Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidnee

More trouble darn't lane

24 posts in this topic

Two of there staff have been employed at Fev over the last 48 hours Lets hope they do better for us and we don't end up like them

Two of there staff have been employed at Fev over the last 48 hours Lets hope they do better for us and we don't end up like them

hope we're not getting top heavy.

"Top heavy" is how I'd describe the whole game.

In first grade terms $uperleague is top heavy on the Championship base.

In development terms, first grade is top heavy on the reserves/academy/scholarship base.

Our pyramids are upside down and - worse still - are based on sand.

"This is the time to be honest with the fans". Does this mean that up until now they haven't been honest with the fans?????

I'm probably going against the grain of most FEV fans, but as much as i dislike them i hope they don't go belly up. RL really can't afford to lose anymore teams.

Will the last person out please turn the lights off

"This is the time to be honest with the fans". Does this mean that up until now they haven't been honest with the fans?????

Richard Wright kept peddling the ‘things are happening‘ line too much.... cant see him being too honest as hed dug himself in too much of a hole.

I'm probably going against the grain of most FEV fans, but as much as i dislike them i hope they don't go belly up. RL really can't afford to lose anymore teams.

same here dave....but they'd be VERY welcome in to the Champs....... :)

same here dave....but they'd be VERY welcome in to the Champs....... :)

Aye, we need our rivals, and the game needs all it's member clubs.

Anyway, is that to give us 6 guaranteed points, or just to wave at as we pass them in our way up? :lol:

I think it's a shame when any Club has financial problems. But RFL have set the standard by their treatment of Bradford Bulls. Slap on the wrist and points deduction at worst.

Another mockery of the licensing process, they were passed as a solvent healthy club last year and a credit to SL. How many more clubs need to suffer before the RFL admit the system is failing.

Heard they told their fans that they are not even issuing season tickets for next season due to owing £600 k to the inland revenue and debts of £2 million. If true I can't see them being able to pull that round as there just isn't that kind of money spare in the area.

I know one is Darren Payne, who is the other?

I can't believe how this has happened! Ten years ago they had 3 times as many fans as Wakey and possibly the best set of youngsters in Rugby League on their doorstep, judging by how many times Cas & Airedale High Schools were featuring in the finals of the national school championships. These promising youngsters, however, seem to prefer to go elsewhere. The blame has to be in the boardroom.

me

Me too. To me the beauty of this game is to play your nearest neighbours, when you are both at the top of your games, or at least in the top division. This to me has been sorely missed over the last 17 years, we had a small taste of it in April. I for one would hate it if we never had chance to play Castleford ever again, it was part of my gripe when SL occurred and the merger was muted.

Me too. To me the beauty of this game is to play your nearest neighbours, when you are both at the top of your games, or at least in the top division. This to me has been sorely missed over the last 17 years, we had a small taste of it in April. I for one would hate it if we never had chance to play Castleford ever again, it was part of my gripe when SL occurred and the merger was muted.

Too true Andrew, and they say that it's your enemies that make you stronger!

Stated that they owed £600K to the Inland Rev and had £2 mill debts Can this be confirmed by anyone? I have spoken to quite a few Cas supporters and they know nothing about figures of that sort. Where did they come from? Just an idle rumour?

All rumours isnt it.

Id hate to see Cas disappear off the map, even if they had to reform in C1.

All rumours isnt it.

Id hate to see Cas disappear off the map, even if they had to reform in C1.

Meeting tonight I understand. Probably have a clearer picture tomorrow, or could be sooner.