Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonnyg28

Carnegie Challenge Cup Dates

12 posts in this topic

They were looking at having the preliminary round and round 1 during the NCL playoffs (with the top 6 exempt to round 2). Anyone know if that's still the case?

Something similar. Only the whole of the Premier Division and Armed forces are exempt til R2. Dependent on entries there will be Prelims (possibly 2 rounds) and the R1 played at the conclusion of the current NCL season. All of this year's NCL sides will be entered unless they opt out by this weekend, There will also be 5 student teams and presumably some Tier 4/RLCN (NCL3) representation too. In other words the same as previous years, with prelims and R1 played before Christmas.

The switch to summer caused scheduling problems (the same one that prevented many summer sides entering) as games would be well out of season. Understandably proposal one of only premier division clubs entering was rejected by the clubs.

So its back to playing in Winter then, so no NCL sides will be entering :lol:

The circus continues

Makes sense to me playing in October and November is better than playing the ties in February, So can't see what your problem is i did nt hear any club complaining about it at the NCL Meeting so guess all are happy with it. ( If there was a circus we would not have to look very far for a few clowns!!! )

Makes sense to me playing in October and November is better than playing the ties in February, So can't see what your problem is i did nt hear any club complaining about it at the NCL Meeting so guess all are happy with it. ( If there was a circus we would not have to look very far for a few clowns!!! )

Around the top table?

They were looking at having the preliminary round and round 1 during the NCL playoffs (with the top 6 exempt to round 2). Anyone know if that's still the case?

That October then is it? I'd heard 20th/27th October but can't see it confirmed anywhere.

provisional dates set out at the moment are 27th Oct and 10th Nov depending on how many clubs are taking part. Guess these dates will be comfirmed after the closing date for applicants which is the 29th Sept.

Dear Colleague

Further to your request for inclusion in the Rugby League Challenge Cup, I am able to confirm below details of the dates relating to the Competitions’ early rounds:

27th October 2012

3rd November 2012

10th November 2012

The draw will be made at the RFL Community Board meeting on the 10th October 2012.

More details concerning the Competition will be released in due course.

Regards

David C Lowe

Tier 4 Competitions’ Administrator