn't good enough!

I totally agree with everything in your post we do need pace maybe ellis lamont and this kid from donny will inject the pace into the team.Because lamont and that kid from donny look realy quick and we all know what ellis brings so maybe you will get your wish for next season ;)

How do Sheffield afford to field a better team than Fev?

I dont think theyve paid to win the title - more like the players at the club have been offered a challenge of trying to beat the ''best'' by a club that had a chance of winning things at the start of the season, surely thats more of an inspiring challenge of becoming the best than defending being the best?

I dont think theyve paid to win the title - more like the players at the club have been offered a challenge of trying to beat the ''best'' by a club that had a chance of winning things at the start of the season, surely thats more of an inspiring challenge of becoming the best than defending being the best?

Also, perhaps the lower paid individuals collectively made a better team, or at least they did yesterday. ;)

could someone please explain to me why James Lockwood got so little game time was he injured because i didnt see him do anything wrong during his short time on the pitch intersted as i know the lad and he looked prity down beat to say the least thanks

Same thing happened in the semi 20 mins and never returned

Lockwood for me is better from the bench than starting, think the starting props were wrong but it worked that way in the semi with that combination

I wouldve started Dickens and Maloney who were outstanding in the semi

could someone please explain to me why James Lockwood got so little game time was he injured because i didnt see him do anything wrong during his short time on the pitch intersted as i know the lad and he looked prity down beat to say the least thanks

I dont think there was anything wrong with him i could be wrong myself though.But DP as the attitude of get are big men on for as long as we can when were in trouble dont know why but thats the vibe ive got off him through out the season.

really think Locky is a second row played his best games at dewsbury in that position finding the openings wider out and scored some impresive tries with his step and pace the lads confidence looked shot to me when he came back on

really think Locky is a second row played his best games at dewsbury in that position finding the openings wider out and scored some impresive tries with his step and pace the lads confidence looked shot to me when he came back on

I'd tend to agree. I think he can do (and has done) a good job at prop, but he looks more natural as a second rower.

he may move to 2nd row when crossley gets here.