Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Well Done Brett

36 posts in this topic

Well done Brett Carter on your selection in the 30 man Scotland squad for their Alitalia European Cup matches against Ireland and England Knights later this month.

Well done Brett. Will they be televised?

No, I don't think so. BBC are covering the Tri-Nations tournament between France, Wales and England.

Well done Brett , the full back spot should be yours . See that young Hull KR winger Dave Scott is in again . Seen him play Ireland last time out and he was rapid down the flank and kicked goals. If we're still getting something out of this link up he'd be a good target.

Good to see, great for Brett. Could be a good day out for us Townie`s, go support Brett then hit the Edinburgh drinking establishments. I remember going to Gateshead to watch Holgate play for England, absolutely ###### down.

Boroughmuir RFC 14 & 28 Oct . Ground is called Meggetland . 2pm ko

As a random Scottish tale I remember going to Galashiels when we played there. Funny enough I remember little about getting back due to Tennents Super or whatever the rocket fuel was they forced on me!!

Well done Brett it'll be 'nice to see you' in an international shirt, I'm sure you'll have a 'good game'.

As a random Scottish tale I remember going to Galashiels when we played there. Funny enough I remember little about getting back due to Tennents Super or whatever the rocket fuel was they forced on me!!

Like yourself I remember very little about the return journey that day. It was a friendly game against HKR before the start of the 94-95 season which we won easily. We took about 10 coach loads that day and most of them didn't come out of the beer tent to watch the game........happy days :)

Well done Brett it'll be 'nice to see you' in an international shirt, I'm sure you'll have a 'good game'.

bretts tweeting about your bruce forsyth style post there geordie townie lol lol

Hope he has a ' good game ...good game '...indeed !! Maybe see a few light footed dance moves if he wins ! He's so good he could play in a dinner suit like the Brucemeister !

Fondue Set ... Cuddly Toy ... Brett Carter . I'm having childhood flashbacks to Isla St Clair . Oooooh...

Like yourself I remember very little about the return journey that day. It was a friendly game against HKR before the start of the 94-95 season which we won easily. We took about 10 coach loads that day and most of them didn't come out of the beer tent to watch the game........happy days :)

Galashiels didn't know what hit them that day as HKR took quite a few busloads up as well. Imagine 10 bus loads from Town for a friendly match that's more than we got for last seasons play-off final!!!!!! I was on one of the Waverley Hotel buses that day and they could have done with doubling the size of the beer tent.

Wasn't that the first pro game of Rugby League in Scotland?? It was a great day out though, who knows maybe we can beat HKR again in the not too distant future!?!

Forgot to congratulate Brett in my first post. Well done mate very well deserved!!

Ideally we should be having regular preseason friendlies as part of our link up , with them playing some promising youngsters for us to eye up . We may need more help next year from them , with all these other championship clubs getting bags of dual reg off they're link ups ( Swinton - 6/7 off Warrington etc ). We may need they're player assistance to stay with the field . I know about dualreg pitfalls but I'm afraid every other team is gonna inject themselves big on it and its gonna influence the league hugely . The lads from this year are obvious targets , but we need to keep our bridges with Rovers to .

Well done brett and hopefully we get to see you in a Scotland shirt on our home pitch next year.

Well done Brett.... you deserve your selection!!!!

Another formal link up just announced . Bradfords players not in their squad , and over 19 , to be available for Dewsbury . A real can of worms has been opened here following these academy changes . It's had big consequences.