Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

06/10/12 - SL Grand Final: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves

Who will win?   39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

296 posts in this topic

Special? They effectively ripped off their own fans picking and choosing the games they bother to play well in!

im going to shoot in the dark but i suspect, just suspect that their fans are not going to give a toss

Bitterly disappointed but there we go. I guess it's true what they say about form being temporary and class being permanent, and while Leeds' form hasn't always been that great this year their class is clearly beyond doubt.

Congratulations to them yet again.

Back to back titles from 5th. True champions

Being 5th now means nothing at all though. I think Saints should try winning it from 8th next season. We've wasted too much time and effort trying to get up the league table. We need a different tactic, clearly.

Leeds have made a mockery of the whole league system. They play ###### all year and then decide to play up in the play offs and GF. Something needs to be done to change it as why on earth are we bothering having a season? What a joke.

yeah the dastardly plan of catalans and wigan away, then warrington on the final! the swines! suck it up

Leeds have made a mockery of the whole league system. They play ###### all year and then decide to play up in the play offs and GF. Something needs to be done to change it as why on earth are we bothering having a season? What a joke.

I agree, but I don't blame Leeds and take nothing away from them, they are the best under the system we have in place. Like it or not, the current playoff system means that there is minimal advantage from finishing high in the league, compared to the old one. Anyway, avoiding negativity, I thought it was an excellent GF and Leeds deserved to win it on the day.

Being 5th now means nothing at all though. I think Saints should try winning it from 8th next season. We've wasted too much time and effort trying to get up the league table. We need a different tactic, clearly.

yeah like not choking in finals. thatll be a good start

All about balance, win enough games to be in the play offs, peak at the right time, reach the final.

Can only dream of that.

Great game, 2 great teams, great advert.

Stop the bitterness.

From a Wire fan who couldn't be there....

Fantastic evening of sport. I thought the pre match minute of applause was spot on. The atmosphere looked tremendous and came over wonderfully on the television.

Leeds had their game plan spot on and strangled the life out of the Wire attack. A fantastic, close game which until the last Leeds try could have gone either way. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Off to commiserate with myself with a gallon of rose wine.

Enjoy the party Loiners, you deserved it.

And I forgot to say, a great game from Richard Silverwood. Good on him.

Brilliant match.

To those who'd do away with this way of deciding the title just watch it again and realise what we'd all be losing.

Going to Catalans and then Wigan away in 2 weeks, beating both then beating a really good Wire team in the final. For me, no other team apart from this Leeds team could do that. Thats not a joke its just class from a world class team. thought Sinfield and Delaney were quality tonight.

No wonder we dont get any media coverage with Rugby League fans like they are, there has just been 80 minutes of awesome rugby League in front of 70,000 people and we still get people moaning about it.

Just enjoy it ffs!!!

well done leeds were the better team. great game to be at and watch, great atmosphere as well. still think the system needs changing over the course of the season leeds didnt deserve it but ohh well.

on the dowside a handful of leeds fans spoiled the night by kicking off with every wire fan dont see why they couldnt get q ticket in the own end

Heartfelt commiserations to all the Warrington fans that post on here,your team were superb tonight,as they have been all season.

As usual some of the other posters can't or won't give Leeds the credit they deserve.To those that have,thank you.

Simply brilliant game. Loved every minute of it and thought Leeds were nothing short of immense.

Chuffed for terywebbisgod and even more pleased that pmjwires has nothing to shout about

Brilliant match.

To those who'd do away with this way of deciding the title just watch it again and realise what we'd all be losing.

Exact.

Awesome Grand Final. This is the reason to have the whole season come down to one match.

Yes,Leeds deliberately throw games so they can finish 5th.Pathetic.

Simply brilliant game. Loved every minute of it and thought Leeds were nothing short of immense.

+1

Great game and well done to Leeds who were definitely the better team. A great advert for RL, the physicality and speed if the game surprised me.

only one comment..."what a great final"

Clubs have to treat the Super League like soccer clubs treat the Premiership. The soccer teams use the Premiership as a means to play European Comps. You don't need to finish top to be in the European Champions League. Same goes for Super League. My team finish top of the Championship and got beat last week by Sheffield. That's what it's all about. Good luck to Sheffield and good luck to Leeds.

Having said all that, I thought given the amount of help they had from Silverwood, Wire should have won.

Great game, with the right result in the end. Leeds might not be the most talented side in the competition but there is no doubt that they are the strongest mentally, they don't panic and make good decisions.

Overall, I'm not so bothered that Leeds won - but I'm extremely pleased that Warrington didn't !!