Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredm

Rams and Bulls announce link-up (merged threads)

282 posts in this topic

it's nowt to worry about. a bit like prescription charges and tuition fees.

Two seasons ago I introduced your Cheerleaders to an new sponsorship source, and last year I attended some of your games when my team was not playing, and I have for some years made dewsbury a must away match to attend, despite not many travelling the other way!

I can honestly say that this will now change and its not a matter of sulking or taking my bat home. These tie ups are like are like a bullied child taking a beating then putting their hand out for a lift up off the bullies, perhaps hoping they will pick on someone else next time! In fact just strengthening the bullies position.

Hope you are prepared for when the wind turns again, and that you can enthuse the Dews public because, you will need all the home support you can get in the future.

Keep your eyes open for and undernourished Bull eating a sheep with a half eaten carrot in its mouth!

What's the difference between being a feeder team for the bulls and being a feeder team for fev ? At least if one of our players makes the step up to SL we'll get a transfer fee - remind me what we got from fev apart from the middle digit. As for the disparity in numbers between the two groups of away supporters, we'll see how it pans out if the clubs with SL links benefit enough player wise to see fev at the other end of the table. It's easy to be an away supporter when your team is winning - not so easy when you've had three seasons of dismal, survival mode rugby. I think personally, the link up will make little difference on the player front - we've been down this road before.

What's the difference between being a feeder team for the bulls and being a feeder team for fev ? At least if one of our players makes the step up to SL we'll get a transfer fee - remind me what we got from fev apart from the middle digit. As for the disparity in numbers between the two groups of away supporters, we'll see how it pans out if the clubs with SL links benefit enough player wise to see fev at the other end of the table. It's easy to be an away supporter when your team is winning - not so easy when you've had three seasons of dismal, survival mode rugby. I think personally, the link up will make little difference on the player front - we've been down this road before.

Mine was a genuine post. AMBITION thats why players came to us! and your club has further shown its lack of ambition with this tie up!!! Look at it long term you pleb

Mine was a genuine post. AMBITION thats why players came to us! and your club has further shown its lack of ambition with this tie up!!! Look at it long term you pleb

Ambition thats brilliant.What ambition will they get at your place. Chance of a championship runners up medal.The truth is your paying silly money and its every players AMBITION to get the best deal he can..Truth his youve got your head in the clouds if you do make it you will have to depend on a decent away following. The long term is you PLEB that were more sound on a financial basis than probably all of the championship sides and a few in the famouse super league.You worry about your own club son were alrite.

Ambition = to be in with a chance of winning things? if you want to cover this up with your skit about runners up fill your boots, just makes you look unable to proffer a proper argument!. And do not worry I will look after my own club old lad as will many more of us after comments like this. And you make the point for me, all this has done is dived this LEAGUE further and more of a everyman for themselves attitude.

And why is my head in the clouds, I never said anything about making SL i said ambition and as you quite rightly state that can mean more money, it can mean competing for cups, building the business etc. I would accept that should we ever get to super league we would be to some extent reliant on away support. But business models in sport are changing all the time, we own our ground, so no rent, all corporate income to us not vendors etc etc etc.

So good luck, like I say im disapointed that your club has chosen the easy path, instead of building the business up and affording to pay better wages to keep players.

You enjoy your carrot while it lasts :rolleyes:

Another sad conspiracy theorist.

We are no feeder club but we are going to benefit from Super League's cost cutting exercise.

I presume Featherstone have no intention of recruiting any of the latest surplus of Academy players!

(Why would they when they can simply double the wages of any player they want to buy)

As for not having your head in the clouds, if you think Featherstone are anywhere near a viable financial proposition for Super League you better watch out for that A430 below you.

We are have been in some form of tie up with the Bulls for years and not much has changed player wise. So lets see before we condemn.

Players chase the money and Fev have more than the most at the moment and good luck to them.

As for ambition, if players wanted to win Grand Finals they would all be wanting to sign for Sheffield, but they don't offer as much money as Fev or Halifax, so the "ambitious" players sign for these clubs instead.

As for ambition, if players wanted to win Grand Finals they would all be wanting to sign for Sheffield,

why;s that? they've won 1 we've won 1. they would have received more win bonuses playing for fev.

I'm very much against the partnership with the bulls however I can to a degree understand why mark sawyer and the other chairmen have done this.

On the otherhand I can understand why Fev haven't looked into this, as there chairman has hopes of obtaining SL status and has the cash to sign any lower end SL player or championship player he wishes.

I have watched the game long enough to know that unless Fev do get this promotion that the money they pump into the side will eventually dry up and who knows what will happen then. Maybe they will reach an agreement with Cas!!!

