Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Rugby League

Best moment of the 2012 season

33 posts in this topic

On Super League Backchat last week, the group were discussing their highlights of the 2012 season.

What would you say is the best/most memorable moment of this season, either on or off the field?

Drop goal in SOO 3, was just amazing to watch.

Gareth O'Brien try versus Leeds IIRC

Unbelievable try! If that was an Aussie or Sam we'd never forget about it - do you remember it??

My personal highlight was seeing my son walk out onto the Headingley pitch with Jamie Lyon at the WCC.

Ryan Halls try v Widnes at Headingley was pretty special too.

Drop goal in SOO 3, was just amazing to watch.

Just great, I was finally getting round to watching my recorded version of it tonight. :angry:

Just great, I was finally getting round to watching my recorded version of it tonight. :angry:

We're you going to watch it on Saturday at six??

We're you going to watch it on Saturday at six??

Nope.

Will be in the Cross Keys in my Primrose and Blue.

(The regulars still ask after you btw. "Has he been arrested yet?, being the most popular question...)

Nope.

Will be in the Cross Keys in my Primrose and Blue.

(The regulars still ask after you btw. "Has he been arrested yet?, being the most popular question...)

I know I was drunk on a great drink, but was I that bad??

Next time I've got a stop over in hull with work I hope I'm allowed back in.

The obvious one is the cup final win, but I loved the last gasp Catalans try at St Helens. That was breathless stuff that had us all screaming with excitement at the telly. Apologies to our Saints friends on here, obviously. :-)

Tom Briscoe cutting through the middle of the Leeds defence was a highlight for me - strength & pace, a great try. :)

Featherstone knocking Cas out of the RL Cup was the finest moment of the last 16 years let alone 2012

Tom Briscoe cutting through the middle of the Leeds defence was a highlight for me - strength & pace, a great try. :)

I like your profile picture....thats Robert Newton, played Long John Silver. I knew his eldest Daughter Sally Newton

said he was a right Boozer. She died 10 years ago.

leeds beating either manly or wigan

The whole of Magic Weekend sticks in my mind - two fantastic days in a fabulous stadium - great action - and it coincided with our "Summer" too..

Also enjoyed the Championship finals day - particularly Sheffield Eagles taking the trophy and "That Try" along the way - top drawer handling skills.. Pity I paid for a "good seat" and got soaked to the skin :angry:

Genuinely struggling.

I don't know whether I'm believing the pessimism that some say it hasn't been a great year, or the stuff that's happened away from rugby since May has dulled my enjoyment, but there's nothing yet that's sprung to mind.

I like your profile picture....thats Robert Newton, played Long John Silver. I knew his eldest Daughter Sally Newton

said he was a right Boozer. She died 10 years ago.

Indeed - he set the benchmark for pirates - his Har harrrgh copied but never bettered ;)

As an aside, if anyone bumps into 20 pirates at the GF, it's likely to be my group :)

We do fancy dress every year - anyone see the Max Walls we did last?

Personally, it has to be David Hodgson's last minute try to beat Hull at the Magic weekend, followed by the half hour-long celebrations in the concourse afterwards where the police, stewards and a lot of other teams' supporters joined in. It was an unreal experience.

Ryan Baileys break for McGuire's try at Catalans the other week. Can't beat a big prop is full flight swatting off would be tacklers.

The Bulls players dancing on the pitch after the win at Wigan, when the club was on its knees.

Warrington Wolves v St Helens, regular season, St Helens get in front through Paul Wellens, the Sky cameras pan to Mike Rush and Keiron Cunnigham gesticuating for the side to get a roll-on. This is picked up in the away end where almost the entire away support copies the two coaches.hand signals.

A quality moment in an eminently forgettable season..

This.

But the Saints v Catalans ending was the best all round. Wish I'd have seen it live instead of watching Salford beat Hull in a dismal game!