Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winnyason

Lens fc test match confirmed

100 posts in this topic

€175?!

Might drive four hours from Carcassonne to Avignon then jump on the train with the wife and two kids! Cheap day out, and all that to watch a French team made up of elite 1 players!

Atleast they're trying to get supporters up there, but the price is massive for a day trip!

On the French federation website, there's going to be a high speed train put on for supporters from Avignon to Lens stopping at Lyon, a day return ticket will cost 175 euro with a match ticket, they need 500 supporters or it won't run!

Don't think there'll be many takers!

maybe another fromToulouse while we're at it ?

175 Euro is a lot, but we in the UK sometimes forget how large a country France is. Avignon-Lens is about the same distance as Aberdeen to London - to commission a train over that distance is quite an effort.

My day-trip from Brussels will set me back about 45 euros. As I've mentioned, would be happy to meet up with any TRLers dans le coin, hopefully in Le McEwans pub that was my stomping ground* back in the day.

*As in, I used to do the quiz in there on a Thursday night and get lifts home from very drunk French people.

Atleast they're trying to get supporters up there, but the price is massive for a day trip!

absolute joke ! - 700€ for a family of four with petrol to Avignon plus meals etc ! Larrat is really taking the juice !

Says the same in the independent this morning, and he'd like a super league in 2014!

Good idea by the president of lens, he's showing the. Football clubs away match on the big screen in the stadium before the match! Might get few new people interested! Hope so as the Catalans wave of new interest is dieing off a little,

Just had a good chat with my friend Bernard the fed are hoping for a minimum of 12/15000

CM

what, french RL fans travelling from the south to the north or locals getting in on freebies ?

It's mainly about playing numbers in the perpignan area is starting to drop, also the people further afield who would have gone to the game now prefer to stay at home and watch it on tv,

It's mainly about playing numbers in the perpignan area is starting to drop, also the people further afield who would have gone to the game now prefer to stay at home and watch it on tv,

well, i'll be going to support the lads but it's still a 7 hour trek from Limoges - I believe a few from the heartlands are flying up to Charleroi

Tbh Odsal would be better for a summer international v Aus

:D

Have you seen our summers? Less chance of freezing to death in Autumn.

French squad for the game

LES 30 :

1 BAITIERI Jason - Dragons Catalans

2 BARTHAU William - Dragons Catalans

3 BEMBA Romaric - AS Carcassonne

4 BENTLEY Andrew - Pia

5 BENTLEY Kane - Pia

6 BOSC Thomas - Dragons Catalans

7 BOUSQUET Julian - St Estève-XIII Catalan

8 CARDACE Damien - Dragons Catalans

9 CASTY Rémi - Dragons Catalans

10 DUPORT Vincent - Dragons Catalans

11 ELIMA Olivier - Bradford Bulls en 2012 (Dragons en 2013)

12 FAKIR Jamal - Dragons Catalans

13 FERRIOL David - Dragons Catalans

14 GIGOT Tony - SO Avignon

15 GRIFFI Mathieu -FC Lézignan

16 GUASCH David - St Estève-XIII Catalan

17 LARROYER Kevin - St Estève-XIII Catalan

18 MARIA Antoni - St Estève-XIII Catalan

19 MASSELOT Samy - Toulouse Olympique

20 MOUNIS Grégory - Dragons Catalans

21 PALA Mathias - St Estève-XIII Catalan

22 PELISSIER Eloi - Dragons Catalans

23 PLANAS Sébastien - Toulouse

24 RAGUIN Sébastien - Dragons Catalans

25 ROBIN Stanislas - St Estève-XIII Catalan

26 SADAOUI Teddy - AS Carcassonne

27 SIMON Mickael - Dragons Catalans

28 SOUBEYRAS Clément - Pia

29 STACUL Cyril - Dragons Catalans

30 TISSEYRE Yoan - FC Lézignan

I doubt there will be a big crowd, even with all the freebies. But if the FFR13 are guaranteed to have their costs covered, the game is on TV and a new audience is exposed to RL, it won't be the worst thing in the world.

Personally, I'd love to see the Australian play an end of season Test match v France in the northern region. Lens (and Lille) are very close to Fromelles, where the Battle of Fromelles took place. Along with Villers-Brettenoux, there was a substantial loss of Australian lives, including many early Rugby League pioneers. Newtown's captain and NSW representative, Herbert Bolt lost his life at Fleurbaix. I think an Australia v France match in that region would be an excellent way to acknowledge and commemorate the sacrifices they made. 2016 would be good as it would be near the 100th anniversary but if it is one year out before the RLWC, the Aussies won't travel :(