Sorry PSF but the sign of narrow-mindedness is to insult other fans who's views aren't the same as yours. I thought that you were making a reasonable point until this outburst.

at the top of this forum you list a squad of 22 players. if your new partners beg/coerce/insist that 5 of their 8 players are in the 17 on matchday, that will leave 10 of your players without a game. i assume no play no pay. how will that sit. not saying it will happen, but could it.

at the top of this forum you list a squad of 22 players. if your new partners beg/coerce/insist that 5 of their 8 players are in the 17 on matchday, that will leave 10 of your players without a game. i assume no play no pay. how will that sit. not saying it will happen, but could it.

Easy we only have to take who we need.Dont need dont have too have.

I guess it could but 5 would be left out anyway. Some signed after the deal with Bradford so they knew what could happen and I would hope those that signed before were told what could happen. Its not ideal though.

Sorry PSF but the sign of narrow-mindedness is to insult other fans who's views aren't the same as yours. I thought that you were making a reasonable point until this outburst.

To be fair he got my goat with his side swipe at fev. I can assure of this I do not hold my view because fev are not buying into it.

Easy we only have to take who we need.Dont need dont have too have.

ok

What would have been better than some championship clubs linking with SL teams would have been the Chsmpionship clubs sticking together and setting up a league totally unassociated with SL.

claptrap.

Bradford have no say in our squad selection and yet all the knockers keep harping on about players being forced on us.

Ill happily stand corrected if this proves to be true but until such time, i prefer to accept the word of our Chairman and Coach on these matters and not

some bitter and twisted fervent traditionalist.

What would have been better than some championship clubs linking with SL teams would have been the Chsmpionship clubs sticking together and setting up a league totally unassociated with SL.

And then joining BARLA no doubt.

claptrap.

Bradford have no say in our squad selection and yet all the knockers keep harping on about players being forced on us.

Ill happily stand corrected if this proves to be true but until such time, i prefer to accept the word of our Chairman and Coach on these matters and not

But surely, if FC rings GM and says these 8 players are not in my squad for friday night, do you want some of them, if GM thinks that 5 will enhance/improve the Rams squad on Sunday he should be selecting them?

Absolutely, if GM thinks thats best for the team.

The point being that the decision lies with Dewsbury and not with Bradford.

I would also think that the players would need to be of an exceptional standard for Gm to consider simply dropping players into the team bearing in mind

the prep work he will have no doubt done with his squad during the week.

To be fair he got my goat with his side swipe at fev. I can assure of this I do not hold my view because fev are not buying into it.

Mine was also a genuine post PSF, and I am not generally given to having a swipe at fev - I have a soft spot for them and their supporters dating back to the fev v Hull challenge cup game, but if you've read the posts on this topic, you will have noticed that many posters, myself included, are not easy about the situation, so what would you have us do ? picket the chairmans house ? refuse to buy season tickets ? lynch the coach ? The deal is done and we're stuck with it, in common with most other championship supporters. If you are basing your away support on going only to clubs without a SL tie up, that'll be two a season then, but if you are the diehard supporter you appear to be, you'll support the team home and away whatever the circumstances. As for your point about ambition attracting the better players to fev - well if ambition means more money, then yes it does, but it's a fact that Steve Crossley gave mark sawyer the opportunity to keep him at the rams and would of been happy to stay if we could have got anywhere near matching fevs offer. At the end of the day PSF, fev and the fax supporters can take the moral high ground because they have the crowds and therefore the funds to attract players good enough to keep them in the top three or four without the need (at present) to resort to outside help, but if you do get SL, and i genuinely hope you do, you might also get fed up with being on the receiving end of disparaging comments from the smug bugg ars at places like cas and leeds.

quote The long term is you PLEB

Quoting Andrew Mitchell PSF - I'm surprised at you. :O

claptrap.

if you read my post again, i am asking a question. could it happen, yes or no. a simple no would have been sufficient.

Absolutely, if GM thinks thats best for the team.

The point being that the decision lies with Dewsbury and not with Bradford.

I would also think that the players would need to be of an exceptional standard for Gm to consider simply dropping players into the team bearing in mind

the prep work he will have no doubt done with his squad during the week.

I appreciate what you are saying and agree that the decision is GM's. What I am uneasy about is the number allowed being 5. I was happy to accommodate 3 in a matchday squad of 18 as the ones missing out would probably get a chance in the near future but to put it up to 5, I believe, is a step too far. We shall just have to wait and see I suppose.

claptrap.

If Bradford didnt walk away from negotiations with a reasonable expectation that their players would be accomadated in your matchday squads what are they getting from the deal?

Dewsbury get use of players when they want them for negligable cost, use of Bradfords facilities, access to coaching & business best practice. Bradford get next to nothing, the picture being painted is of a fantastically one-sided deal. I sincerely hope its an accurate one but im struggling to see why Bradford would give up so much and apparently ask for so little in return.