Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

usain bolt

england 24 man squad for autumn series

72 posts in this topic

Apparantly Luke Burgess has been called up!

Good! He should have been in the squad initially in place of Morley.

England have drafted South Sydney Rabbitohs prop Luke Burgess into their squad for the 2012 Autumn International Series against France and Wales. Burgess, the former Leeds Rhinos forward, has been called up following the 12 match suspension imposed by the Australian Rugby League Commission on Canterbury Bulldogs prop James Graham for a biting offence in last Saturday's NRL Grand Final.

Graham's ban includes up to three matches in the forthcoming Autumn International Series. Burgess, who earns his first-ever senior call-up, will join the rest of the squad on Wednesday October 10 at the team's training base in Potchefstroom, South Africa before travelling back to the United Kingdom for the Autumn International Series.

England's opening match in the Autumn International Series will see them face Wales at the Glyndwr University Racecourse Ground in Wrexham on Saturday October 27 (2.30pm). Their first 'home' fixture takes place a week later, Saturday November 3, at MS3 Craven Park in Hull when England host France in a match which also kicks off at 2.30pm. The Autumn International Series concludes with the final at Salford City Stadium on Sunday November 11 (5.00pm).

Tickets for the 2012 Autumn International Series can be purchased by calling the RFL Ticket Office on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk

-ends-

Danny Reuben

England RL Media Manager

Reward for a good season. Picking players on form, eh? It'll never catch on...

I always thought he was under-used at Leeds. Good luck to him!

I appreciate it's petty and churlish of me, but Sam was pretty much man of the match in the biggest club game he played - the 2010 GF, and none too shabby at Wembley and in all the rounds leading up to those finals. Iirc he had a shocker for England in the 4Ns final and made some mistakes in the semi this year (then going onto do some good things). In case this myth becomes accepted wisdom...

Anyone know when they announce the Knights squad?

I'm looking to go to the game in Edinburgh and am interested to know how strong the team will be.

It seems it's the Australian rugby union player! McNamara will pick anyone, won't he?

A4b6E-ACIAAGOGZ.jpg

Wonder what Danny Houghton has to do to get some recognition?

9 mike mcilorum - obviously going for aggression rather than skill !

"OMEGA"

5. Tom Briscoe Beat off strong competition from Josh Charnley, a 90metre tackle busting try against a tiring Widnes in round 7 of the SL season has 14,000 experts marking him down as England's Greg Inglis

Don't forget when he burst through the centre of Leeds defence and scored from 60 + yards or the other great trys he's scored this season :P

Have you got a sheep skin noseband to go with those blinkers? ;)

Don't forget when he burst through the centre of Leeds defence and scored from 60 + yards or the other great trys he's scored this season :P

Burst, lol, like a bag this morning :P

Have an England fans forgiven Chase for what he did to Ropati? I don't think Issac Luke or Rangi Chase should ever be allowed to be Internationals due to their reckless endangerment of other players.

[media=]

[/media]

Sam Burgess, Ben Westwood & Ryan Atkins have withdrawn, it will be interesting to se who gets called up to replace them.

Sam Burgess, Ben Westwood & Ryan Atkins have withdrawn, it will be interesting to se who gets called up to replace them.

Replacements are Liam Farrell, Ben Harrison and Stefan Ratchford

suggested team from the selected squad

1 sam tomkins

2 tom briscoe

3 kalum watkins

4 ryan atkins

5 ryan hall

6 kevin sinfield

7 richie myler

8 chris hill

9 mike mcilorum

10 sam burgess

11 ben westwood

12 gareth ellis

13 sean oloughlin

14 rob burrow

15 gareth hock

16 james graham/ adrian morley if graham banned

17 lee mossop

think this is a decent enough side, especially against france/wales. austalia and new zealand a different story?

thoughts?

1 sam tomkins

2 tom briscoe

3 kalum watkins

4 ryan atkins stefan ratchford

5 ryan hall

6 kevin sinfield

7 richie myler

8 chris hill

9 mike mcilorum

10 sam burgess luke burgess

11 ben westwood gareth hock

12 gareth ellis

13 sean oloughlin

14 rob burrow

15 gareth hock liam farrell

16 james graham/ adrian morley if graham banned

17 lee mossop

my suggested team for the up coming tests v france and wales. still a decent side, with the withdrawels, however having saw the oz and nz sides for their up coming tests, even with their withdrawels, they look far stronger.

a positive for me though is good game time, maybe, and an exposure to international rugby league for some of our younger players who no doubt would probably not have had a sniff if every one was available who mcnamara would have wanted.

I still don't rate Myler all that highly and don't get why Lomax isn't in the squad.

I still don't rate Myler all that highly and don't get why Lomax isn't in the squad.

Myler has improved season on season at Warrington, latter part of the year he's been creating and his defence has vastly improved.

Myler deserves his chance - IMO

we could have the best bunch of players in the land all fit and well and raring to go but without a coach we will get battered(by the aussies and NZ) end of, no point going on about who should or shouldn't play.

we could have the best bunch of players in the land all fit and well and raring to go but without a coach we will get battered(by the aussies and NZ) end of, no point going on about who should or shouldn't play.

who should be coach? i cannot see that many coaches putting their hand up to do it.

Myler has improved season on season at Warrington, latter part of the year he's been creating and his defence has vastly improved.

Myler deserves his chance - IMO

He's rubbish. You should loan him to Huddersfield.