Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burke

New man at Cas

108 posts in this topic

I

Parky, you didn't mention London in your "continue to struggle" comment - why not?

It's not a struggle when your chairman is rich and you please the RFL by your presence in SL.

Which, given that it's the close season, might not happen - I've always had the sneaky feeling that the reason Bradford have been allowed to carry on is that they had the sense to implode in the summer!

You may be right who knows exactly?

But for me I'm guessing that the RFL/SLE are looking at the size, shape and resourcing of superleague.

If a club is seen as vital for the competition they may get assistance. The chairman of the RFL arguing long and hard for the re-inclusion of London is what i call mega-assistance, as is the purchase of Bradfords ground by the RFL and SLE offering to buy the club. That's also what I call mega-assistance.

Would the incoming chairman put his neck on the line to argue Hull.K.R. should remain in SL if they went pop? Would the RFL buy Wheldon Road and SLE buy the club if Castleford went pop.

With resurgent Hull and Wakefield just down the road and an option top drop to 12 clubs and cut multi-million pound losses I'd guess not.

Simply brilliant game. Loved every minute of it and thought Leeds were nothing short of immense.

Chuffed for terywebbisgod and even more pleased that pmjwires has nothing to shout about

I'll post where I like thanks and my post on the Leeds/Wire thread was genuine, not sure of your point.

Anyway, back to the thread, Parky, you didn't mention London in your "continue to struggle" comment - why not?

I said dont post if your not going to be civil, BuT your not sure of my point - here's a reminder for you. As above Leeds/ wire thread

I've not caused trouble for months - if you can't be nice don't antagonise me or bait me - don't post against anything A post ive posted if you cant have an adult conversation

I guess it's like your pathetic child/dog post the other week, glad hindle put you in your place.

I said dont post if your not going to be civil, BuT your not sure of my point - here's a reminder for you. As above Leeds/ wire thread

I've not caused trouble for months - if you can't be nice don't antagonise me or bait me - don't post against anything A post ive posted if you cant have an adult conversation

I guess it's like your pathetic child/dog post the other week, glad hindle put you in your place.

it's not my fault that you don;t understand what I've put and please keep this thread on track - it's about the financial situation of Castleford Tigers. if you want to have a go at me please do it via PM

Thanks and all the best

You may be right who knows exactly?

But for me I'm guessing that the RFL/SLE are looking at the size, shape and resourcing of superleague.

If a club is seen as vital for the competition they may get assistance. The chairman of the RFL arguing long and hard for the re-inclusion of London is what i call mega-assistance, as is the purchase of Bradfords ground by the RFL and SLE offering to buy the club. That's also what I call mega-assistance.

Would the incoming chairman put his neck on the line to argue Hull.K.R. should remain in SL if they went pop? Would the RFL buy Wheldon Road and SLE buy the club if Castleford went pop.

With resurgent Hull and Wakefield just down the road and an option top drop to 12 clubs and cut multi-million pound losses I'd guess not.

Fully agree. I'm also not convinced by the arguments to keep us in SL - we really have to do something not only on the pitch (where, with Tony Rea in charge, things are now looking a lot healthier) but off it as well to justify a new licence. I still remain to be convinced that there's a market for top level RL in the capital - and I've been supporting the club since day one!

They did it fro Bradford so there's no reason why they wouldn't do it for us

Bradford have way more fans and always will, sadly.

Bite the bullet and merge with Wakey and Fev. It'll happen eventually, the only alternative being stubborn survival a tier down. You can't have it both ways, sadly.

Look on the bright side - a team that can compete with anyone in Super League. And by "compete" I don't just mean beat occasionally, bite the ankles of etc. a la yer Stokes, Fulhams in EPL. I mean actually finish above in the league. That has appeal, doesn't it?

Bite the bullet and merge with Wakey and Fev. It'll happen eventually, the only alternative being stubborn survival a tier down. You can't have it both ways, sadly.

