Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

THE NEXT BIG RUGBY LEAGUE THING after this weekend and the SL GF

79 posts in this topic

have you noticed, nobody darns socks anymore. they just throw them away and buy a new pair.

I buy 3 pairs the same then when 1 gets a hole, the other becomes a 'spare' :)

I buy 3 pairs the same then when 1 gets a hole, the other becomes a 'spare' :)

are you talking about socks or your avatar

Poor old Carl Dooler

self serving? self pitying? narrow minded? parochial? maunjy? Never in this world. Well ssaid everybody apart from the odd poor naive fool, who probably knows nowr about this once great game of ours anyway.

the diaspora of rugby league, which whether or not people approve, is growing-comes together.

The best rugby players in the world of any kind of rugby take part.

no wonder international rugby union and its world cup is light years ahead of rugby league's

I blame the powers that be.

Chris.You started this thread asking for people's opinions. They have given it.You have used this forum long enough to judge most people's likely response to that question. If you are going to be 'irked' by their resplies why on earth would you prompt the response in the first place?? You have levelled the acusation of parochialism, morngyness, small mindedness, self pitying amongst other descriptors you apply to people who (rightly or wrongly) have a differing point of view or do not buy into the concept of superleague or it's associated operations e.g - tri nations/the world cup.This is a repeated theme that has been played out so much over the years. Now, you have a right to post exactly how you wish and I wouldn't ever advocate otherwise. But I just can't understand your motive here. Maybe there isn't one.

have you noticed, nobody darns socks anymore. they just throw them away and buy a new pair.

can you still buy carbolic soap??

You have levelled the acusation of parochialism, morngyness, small mindedness, self pitying amongst other descriptors you apply to people who (rightly or wrongly) have a differing point of view or do not buy into the concept of superleague or it's associated operations e.g - tri nations/the world cup.

The World Cup and the Super League are completely separate organisations.

They maybe Tom. I'm talking about how the game is viewed by some people, people's disenchantment with how the game is being run, people feeling disenfranchised by the sport and apathy towrds SL, the national team and the world cup because of it.

Whether they are right or wrong to feel that way is of course down to interpretation, opinion and emotion.

If you will enjoy it and buy into it as a competition, brilliant. Do so.

There are those who prefer to abstain or actively refrain. Again, their decision. Fair do's.

can you still buy carbolic soap??

judging by the man sat next to me at warrington, yes.

I remember as a kid, me man n dad had certain checks for cleanliness.

Viz:-

That my entire body was bright red after getting out of the bath. (That's red not pink)!

That my hair was gone through with what felt like an instrument of torture

That I was washed with carbolic, including my eyes thus rendering me blind for several hours.

If ever I smelt it now I would kind of leg it in the opposite direction!

I remember as a kid, me man n dad had certain checks for cleanliness.

Viz:-

That my entire body was bright red after getting out of the bath. (That's red not pink)!

That my hair was gone through with what felt like an instrument of torture

That I was washed with carbolic, including my eyes thus rendering me blind for several hours.

If ever I smelt it now I would kind of leg it in the opposite direction!

and it never did you any harm :rolleyes:

The problem with the game now its us v them until the game is run with a fair system and seen to be managed by people who know what they are doing, people are not going to support the wider game like they used to do before the days of pooper scooper

Chris.You started this thread asking for people's opinions. They have given it.You have used this forum long enough to judge most people's likely response to that question. If you are going to be 'irked' by their resplies why on earth would you prompt the response in the first place?? You have levelled the acusation of parochialism, morngyness, small mindedness, self pitying amongst other descriptors you apply to people who (rightly or wrongly) have a differing point of view or do not buy into the concept of superleague or it's associated operations e.g - tri nations/the world cup.This is a repeated theme that has been played out so much over the years. Now, you have a right to post exactly how you wish and I wouldn't ever advocate otherwise. But I just can't understand your motive here. Maybe there isn't one.

No i didn't. I asked what peoples' plans were

some people actually do have plans and said what they where,

I wasn't 'irked'. Do you think the people on here have the ability to 'irk' me? I mean we are talking about the likes of Lowfield and Old Rover here. Cheers.

I just posted what I had concluded from reading the replies, or a reinforcement of a conclusion I'd come to a while ago.

