Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredm

Rams and Bulls announce link-up (merged threads)

282 posts in this topic

You're nearly as bad as Gav, so far all your assurances have proven to be nothing but tosh, come back when you have some facts!

Hey, I held my hands up yesterday and said it had gone too far (with Swinton & Warrington).

I was willing to be optimistic and give the system the benefit of the doubt because if used in the right way it could benefit everyone.

The way Swinton are abusing the system effectively makes them a feeder club.

Hey, I held my hands up yesterday and said it had gone too far (with Swinton & Warrington).

I was willing to be optimistic and give the system the benefit of the doubt because if used in the right way it could benefit everyone.

The way Swinton are abusing the system effectively makes them a feeder club.

At least you've had the balls to admit you we're wrong Gav. It won't stop at Swinton either

Cue new rules for next season, but this season is turning into a farce before a ball has been kicked. I wonder if Bulls will dual register Karl Pryce so if he starts playing well he will be back at the Bulls?

Fair play Gav, at least you haven't hidden away.

I take no pleasure from this, but I still can't believe people could not see this whole sorry mess unfolding months ago. It was so obvious, no team could risk relegation in to the bottom division financially, so there was only ever going to be one outcome.

As crazy as it sounds, the only hope for survival for the CH clubs is to break away and leave SL and if it also means waving goodbye to the £90k per season funding, then so be it.

It is not going to be easy for any club, playing budgets will be cut, and short term certainly the standard of rugby will not be as good, and yes players will switch codes and play Rugby Union for the money. I do not see any other way for clubs like York, Dewsbury and Batley etc. to survive even in the medium term. Certainly watching Warrington and Widnes 2nd teams posing as Swinton and Workington is not going to have any lasting appeal for supporters, the whole competition loses it's integrity.

I'm not altogether sure whether the drop in standard will be such the bad thing than some people fear. Although the quality of rugby is not as good, I'd far rather watch a close game between clubs in the CH, than watching the quality of say Wigan or Leeds stuffing London Bronco's by 60 points.

Personally, I'd go back to winter rugby and try to cash in on all the SL supporters who don't have games for the majority of a winter season, have the game run by an independent body, so clubs don't get to say what is best for the game as it proven in the RFL today, the game becomes corrupted by a few with more power than other clubs and decisions start to be based upon self interest rather than what is good for the game as a whole.

Fair play Gav, at least you haven't hidden away.

I take no pleasure from this, but I still can't believe people could not see this whole sorry mess unfolding months ago. It was so obvious, no team could risk relegation in to the bottom division financially, so there was only ever going to be one outcome.

Forgive me but I feel that this is giving you great pleasure.

As crazy as it sounds, the only hope for survival for the CH clubs is to break away and leave SL and if it also means waving goodbye to the £90k per season funding, then so be it.

Yes it sound just as crazy as it did when you were saying it ages ago, long before DR became an issue. You just want a breakaway, admit it.

It is not going to be easy for any club, playing budgets will be cut, and short term certainly the standard of rugby will not be as good, and yes players will switch codes and play Rugby Union for the money. I do not see any other way for clubs like York, Dewsbury and Batley etc. to survive even in the medium term. Certainly watching Warrington and Widnes 2nd teams posing as Swinton and Workington is not going to have any lasting appeal for supporters, the whole competition loses it's integrity.

Dead in the water within 3 years. No gates to speak of leaving the simple costs of ground upkeep to be unaffordable.

I'm not altogether sure whether the drop in standard will be such the bad thing than some people fear. Although the quality of rugby is not as good, I'd far rather watch a close game between clubs in the CH, than watching the quality of say Wigan or Leeds stuffing London Bronco's by 60 points.

Check out the state of club RU in Wales for an example of what will happen to the quality, and more.

Personally, I'd go back to winter rugby and try to cash in on all the SL supporters who don't have games for the majority of a winter season, have the game run by an independent body, so clubs don't get to say what is best for the game as it proven in the RFL today, the game becomes corrupted by a few with more power than other clubs and decisions start to be based upon self interest rather than what is good for the game as a whole.

La La Land.

Well forgive me here Keith, but is this not the exact thing you were classing as "fairy tales and what if's" in my earlier post? I believe I posted the exact same thing. Signing players for peanuts from the parent club until the end of the season leaving DR spaces available for other players.

You're nearly as bad as Gav, so far all your assurances have proven to be nothing but tosh, come back when you have some facts!

Please explain why these players would sign for peanuts?

Forgive me but I feel that this is giving you great pleasure.

Sadly not BSJ, none what so ever, I find it absolutely sickening, and sadder than you can imagine, especially when people like you, fellow supporters, are either burying your head in the sand, or are either too blind or stupid to see it? Maybe you should just lose the word "side" from your name and stick to the more apt name of "Blind Johnny"?

Yes it sound just as crazy as it did when you were saying it ages ago, long before DR became an issue. You just want a breakaway, admit it.

I'm more than happy to listen to what you have to offer by way of ideas to save the championship? I don't profess to have all the answers; I simply don't see any other way for clubs in the CH to survive.

Maybe you will be happy watching Dewsbury getting thrashed by Warrington's 2nd team laced with 2 or 3 of the wire first team lads? Personally I wouldn't. It makes a mockery of the competition,having a team fielding a strong team one week beating all before them, then putting out a team that wouldn't be fit to play on the same field as a CH1 team the week after, simply because an injury crisis hits Warrington's first team?

How long before the majority of CH fans stop watching when they realise our competition has no credibility and walk away altogether, or decide to watch SL and clubs like ours are gone forever?

Dead in the water within 3 years. No gates to speak of leaving the simple costs of ground upkeep to be unaffordable.

How long have we got at the moment? 3 years seems optimistic looking at the game as it stands. £90k a year isn't that much money, how many of players would it buy for a season, 3 maybe 4? Why would losing 3 or 4 lads make such a difference to gates, would you walk away simply because you lose say Karl Pryce and a couple of other lads?

Check out the state of club RU in Wales for an example of what will happen to the quality, and more.

Is it better to have a club that is struggling to survive, or have no club to support? I know which I would choose.