Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Phantom Horseman

Don't look back in anger

53 posts in this topic

Why would winning yesterday be bigger than winning the league leaders shield , if it was for promotion to super league then it would ,but it doesn,t,

Because like it or not thats what is more recognised by the rfl when they look at sucess on the field.

Because like it or not thats what is more recognised by the rfl when they look at sucess on the field.

who gives a to@@ what the rl think ,weve proved were the top most consistant team outside of super league,a babboon can see that .

Dydo.

Ask the players, the media, the rfl, the cubs bod, our opposition, our bank managers etc etc which is the most important.

Don't get me wrong,I'm not in agreement with the format but we all know the crack. It's all about the grand final. If it was all about the league shield fev wouldn't have won it 3 years on the bounce

how can you say that we finished top on merit

Dydo.

Ask the players, the media, the rfl, the cubs bod, our opposition, our bank managers etc etc which is the most important.

If we tossed it off through the season an just won a couple of days out ,im sure the difference in home attendance reciepts wouldnt impress our bank manager ,or the fans who watch week in week out.

Winning a grand final would mean we would have had to have at least finished in the top six so one would have thought 'tossing it off' was a non-starter???

Like I said, - not that anyone should take any notice of my ramblings at all, BUT - ask the players, coach or chairman which they think is BY FAR the most important?

I know the answer to that question by the way!!!! :(

Winning a grand final would mean we would have had to have at least finished in the top six so one would have thought 'tossing it off' was a non-starter???

Like I said, - not that anyone should take any notice of my ramblings at all, BUT - ask the players, coach or chairman which they think is BY FAR the most important?

I know the answer to that question by the way!!!! :(

whoope doo I CAN WRITE IN CAPITALS TOO , SHOUTING INT IT

emphasis Dydo, emphasis! :wink:

I don't shout.

how can you say that we finished top on merit

Ah ! The importance of punctuation.

The exact opposite of ...

"How can you say that ? We finished top on merit."

emphasis Dydo, emphasis! ;)

I don't shout.

ha ha , I heard a few thousand shouting champions before the game yesterday ,they know the true meaning of the word ,not the rfl , footballs the biggest sport in this country an they know the true meaning,and criteria for champions ,an it isn,t some lottery at the end of a hard season ,the bent formats to blame, not our differing thoughts on the matter.

Jesus H griff, haven't you got any number to add up?

Dydo and me may see things slightly differently. Doesn't need thee sticking thi neb in in that tedious irritating way! Bug ger off!

who gives a to@@ what the rl think ,weve proved were the top most consistant team outside of super league,a babboon can see that .

Are you kidding me?

The champions are determined by the winners of the Grand Final, were not champions because we got the minor premiership.

Are you kidding me?

The champions are determined by the winners of the Grand Final, were not champions because we got the minor premiership.

Kidding you ! ,no theres only the pathetic excuse for a system that virtually says a seasons worth of rugby doesnt account for owt ,but winning a few games in a row gets you the name champions thats KIDDING you . thiis season wed have qualified for this p pot of a play off system even if wed have only won 9 of our 18 games .end of my rant im going green :rolleyes:

Ah ! The importance of punctuation.

The exact opposite of ...

"How can you say that ? We finished top on merit."

if i wanted my post marking i would of took it to school

Kidding you ! ,no theres only the pathetic excuse for a system that virtually says a seasons worth of rugby doesnt account for owt ,but winning a few games in a row gets you the name champions thats KIDDING you . thiis season wed have qualified for this p pot of a play off system even if wed have only won 9 of our 18 games .end of my rant im going green :rolleyes:

The play off system appears very popular with SkY, THE RFL and the clubs tho Dydo.

I agree with you here. There is more emphasis put on the playoffs compared with a full seasons graft to get to, and stay top. Up until last year there wasn't even any prize money for the league leaders title - all the emphasis (word of the day) is now on the GF. Perhaps not as we would like it, but others do. That's how the competition is configured and we've failed to win it. Gutted, morngy and in a proper strop!

I look forward to the FIFA World League starting then.

I look forward to the FIFA World League starting then.

7000 plus posts and thats all youve got ,a bit of sarcasm

7000 posts and thats all youve got yawn

Fair enough.

If you think were on the only sport (or governing body) to use the play offs to determine the winners of a league, then take a look around.

Nearest to us is the RFU, they use the play off system to determine who the Champions are in the Premiership.

Similarly, sports such as British basketball & netball also use a play off system.

If we go further afield, sports such as American Football, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball & RL in Aus use the play off system to find a winner.

So its not just these crazy guys at the RFL who invented it to ###### you off, its a legitimate way of determining a champion.

Fair enough.

If you think were on the only sport (or governing body) to use the play offs to determine the winners of a league, then take a look around.

Nearest to us is the RFU, they use the play off system to determine who the Champions are in the Premiership.

Similarly, sports such as British basketball & netball also use a play off system.

If we go further afield, sports such as American Football, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball & RL in Aus use the play off system to find a winner.

So its not just these crazy guys at the RFL who invented it to ###### you off, its a legitimate way of determining a champion.

Jesus im falling asleep just looking at that list of so-called sports

Jesus im falling asleep just looking at that list of so-called sports

Idiot.

Idiot.

call me that to my face

laughing.gif

wonder if youl get a warning for calling someone an idiot on the forum ,doubt it bet ur one of the kiss ass brigade

better thn that Dydo..... Matt's a moderator!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He disagrees with you! Doesn't make him a kiss ass does it? Just makes him a lad with a different opinion to you? Why the angst?

wonder if youl get a warning for calling someone an idiot on the forum ,doubt it bet ur one of the kiss ass brigade

If you don't wanna get called an idiot, then dont be an idiot.