Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bluebags

What's going on at Bramley?

38 posts in this topic

That may come back to haunt him one day ;)

They already have. Check the thread on the community RL forum

They already have. Check the thread on the community RL forum

It may make sense now that there are difficulties raising open age sides, and as has always been said Bramley to be a modern day club need a junior set up and didn't feel there was the opportunity to create one themselves without stepping on West Leeds people's toes.

Is this merger growth or consolidation?. I suspect the latter and yes it will be the place to be.

But the bottom line will be the name, for at the end of the day that is what those behind Bramley are trying to keep alive more than anything. That's all they have left. Are Rodley to give up theirs?

There's been a number of successful mergers on the western side of the Pennines:

Thatto Heath & St Helens Crusaders

Eccles & Salford Juniors

Ince St Williams & Rose Bridge

I think they've all kicked on after "merging" or "consolidating" 

Hope this works out well for Bramley & Rodley

It should be fairly easy to name the new club, just make a portmanteau from both current names. Take the "Bram" from Bramley, and the "ley" from Rodley, and you've got "Bramley". Oh, hang on...

There's been a number of successful mergers on the western side of the Pennines:

Thatto Heath & St Helens Crusaders

Eccles & Salford Juniors

Ince St Williams & Rose Bridge

I think they've all kicked on after "merging" or "consolidating"

Hope this works out well for Bramley & Rodley

Woolston and Warrington Wizards

It should be fairly easy to name the new club, just make a portmanteau from both current names. Take the "Bram" from Bramley, and the "ley" from Rodley, and you've got "Bramley". Oh, hang on...

If the kids keep the "Rodley Rockets" tag and Bramley keep their tag then all this will be is Bramley moving further away from their spiritual home??

If the kids keep the "Rodley Rockets" tag and Bramley keep their tag then all this will be is Bramley moving further away from their spiritual home??

Not sure. I was told last night that, despite the link-up, Bramley may still play its home games at Bramley Phoenix RUFC.

All a bit mixed so best to wait for the official word.

Woolston and Warrington Wizards

They were originally the same club. They split and then re-merged.

I quite like the alternative: Bramrod!!!

Has a slightly controlled-agressive feel to it.

They were originally the same club. They split and then re-merged.

Yeh so they did, forgot about that. Not doing to bad either

Not sure. I was told last night that, despite the link-up, Bramley may still play its home games at Bramley Phoenix RUFC.

All a bit mixed so best to wait for the official word.

Playing further down Town Street is a fantastic way to keep the club going in a way that is not contrived. If Pheonix have a club house it'd be great for Bramley to have their memorabilia in there.

Playing further down Town Street is a fantastic way to keep the club going in a way that is not contrived. If Pheonix have a club house it'd be great for Bramley to have their memorabilia in there.

There is a small clubhouse and Buffaloes have played the odd NL3 game there in the past. Working with union clubs is always fraught with problems though.