Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saint Billinge

Please can/may I borrow your book!

138 posts in this topic

Who built the academies for the academics to be so wise within if they hadn't yet get around to inventing the disciplines to enable the cave dwellers to build them?

Academics existed before academies, the Ancient Greeks used to teach in the open air.

I love a good old moan about academics. University of life, in the real world etc. etc.

Academics existed before academies, the Ancient Greeks used to teach in the open air.

That's because they had upset the artisans, who had downed tools. Then they had to teach in the open air because didn't know how to build a roof for themselves.

Good for them. At what point in human history did academics come into existence - presumably they had to spend some time living outside the caves before the rest of the population followed?

I love a good old moan about academics. University of life, in the real world etc. etc.

"A maths lecturer who moans about humanities lecturers writes ..."

"A maths lecturer who moans about humanities lecturers writes ..."

I did say academics.

Good for them. At what point in human history did academics come into existence - presumably they had to spend some time living outside the caves before the rest of the population followed?

Who knows but what has it got to do with whether academics make a useful contribution to society?

That's because they had upset the artisans, who had downed tools. Then they had to teach in the open air because didn't know how to build a roof for themselves.

I don't recall claiming that builders are bunch of wasters.

Who knows but what has it got to do with whether academics make a useful contribution to society?

Just determining whether academics are really the reason people don't as a rule live in caves any more.

Just determining whether academics are really the reason people don't as a rule live in caves any more.

Try googling the word "hyperbole" some time.

Try googling the word "hyperbole" some time.

Try googling the word "badinage" some time.

:)

Just google two girls one cup and be done with it.

Just google two girls one cup and be done with it.

I did.

Never again.

I once received a sickness self-certification form from a school employee stating that she was off with a sore trout.

Sounds a bit fishy.