Look on the bright side - a team that can compete with anyone in Super League. And by "compete" I don't just mean beat occasionally, bite the ankles of etc. a la yer Stokes, Fulhams in EPL. I mean actually finish above in the league. That has appeal, doesn't it?

If I wanted to support a team I have no affiliation with win things I would go watch Leeds.

how many people think the same as you?

how many people want to watch a team that wins?

how many of Leeds crowd are made up of people from batley, dewsbury, halifax, wakefield, cas and Huddersfield?

When the Bulls were on top a large proportion of their fans were from Huddersfield, who wanted to see a winning team they had no real affiliation for rather than their home team that couldnt win a raffle

you might not have any afilliation to it, but in 5 years time it wouldnt matter - with success come supporters

Fully agree. I'm also not convinced by the arguments to keep us in SL - we really have to do something not only on the pitch (where, with Tony Rea in charge, things are now looking a lot healthier) but off it as well to justify a new licence. I still remain to be convinced that there's a market for top level RL in the capital - and I've been supporting the club since day one!

There's no profitable market for it that's been known for years.

What the RFL want is the player production line and the "capital presence" that links through to France.

Wether that's worth hard cash or is just good P & R to say to people that RL is a national and international game who knows.

One thing for sure there aren't any clubs threatening your place.

how many people want to watch a team that wins?

how many of Leeds crowd are made up of people from batley, dewsbury, halifax, wakefield, cas and Huddersfield?

When the Bulls were on top a large proportion of their fans were from Huddersfield, who wanted to see a winning team they had no real affiliation for rather than their home team that couldnt win a raffle

you might not have any afilliation to it, but in 5 years time it wouldnt matter - with success come supporters

correct

So you're saying it's not a level playing field and Bradford were let in because they have more fans? hmmmm - that argument would give the game great publicity eh?

Give it a rest and merge yourself and become Hull

Back to Cas... any news out of this evenings meeting?

Back to Cas... any news out of this evenings meeting?

I looked on the fans message board and nothing. There was a rumour of the club being in debt and struggling to pay a tax bill.

You haven't looked on the right board then. No mention of tax anywhere, but then again you have your own agenda, espescially now the bulls are confirmed for 12 months.

You haven't looked on the right board then. No mention of tax anywhere, but then again you have your own agenda, espescially now the bulls are confirmed for 12 months.

So what is mentioned elsewhere then?!

All details are below Gazza - I think it's obvious that we'r not rolling in cash at present but everyone who went seems to be really buoyed by the new membership scheme

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=2554

Cheers. I hope things manage to sort themselves out a bit at Cas, the rumoured issues certainly haven't sounded too good for their future.

Slight aside, reading about Rangi Chase this morning, it really doesn't come across that he wants to still be in Amber and Black next season.

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/other-sport/chase-heading-back-to-australia-1-5009105

Cheers. I hope things manage to sort themselves out a bit at Cas, the rumoured issues certainly haven't sounded too good for their future.

Slight aside, reading about Rangi Chase this morning, it really doesn't come across that he wants to still be in Amber and Black next season.

http://www.pontefrac...ralia-1-5009105

I think the Rangi situation is a really weird one - I actually know him and to put it brutally honestly there's one reason why he really doesn't want to be at the club and that's Ian Millward.

He admits to being stupid and thought he was going to be sacked which is why he looked for other clubs (Hull) - his Mrs isn't keen on moving to Oz with the new born and it looks like he has to stay with us.

how that will pan out on I don't know but if he does stay he needs to put his game face back on and stop worrying about what might have been or could be.

If I wanted to support a team I have no affiliation with win things I would go watch Leeds.

But assuming you’re from the Cas area you’d have more affiliation with a merged Cas/Wakey/Fev than with Leeds surely? It’s not a case of all or nothing here. None of us were ever guaranteed a stand alone SL club serving our town of birth – those of us born in big towns with in-built commercial appeal are obviously lucky and the rest of us have to cut our cloth accordingly. I was born in Hull which presently chooses to split itself in 2 for SL purposes but may well have to reconsider this in years to come.

