Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sir HaRoLd FaCey

Choke

77 posts in this topic

Thats the spirit Gaz, at least someone has a sense of humour. Im sure fev will batter us next season and have plenty of time to gloat. With Ellis added to an already strong squad I think you will win the double next season.

Im glad someone thinks that but im sure us fev fans have our feet firmly planted at the moment after our 2 finals this year. Good luck to you guys too 4 next year and its a shame about barlow would of loved to get him here but was'nt to be and i see him as a big loss to our league never mind your team.

That is a serious topic, do you think you do choke on big occasions or is it just bad luck? I'm sure it must be starting to prey on the minds of players who have been with the club a while.

Yes we choke no doubt about that but in the NRC we lost ellis and today why did we play briggs at loose forward and not matty? Briggs should be at 6 for me but i dare not question the king DP because he as done amazing for us since he came i just wonder his selections sometimes but if we had won then it would of been a master stroke i guess :lol:

Yes we choke no doubt about that but in the NRC we lost ellis and today why did we play briggs at loose forward and not matty? Briggs should be at 6 for me but i dare not question the king DP because he as done amazing for us since he came i just wonder his selections sometimes but if we ?had won then it would of been a master stroke i guess :lol:

The key to our NRC victory was that Manning had Kain in his pocket. Briggs hasn't been the same player since going to Bradford, they are good at ruining players. Hepworth was a bad miss for you that day aswell.'

The key to our NRC victory was that Manning had Kain in his pocket. Briggs hasn't been the same player since going to Bradford, they are good at ruining players. Hepworth was a bad miss for you that day aswell.'

Spot on with your post. Also manning must be one of our biggest losses ever i mean ok we lost newlove etc but we got decent money for them but manning went for nothing and hes been the best forward in our league for me this year.

no arguments from me. Sheffield have the game to beat us and they played very well today.a couple of things do worry me. firstly, other teams never used to finish the game fitter than us, they do now, even big lads like howison, stringer and higgins. secondly, we only seem to have one gameplan and seem unable to adapt to whoever we are playing. just my opinoin , and once again, well done eagles.

That second try of the Eagles was a joy to behold. No one, even in SL could have prevented that one.Our below par performance was not just on the day. IMO, it has been creeping up on us for the past few weeks.Key players have not been playing to their potential.

I think DP should concentrate upon securing forwards. We were outgunned down the middle of the park and had no answer to Stringer and Co. First half, must have had 70% of possession and field position but seemed at a loss when the line appeared. They defended very well and kept our key men very quiet. We will have to adapt to a different tactic as I believe that opposition teams have now worked out how to put us on the back foot.

Very disappointing once again. Is that three finals and one trophy?. Not good enough IMO for a team of our stature.

That second try of the Eagles was a joy to behold. No one, even in SL could have prevented that one.Our below par performance was not just on the day. IMO, it has been creeping up on us for the past few weeks.Key players have not been playing to their potential.

I think DP should concentrate upon securing forwards. We were outgunned down the middle of the park and had no answer to Stringer and Co. First half, must have had 70% of possession and field position but seemed at a loss when the line appeared. They defended very well and kept our key men very quiet. We will have to adapt to a different tactic as I believe that opposition teams have now worked out how to put us on the back foot.

Very disappointing once again. Is that three finals and one trophy?. Not good enough IMO for a team of our stature.

Great post bob you have sumed it up perfectly

Spot on with your post. Also manning must be one of our biggest losses ever i mean ok we lost newlove etc but we got decent money for them but manning went for nothing and hes been the best forward in our league for me this year.

When manning was at fev did he look poor? I just wonder cos he was our best player last year easily and I just wondered why fev let him go?

When manning was at fev did he look poor? I just wonder cos he was our best player last year easily and I just wondered why fev let him go?

I would'nt say poor he just did'nt stand out in our pack at the time. But im sure DP is scratching his head like us fev fans why we let him go.

Fev.....best side in the Division....once again,

The play-offs lie, bless Sheffield Eagles....scary - don't think so.

How many fans did they take, 340 ?

mark aston is a blob.

mark aston is a blob.

34 more like :lol:

how come jon greyshon cant get in, was he injured?

how come jon greyshon cant get in, was he injured?

Not good enough i guess because he was'nt injured. But IMO i would have played him today but im not DP the king :lol: But dont get me on team selection because today i thought the king DP dropped a clanger

Just goes to show that supporters don't win matches. Big turnouts for Barrow and Featherstone but both lost to better teams.

Personally I wanted Sheffield to win but I was impressed by the way in which your fans accepted that the Eagles were better on the day.

We have both had ###### days but for both of us things will get better.

You have a new admirer in me.

Featherstone where beaten by a very good side. Sheffield have hit form at the right time which included hammering Halifax two weeks ago.

The second Sheffield try was the try of the season.

The winner today was Championship rugby.

...but according to Mr. Powell at half-time "we let in 2 soft tries". Does that guy ever give the other team any credit? Arrogant or what.

...but according to Mr. Powell at half-time "we let in 2 soft tries". Does that guy ever give the other team any credit? Arrogant or what.

1st try was soft but the 2nd was the best try of the season for me and well deserved.But your comment of DP is wrong if him or KH said them trys were unstoppable or we could'nt cope etc what would you think of our or your coach after saying that?

Hows that arrogant? we failed to wrap up Yere with 3 different tacklers and their second one, the defender fell off.... soft tries.

mark aston is a blob.

Yet a successful blob. :)

Dearie me today. :dry:

Yes we choke no doubt about that but in the NRC we lost ellis and today why did we play briggs at loose forward and not matty? Briggs should be at 6 for me but i dare not question the king DP because he as done amazing for us since he came i just wonder his selections sometimes but if we had won then it would of been a master stroke i guess :lol:

Briggs at loose forward????? If you study the game closely you will notice that we play without a loose forward, but with two stand-offs, one down the right and the other down the left. Kain only plays down the right, even when Matty Dale is at 13. Trouble is that Briggs can only play down the right too, and has been totally out of sorts down the left because he can only step off his right foot, and stepping inside is his speciality, especially near the line. The main reason we lost was that both our stand-offs misfired, and although Heppy looked good there when he came on, he had to finish the game at full-back. Andy Kain was the player of the season until Ellis went back to Wakefield, but since then having to put short spells in at hooker seems to have affected his stand-off (or pivot) play.

I have faith in Daryl to get his three talented stand-offs playing their best next season.

we didn't choke we were just not good enough...last year we bust teams up down the middle with the like of tonka and a second hooker in kirk netherton...this year we haven't had that...i dont want to take the glory away from sheffield and halifax...but if we had had a blockbusting tackle breaking prop to compliment stu n engy and were able to keep hold of andy ellis...there would be 2 more trophies in the cabinet.

1st try was soft but the 2nd was the best try of the season for me and well deserved.But your comment of DP is wrong if him or KH said them trys were unstoppable or we could'nt cope etc what would you think of our or your coach after saying that?

The second was from 2 forward passess that Roby missed because he was that concerned at getting to the try line he had his back completely to play.

Much as don't care for the guy, Aston yet again gave his players a game plan designed to nullify and beat us, his players to there credit stuck to it. Our problem was we had no plan B.

Well done Sheffield and roll on next season.