Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

havenhater

Dallimore

48 posts in this topic

He maybe used town to get himself a better deal with Oldham no one knows

oldest trick in the sporting book

Sadly I have to say you are right. The longer this went on the more people were saying he was using us. It became pretty obvious that he wasn't going to sign for Town and he has probably done the right thing staying at Oldham. Right from the outset he said travelling was bit much so that should have been the end of it from our part.

I would be trying to get jpb and Callum Phillips and let them alternate with playing with lupton next year, then forge there own partnership for the future.

Aye a couple of top amateurs and a name half would be nice to go with Lupton to give us our halves quota with , as I say , Forber as cover .With Luptons injury problems and amateurs coming into this level , however good , you'd want good depth .

' As long as there was a decent offer on the table I was always going to stay at Oldham . All I wanted from the start was the right deal ' . Dallimore today .

I can understand that some of you may be disappointed that Dally hasn't signed for you guys but I think some of the comments aimed at him are a bit harsh . As far as I am aware he did not ask Workington to make him an offer but when they did he gave it serious consideration but was honest enough from the outset to make it clear that the travelling was always going to be a problem ...Jamie is not the first player who has had to deal with this dilemma and he won't be the last . At the time he had not had an offer from Oldham so he would have been foolish to just turn down the offer from yourselves .He only received an offer from Oldham yesterday and he has decided to stay ... and I am delighted he has as I really rate him .If you read his reasons for staying on the Oldham website , money was not the only factor in his decision to stay so to suggest he was using you as a bargaining tool is simply not on .It looks like he has turned his back on better offers and stayed simply because personal happiness and loyalty matter to him .. and he also has a job locally to consider . Money is obviously important but in Jamie's case its not everything .So perhaps he should be applauded for his decision rather than having a go at him . I wish more players had a similar outlook to him rather than the mercenary attitude that some adopt .

In any event we need him more than you do !

Wish you all the best for next season.

As I said earlier, as soon as he mentioned the travelling was not to his liking many fans were saying that he didn't sound too committed. Better this way than him sign for Town and then get sick of travelling half-way through the season. Onwards and upwards.

My point was that Annakin, Peterson, Walne etc had the commitment to travel and got the reward for it rather than take the easy option

My point was that Annakin, Peterson, Walne etc had the commitment to travel and got the reward for it rather than take the easy option

Difference being they are three young lads from super league clubs who were probably full time and had ambitions of playing super league. Dallimore is part time has a job and being realistic is never going to be a super league player so you cant compare there situations

Very harsh on him gt, the lad has a job to go to an needs to take that into account. He had a decision to make, not just a rugby decision.

Just to set the record straight with Dally, a lot of the true situation has already been posted by ruffyed. Town have been after Jamie for most of the season. At the back end of the season, Barrow and Haven joined the fray. He was invited up to the play off derby, but didn't attend. Worky at that stage had put an offer on the table that was a full financial one. Barrow and Haven had expressed nothing more than an interest. Before the end of the season , his Dad was already asking Hamilton to put an offer on the table. Hamilton took ages to do this. All Jamie wanted to do next season was play for Oldham, largely because he loves the club and the set up. He never used workington as a lever to get a better deal with the Roughyeds. Travel did play a factor in his decision to remain to with us.

Its ok mate, the majority of us understand his decision, at the level he is playing at he has to take into consideration a lot more than just the rugby. good luck to him, though it is now inevitable that Town will play Oldham in the cup next season. Then we will boo him.................... :D

Maybe cut Coyle loose and use that money to go for him . I know that wont happen !

Well he would have Jamie Acton to keep him company on the journey now!!!

You made a bad bad decision young Dalli . Acton is thriving here in a hugely competitive and fascinating league .