Was looking at doing this as we can get cheap flights to Perpignan and Toulouse from Bristol and London, but Lille or LENS ( now we FINALLY know which!) would be a Eurostar job and out of the price range.Shall have to make do with Wrecsam. I understand the France desire to take games out of the main centres of population and 'Rugby Heartland' (I notice London Welsh RUFC are taking on Stade Francais at Valenciennes FC, just down the round) but there is normally some history or embryonic development of the game in that area. Not sure this is the case here, would be good to know from anyone? Wrecsam is a long enough journey from Cardiff so can imagine that being quite frustrating for treizistes in Canet,Haute-Garonne,Cote d'Azur etc

Was looking at doing this as we can get cheap flights to Perpignan and Toulouse from Bristol and London, but Lille or LENS ( now we FINALLY know which!) would be a Eurostar job and out of the price range.Shall have to make do with Wrecsam. I understand the France desire to take games out of the main centres of population and 'Rugby Heartland' (I notice London Welsh RUFC are taking on Stade Francais at Valenciennes FC, just down the round) but there is normally some history or embryonic development of the game in that area. Not sure this is the case here, would be good to know from anyone? Wrecsam is a long enough journey from Cardiff so can imagine that being quite frustrating for treizistes in Canet,Haute-Garonne,Cote d'Azur etc

absolute disgrace - it's quicker to travel from Wrexham to Lens than from Carcassonne and the other heartland areas (by road) - what a joke !

I doubt there will be a big crowd, even with all the freebies. But if the FFR13 are guaranteed to have their costs covered, the game is on TV and a new audience is exposed to RL, it won't be the worst thing in the world.

Personally, I'd love to see the Australian play an end of season Test match v France in the northern region. Lens (and Lille) are very close to Fromelles, where the Battle of Fromelles took place. Along with Villers-Brettenoux, there was a substantial loss of Australian lives, including many early Rugby League pioneers. Newtown's captain and NSW representative, Herbert Bolt lost his life at Fleurbaix. I think an Australia v France match in that region would be an excellent way to acknowledge and commemorate the sacrifices they made. 2016 would be good as it would be near the 100th anniversary but if it is one year out before the RLWC, the Aussies won't travel :(

yeah that would be a good gesture but it was rumoured a while back that Aus v NZ in Lille may be a possibility - that sounds a great idea to me - or how about a French 13 v Commonwealth 13 in the area to commemorate the Great War ?

absolute disgrace - it's quicker to travel from Wrexham to Lens than from Carcassonne and the other heartland areas (by road) - what a joke !

For f*x sake, sick and tired of people whining endlessly about this, its completely within the remit of FFRXIII to promote the game outside its heartlands. Just start planning and looking forward to the world cup games in Perpignan/Avignon. Let's also be realistic outside of those two areas French fans aren't turning out in great numbers for games over there, under 2000 in the heartlands of Lezignan for magic weekend......thats a disgrace and I don't hear u and your whinging wing man Canetman jacking off over that one.

For f*x sake, sick and tired of people whining endlessly about this, its completely within the remit of FFRXIII to promote the game outside its heartlands. Just start planning and looking forward to the world cup games in Perpignan/Avignon. Let's also be realistic outside of those two areas French fans aren't turning out in great numbers for games over there, under 2000 in the heartlands of Lezignan for magic weekend......thats a disgrace and I don't hear u and your whinging wing man Canetman jacking off over that one.

do me a favour mate - don't talk utter rubbish

you can't use the M62 corridor as any yardstick to matchday crowds - the demography of France is a million times different to that of the english heartlands - 2000 is just about capacity for Lezignan and the FFR got it right as the best venue for that day

similarly they chose Toulouse for the play-offs and a full house of about 4000 were present which was great

and I will 'whine endlessly' about a ridiculous decision to hold the only international of the year in a dump like Lens - the FFR do not have a remit to drive the fans away from their sport ! any sane bunch of administrators would be doing everything possible to attract fans not choose to #### around at a venue 8 hours drive from the nearest LER town let alone further flung towns such as Lezignan, Montpellier & Perpignan etc

Look i have to say a guy is sticking his neck out, look 600 turned up to a game in league HEARTLAND in carcassonne, this is not ok. Simply put something has to improve.

Look i have to say a guy is sticking his neck out, look 600 turned up to a game in league HEARTLAND in carcassonne, this is not ok. Simply put something has to improve.

well, maybe if the FFR13 lead by example and stopped trying to put people off the game instead of encouraging them then things would improve - having only ONE home international in a calendar year simply isn't good enough - since Larrat decided to step down the game has been in limbo in France, even i'm beginning to lose interest !

if the governing body can't be interested then why should I take the trouble ?

Are you guys for real, what a joke. Heartland teams, pia, asc, limoux getting what not even 1000 to a game and that is heartland. It is pathetic, honestly the game will never go anywhere but village small town. I know former limoux coach blinkhorn he told me the metality is the reason why the game has stood still for 50 years.

Honestly a guy gives them a tv deal, big chance of credible semi pro league, what is the worst go back to the elite village comp if it fails?

Sad news! Looks like my old team Montpellier first team have thrown in the towel, looks like they'll just have their team in division three! Money promised to them halved, half way through the season, it happens every year!