See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martyn Sadler

Confronting a troll

28 posts in this topic

A pencil up the bumhole does the trick.

edit: note to self or anyone else attempting flippant remarks, read the article first :(

These trolls really do baffle me. What do they hope to achieve by this? If this lad hadn't have been confronted would he have continued?

I don't think there's much doubt about that. You wonder what else the kid could be capable of.

What he can consider "lucky" is that is was his friend's son. I mean there was no stranger to approach, a stranger who might not give a toss.

I noticed the reference to "conspiracy websites" I love conspiracy theories from an academic viewpoint but they can be quite dangerous, they may have had a serious effect on this young man.

I suppose its up to the guy concerned how he deals with it but I'm not sure he has actually done that.

What if someone else were to start a similar attack on him based on a 'he'll only ask us to shake hands and forget it' attitude?

One of the worst articles ever to appear on the Guardian website, which is saying something.

One of the worst articles ever to appear on the Guardian website, which is saying something.

In terms of what?

In terms of what?

A story filled with holes put out my a self-regarding hack in a way to heap praise upon themselves that is then picked up every other self-regarding hack who believes that trolling only exists below the line.

Not sure about it myself, tbh, it reads like a work of fiction. Certainly some of the appaling things the lad is suppose to have done seem rather far fetched.

Maybe I'm just too cynical.

Not sure about it myself, tbh, it reads like a work of fiction. Certainly some of the appaling things the lad is suppose to have done seem rather far fetched.

Maybe I'm just too cynical.

They certainly seem to extreme to just deal with by saying 'you're better than that, have some counselling'. He says he didn't want to 'criminalise' him but surely he did that by his own actions? What if he keeps doing it but moves on to letterbombs or something?

Assuming this story is as it appears, he should have taken it further.

And would a seventeen year old, capable of such evil doings, really just simply burst into tears when rumbled?

Who knows?

A pencil up the bumhole does the trick.

Perhaps this would have been the best way to deal with the culprit in this case.....inserted sideways

Perhaps this would have been the best way to deal with the culprit in this case.....inserted sideways

Steady on, I suppose you have to draw the line somewhere though...

Can't imagine why you'd want to make a story like that up...

It got their name on an article in the Guardian.

If he were that way inclined surely it would be simpler to just sell an article to the Daily Mail about how latest "research" shows that immigrants cause cancer

If he were that way inclined surely it would be simpler to just sell an article to the Daily Mail about how latest "research" shows that immigrants cause cancer

They have an auto generator for that sort of thing now.

They have an auto generator for that sort of thing now.

Indeed they do...