Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Romney v Obama

Who would you vote for?   42 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Obama
    • Romney
    • Neither
    • I'm not American, why should I care.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

207 posts in this topic

Yes they did, yet they ended with 38 fewer seats than the Republicans in the House! How? Well, in a process that would make even top Tory strategist Gerry Mander blush, Congressional Redistricting allows partisan redrawing of electoral boundaries after a census. It would seem that the Republicans made the most of the fact that they controlled the process in a lot more places than the Democrats.

Both sides gerrymander - often with the tacit agreement of the other so they can continue to harvest safe seats.

Both sides gerrymander - often with the tacit agreement of the other so they can continue to harvest safe seats.

Well the Democrats don't seem to be doing as good a job at it - there again, they didn't have as much control of the process as the Republicans.

A bizarre state of affairs, although who are we to criticise - at least the US doesn't have an unelected chamber as part of its legislature.

All he has to do is find a sports team whose name begins with 'R' and whose colours are red and white. (I believe Rochdale has a suitable rugby team!)

As if he hasn't suffered enough! ;)

Apparently a US Conservative group, previously known for pushing the birther conspiracies has started a robocall trying to drum up support for a petition to impeach Obama. Unbelievably see here

Some people are just bad losers.

To only slightly misquote the Grateful Dead, "Birther, don't you come around here any more."