Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Romney v Obama

Who would you vote for?   42 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Obama
    • Romney
    • Neither
    • I'm not American, why should I care.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

207 posts in this topic

Just read this on CNN and found it amusing:

As I always explained to my British colleagues bemused at the irresistible rise of Mitt Romney, one of his greatest strengths was that he didn't look crazy. You could trust this man with the nuclear codes, whereas putting the entire arsenal of the free world in the hands of one of his primary challengers, like Rick Santorum or Newt Gingrich, felt risky

the headlines in today's on-line editions. At least the Independent is...er...Independent

Barack four more

The Sun

The Come-Barack Kid

The Mail

US ELECTION 2012: BARACK OBAMA RE-ELECTED AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Daily Express

US election: Obama wins four more years

The Times

US election 2012: Obama re-elected as president

The Telegraph

US election 2012: Obama re-elected as president

The Mirror

Obama wins four more years as Romney challenge crushed

The Independent

Barack Obama wins four more years

The Guardian

That's interesting. I didn't know the EC votes had been amended but now thanks to the power of Wiki I see that Florida is going to get even more important.

The EC votes are based upon the number of seats each state has in the House of Representatives + the number of senators the state has (2). It is the number of seats in the H of R that is revised each decade, in theory based upon population but with the proviso that each state has at least one.

Weaving current events together, this photo, allegedly from 1974...

trN03.jpg

...probably a fake, but what the hell?

The vote in Puerto Rico looks like it may be - by a narrow margin - proposing that country to be state 51.

That's our chances blown then. ..we'll just have to be no 52. Sky News and the BBC have got half their news teams in the US already.....

That's our chances blown then. ..we'll just have to be no 52. Sky News and the BBC have got half their news teams in the US already.....

And Bill Turnbull has commuted from Jordans without complaint.

No problem with the EC system when it got Dubya elected, eh, Donald?

No problem with the EC system when it got Dubya elected, eh, Donald?

yeah but you know... he hadn't asked to see Dubya's birth certificate

It's hard to argue with a system that makes the preposterous Donald Trump angry... :D

yeah but you know... he hadn't asked to see Dubya's birth certificate

McCain wasn't born in the US, y'know.

He also didn't seem to give a ###### about democracy when trampling all over the wishes of the people of Aberdeenshire to build his (and Salmond's) ego-massaging golfing nightmare.

Cockend.

I think his relationship with Salmond will get examined as we approach the independence referendum.

Some of the American's I know still refer to President Obama as 'the Kenyan'... they got upset when I said I hadn't realised people born in Hawaii were referred to as Kenyans.

A sensible outcome for the health of the rest of the world but I have to admit to a sneaky wish that Romney would win it.

Be interesting to see what Americans would do with no Medicaid let alone "Obamacare", massive tax cuts for the rich and Israel disappearing in flames.

And you can't have the Union Jack as your state flag. Hawaii has already claimed it.

Hands off our Dragon; it's just for Celts. :D

I think his relationship with Salmond will get examined as we approach the independence referendum.

Some of the American's I know still refer to President Obama as 'the Kenyan'... they got upset when I said I hadn't realised people born in Hawaii were referred to as Kenyans.

Will get examined? It has been all over the press and has already been 'examined' in the finest detail, as has anything in Salmond's past that might provide a slur. In fact I think the only bit of 'dirt' that hasn't been created about him yet is the FACT(!) that he is Kenyan.

At least we'd get a vote!

Looks like Donald Trump has had a sudden conversion away from the electoral college FPTP electoral system

He's had something of a meltdown

"We are not a democracy!" wow he's just figured out that they're a republic!

That is a bizarre reaction, given that it's not exactly news that the US has that system for choosing a president - for pretty good reasons.

Will get examined? It has been all over the press and has already been 'examined' in the finest detail, as has anything in Salmond's past that might provide a slur. In fact I think the only bit of 'dirt' that hasn't been created about him yet is the FACT(!) that he is Kenyan.

LOL I didn't realise he was born in Hawaii as well ;)

LOL I didn't realise he was born in Hawaii as well ;)

I can just imagine him dancing with the hula hula girls!

I can just imagine him dancing with the hula hula girls!

There's a mental image I didn't want... :(

To be honest if they can't make the mud stick when he's caked in it by Trumpy it'll never stick.

Was watching last night, I thought American Dad was a ###### take? The Romney HQ was 99.9% white and Romney himself is Stan Smith....