Everyone does things for a reason-see first sentence of this post.

The problem with the game now its us v them until the game is run with a fair system and seen to be managed by people who know what they are doing, people are not going to support the wider game like they used to do before the days of pooper scooper

the system is fair

'pooper scooper' is that really the level you are at? How old are you?

I suggest you check the attendances for international rugby league in the UK pre Super League. They are patchy to say the least

the system is fair

I suggest you check the attendances for international rugby league in the UK pre Super League. They are patchy to say the least

Been watching the game for 50 years so old enough to know when the game we all love is in a mess Ive never known it so "patchy" as it is at the moment ..

Been watching the game for 50 years so old enough to know when the game we all love is in a mess Ive never known it so "patchy" as it is at the moment ..

then I suggest you check

watching the game for 50 years and you come out with 'pooper scooper'

The World Cup and the Super League are completely separate organisations.

Who is on the board of the RLIF, RLEF, RFL and SL? One Nigel Wood! Sl and RFL and RLEF are all run by the same group of people. RLIF is run by the Aussies who do everything to help them not the game. The Kiwis and RFL just nod their head

the system is fair

Come now Chris you telling us the way SL and the RFL handled the licences, The fiascos at Bradford and Crusaders and the running of the game at Championship and SL level is fair? Sorry but I dont know anybody and that includes fans from both the Championship and SL as well as people who have been involved with SL clubs that say the RFL are doing things fairly or are even doing a decent job. Nobody expects them to get everything right but the way the RFL and SL as well as the RLEF and RLIF operate is a joke and unfair in many ways

I was up and ready to bring around 20-30 people across to London many new to the game and certainly never seen a Pro level game. But after the past 2 years or so of people involved with the RLF and personally the way people of the RLEF have treated me and others, I sadly cant be bothered wasting my time and money in organizing such a trip. Like many fans I will support and put my money behind my club but not anything to help the RFL or RLIF in going to their events. The game is run at many levels who only care about themselves and treat many people like ###### or refuse to help them because it doesnt fit their agenda. Why should myself and others further fund these clowns to throw money away and treat people so badly and so unfairly? The RFL have no interest in us Championship clubs and fans so why should we have any interest in them?

My plan like many others will be watch on the television/Computer but thats it

No i didn't. I asked what peoples' plans were

some people actually do have plans and said what they where,

I wasn't 'irked'. Do you think the people on here have the ability to 'irk' me? I mean we are talking about the likes of Lowfield and Old Rover here. Cheers.

I just posted what I had concluded from reading the replies, or a reinforcement of a conclusion I'd come to a while ago.

Everyone does things for a reason-see first sentence of this post.

###### in a swimming pool remark sure as hellll irkd you

I mean we are talking about the likes of Lowfield and Old Rover here. Cheers.

Derogatory comment at best. To follow it up by asking how old someone is, is double standards of the highest degree.

You try to come across as so much better than everyone on here but really all you do is remind people of something they almost stepped in, and you wonder why people don't like you on here! Pathetic.

the system is fair

If i may suggest you are ruining the memory of the great carl Dooler for many people, you have made 35,000 post and most of those are arguing with people over trivia, antagonising people, ruining threads with crazy ramblings and people are now associating that rubbish with Carl Dooler a tragedy if you ask me. maybe best to remove the picture and either leave it blank, put one on of yourself or better still co-co the clown

then I suggest you check

watching the game for 50 years and you come out with 'pooper scooper'

should this be edited for text speak, and rude text speak at that. unless it's that place i got my settee from.

I would like to place on recored my deep, heart felt and sincere apologies to co-co the clown

If i may suggest you are ruining the memory of the great carl Dooler for many people, you have made 35,000 post and most of those are arguing with people over trivia, antagonising people, ruining threads with crazy ramblings and people are now associating that rubbish with Carl Dooler a tragedy if you ask me. maybe best to remove the picture and either leave it blank, put one on of yourself or better still co-co the clown

calm down lowfield, it's only an avatar. when i read his posts i'm more inclined to think jim hunt than carl dooler.

calm down lowfield, it's only an avatar. when i read his posts i'm more inclined to think jim hunt than carl dooler.

karl Pratt :D

I was thinking more of the Australian 2nd rower Danny Shittu