Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roosterbooster

Overseas signing

43 posts in this topic

pont n cas eyes himself.... step forward mr stuart fielden...dont think we could get any bigger than him

Would be a great signing for us but ive got a feeling we are done in the transfer market now.But funnier things have happened if we want someone that badly im sure we would do our best to get them.

Would be a great signing for us but ive got a feeling we are done in the transfer market now.But funnier things have happened if we want someone that badly im sure we would do our best to get them.

Why would we want him that badly? He's older than Stuart Dickens.

I would like a heavyweight prop Andrew, if only for the rainy days. Sunday reminded me of the Batley match in the mud at the start of the season- Undermined by a bigger pack and a pair of kicking half-backs.

We need a big prop forward or else we win fall short again. We tried to sign Tonks and Barlow so the powers that be must think we need one as well

I would like a heavyweight prop Andrew, if only for the rainy days. Sunday reminded me of the Batley match in the mud at the start of the season- Undermined by a bigger pack and a pair of kicking half-backs.

Steve, as usual, I cannot agree with you more. However, I don't know if someone, despite his former glories, at 34 years of age, come next season is the guy who really fits the bill.

Heard from a neighbour we are looking at a forward and if we get him it will be a big, big signing ;)

i don't want anyone jumping to conclusions, but Malcom Dixon has been spotted down at the ground recently.

you could google 1967 challenge cup final for starters

Please tell me who Malcolm Dixon is

Probably the fastest 18stone prop ever.

Probably the fastest 18stone prop ever.

yes Colin, i saw him score a beauty at home against whitehaven.

Mal was a friend of my Grand dad they both worked down Glasshoughton pit, he is a gentleman and a genuine gentle giant but put him on a rugby field and watch out.

i remember Mal and Terry Clawson breaking into the first team at around the same time. rampaging is the word that springs to mind.

ok guys i get the picture but really have we we any ideas of a player who could be gracing post office road we do need a big lad to complement the others and keep one stride ahead of the other teams if we dont then i am stilll getting down on tuesday night i want to suss out my membership options

i remember Mal and Terry Clawson breaking into the first team at around the same time. rampaging is the word that springs to mind.

If you remember OR Mal always wiped the ball on his jersey before giving it to Terry to kick. Those were the days. With regard to the under 23's I reckon there are some likely lads in the team. I agree to give them a selective game or two. But alking about BIG props the lads at prop in the team are the right size I reckon. Well impressed.

If you remember OR Mal always wiped the ball on his jersey before giving it to Terry to kick. Those were the days. With regard to the under 23's I reckon there are some likely lads in the team. I agree to give them a selective game or two. But alking about BIG props the lads at prop in the team are the right size I reckon. Well impressed.

They are the right size for 90% of the season, they are "summer rugby" props, but sometimes the conditions suit brawn over mobility.