Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredm

Rams and Bulls announce link-up (merged threads)

282 posts in this topic

Stuart Duffy told a supporters meeting at the Bulls last night that they were looking to link up with having Dewsbury Rams as a feeder club.

If it means we get afew decent lads on season long contracts then it cant be too bad but feeder club we dont want to be which imsure we wont be. Glenns still going to sign his own players and anyplayers we do receieve from the Bulls must be on seasonlong loans if possible, not a clutch of dual reg players who come and go everyweek because that is what we certainly dont want as it will not help us onebit becoming the Bulls reserves team! It would also lose us fans as why would us fans want to support the Bulls reserve team?

If its 2 or 3 players a season, which imsure is what it will be, like we had Singleton and Hood last season from Leeds then i dont see it been a big problem aslong as they stay the majority if not all of the season....

If it means we get afew decent lads on season long contracts then it cant be too bad but feeder club we dont want to be which imsure we wont be. Glenns still going to sign his own players and anyplayers we do receieve from the Bulls must be on seasonlong loans if possible, not a clutch of dual reg players who come and go everyweek because that is what we certainly dont want as it will not help us onebit becoming the Bulls reserves team! It would also lose us fans as why would us fans want to support the Bulls reserve team?

If its 2 or 3 players a season, which imsure is what it will be, like we had Singleton and Hood last season from Leeds then i dont see it been a big problem aslong as they stay the majority if not all of the season....

Personally I don't want us to be associated with any one SL team, If dual reg or loan becomes necessary, I would prefer the coach to be able to choose from available players at any club able to fill our player requirements. What makes duffy think we'd want to be tied to a club that's on parole anyway ? Tommy G has a job with the warriors hasn't he ? lets get in bed with them if it's necessary.

I like the link and assume you will take the nickname of both clubs and combine them to make

"bull-######"

I like the link and assume you will take the nickname of both clubs and combine them to make

"bull-######"

Lets hope we dont merge with the dogs then. B)

@OLLOCKS no way will be a feeder club.The more the boards try to force it the more it will be resented.

I think it's just a few first teamers that don't make first team on game day, don't think its a case of us being bulls reserve squad.

Don't be fooled.

It'll be the crumbs they throw you.

Hmm maybe, I tend to read the local newspaper on a Friday in the school library and I think it was the press that said that.

A few years ago we were supposed to link with the Bulls, but it was no more than running the lottery and a per-season friendly. Can't see this amounting to much.

A few years ago we were supposed to link with the Bulls, but it was no more than running the lottery and a per-season friendly. Can't see this amounting to much.

Wonder if they've told rochdale yet, who if memory serves correct, also had a special relationship with the bulls a couple of years back - fringe players to join them, promising young players being sent to learn the game with them blah de blah de blah - all bullocks. :angry:

The big announcement Tom was talking about early this week looks to be this news,swapping players,able to use the Bulls training ground in Tong.Maybe even going Rams and Bulls games at reduced cost.I'm sure Tom will put on the official statement later.It had to happen sometime soon with the Bulls.Anyone going to be part time Bulls fans ? :O

The big announcement Tom was talking about early this week looks to be this news,swapping players,able to use the Bulls training ground in Tong.Maybe even going Rams and Bulls games at reduced cost.I'm sure Tom will put on the official statement later.It had to happen sometime soon with the Bulls.Anyone going to be part time Bulls fans ? :O

Another link up to go with the link up we already had ? Sharing players like Addy and erm...... Why on earth would we want to link up with a club that is on trial as far the SL are concerned? It's like Britain aligning it'self with the Greek economy. :huh: Wonder if we'll get discounted curries as bradbury ticket holders B)

Our own players could join bradford if they have ambitions of SL?

Surely not in the middle of the season? This will be at the end of the season yeah?

If so the links not too bad but we dont want our best players joining bradford halfway through a season or for odd games, leaving us without keyplayers! That would be a disgrace. AND LOSE US FANS!!

After all the positives that have been coming out of the club, I'm not convinced this a continuation of the positive vibe!?

I'd listen to what Glenn has to say about the link-up this morning before panicking too much.

Also bear in mind that If a player has the ambition to play in the Super League and is good enough to fulfil that ambition then he is likely to leave the club to pursue it, regardless of whether or not we are linked with Bradford.

Wonder what your reactions will be when you find about half your gameday squad will be bulls players. You're just a SL reserve team now.

What was your reaction when a St Helens player won you the Northern Rail Cup last year?

Does Chris Hill joining Warrington make you their feeder club?

Unfortunatly this is the state that aour great game is in. To remain financially viable, SL clubs are not running an under 20's competition next year, and instead they are being encouraged to form links with championship squads to sent players on dual reg/ loan to. For the SL club its perfect as it means that they can retain players, have them playing at a higher level of competition than acadamy offers, and the 'feeder' clubs pick up some of the bill on players wages. Unfortunnatly this is at the demise of the club they are linked with. Basically, you will be allowed up to 8 players from Bradford now, which undoubtedly you will use, as rivals with a similar link up with undoubtedly do. Think that the RFL bosses are looking at the Australian system, and think that is the future. Unfortunatly, it means the death of historical clubs likes of yourselves. But we all know that the RFL doesnt care about the championship, with its attitude of letting clubs go to the wall whilst bailing out SL compatraites.

and the 'feeder' clubs pick up some of the bill on players wages.

Nope.

Unfortunnatly this is at the demise of the club they are linked with. Basically, you will be allowed up to 8 players from Bradford now, which undoubtedly you will use, as rivals with a similar link up with undoubtedly do.

Glenn is assembling a team of 24/25 Dewsbury Rams players. I will be very, very surprised if there are ever more than three Bradford players in the Rams squad on any given match day.

Think that the RFL bosses are looking at the Australian system, and think that is the future. Unfortunatly, it means the death of historical clubs likes of yourselves.

How exactly are we losing out? If a Rams player has ambitions to make it in the Super League and is talented enough to fulfil that ambition then the chances are he will leave. All this arrangement means is that Bradford will get first refusal on such players.