I assume that like me you regularly go to new places, make new friends etc.? So what’s wrong with making a new connection with a new team better placed to promote your area, serve and strengthen SL and furthermore provide you with genuine value for your season ticket? Of course it isn’t “ideal” but then neither is SL propping up teams of yesteryear with small fanbases and scant resources that can never hope to compete for honours in the modern era or help drive the game forward.

I would suggest 15 or so thousand, otherwise they would be watching Leeds (or Bradford before them).

There is no guarantee of success and by merging the three clubs you may only end up with one club attracting similar gates to either Cas or Trinity. I concede future generations wouldn’t have the baggage of being a supporter of one of the three original clubs, but a new club would have to make it to that future before that potential support could naturally occur.

Similar thing happened with the idea of a West Cumbrian super club.

There are those with entrenched views (and there were many at the time, maybe less now) who because their club would lose identity of its own wouldn't watch the merged club. There are others who would watch the merged club with the hope of seeing a better standard of rugby.

some of those with entrenched Haven or Town allegiencies have probably turned up for the Cumbria games no problem.

I'd rather watch a joint West Cumbria team with a good number of West Cumbrian players, than a diluted St Helens A team (for example only), masquerading as Workington with a lesser number of local players in most games.

I think the Rangi situation is a really weird one - I actually know him and to put it brutally honestly there's one reason why he really doesn't want to be at the club and that's Ian Millward.

He admits to being stupid and thought he was going to be sacked which is why he looked for other clubs (Hull) - his Mrs isn't keen on moving to Oz with the new born and it looks like he has to stay with us.

how that will pan out on I don't know but if he does stay he needs to put his game face back on and stop worrying about what might have been or could be.

He was loyal and got carried away last year and now realises he should have took more money to join Leeds and win silverware. Without being too harsh, the fact is he deserves a better club around him with better recruitment, a larger fanbase, good facilities and the commercial clout to get him on billboards and earn him good endorsements. That club will never be Castleford Tigers I’m afraid. You’d need to fluke at least half a dozen Chases to even stand a chance of going toe-to-toe with the SL big boys and in pro sport in 2012 that simply does not happen.

He was loyal and got carried away last year and now realises he should have took more money to join Leeds and win silverware. Without being too harsh, the fact is he deserves a better club around him with better recruitment, a larger fanbase, good facilities and the commercial clout to get him on billboards and earn him good endorsements. That club will never be Castleford Tigers I’m afraid. You’d need to fluke at least half a dozen Chases to even stand a chance of going toe-to-toe with the SL big boys and in pro sport in 2012 that simply does not happen.

you usually post some half decent stuff but you clearly know nothing about the Chase situation - this post is complete and utter nonsense "without sounding harsh" of course

1. You haven't looked on the right board then.

2. No mention of tax anywhere,

3. But then again you have your own agenda, especially now the bulls are confirmed for 12 months.

1. Kenny has kindly provided the information, and thank you to him.

2. There was last night on the RLFans Cas board, and Griff indicates the club is a couple of million pounds adrift owing tax, when he looked at the accounts.

Your own CEO says ........"current financial position is impacting upon the development of every aspect of the business".....

"the current business model is not working".....He added, "We are working in extremely difficult times and it is clear that we aren't the only club to be facing difficulties. Hull KR is one example who has already given an honest assessment of their current challenges."....... "Identifying a new investor is integral to the club's future and will be a priority for me as CEO.

I don't see those statements denying severe money problems and saying that they need a rich investor to put it right. Sadly though no figures were mentioned at the meeting which differs to Hudgells honest statement that HKR are losing £500K a year and he isn't going to make that deficit up anymore so no more expensive signings

3. As to my agenda what do you think it actually is??? Your as beat about the bush as Ferres. Do let me know.

If you think my agenda is to find out the realities of what is happening to our clubs and get to the key information rather than listen to tedious press releases and double speak garbage like "We fall short of the model club" so we can then discuss matters with facts rather than wishful thinking then you may be right.

However do let me know my agenda as you see it.