Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulldogs17

Feeder Clubs/ SL Link Up?

78 posts in this topic

I knew you'd bite. :lol: The thing is that English RU has the second biggest player base in the world (biggest is the USA I understand), Yorkshire has about a hundred clubs, but many of them run fourth and even fifth teams, and that despite the fact we don't even have a premier team in the county. I'm not sure that the RL clubs based further afield have that kind of player base. Sure RU gets much more coverage than RL dahn sarf - it's because they ain't interested (got relatives in Rochester), they like Footy first, then RU then hockey - RL lies somewhere between fly fishing and curling. TBH, I don't really care either. In fact, if I'm being honest I take a little satisfaction from the fact that the wider press treat SL in the same way the northern press treat the championship, and that is what I really care about. I'm first and foremost a dewsbury supporter, but if the club folded I'd have no qualms about crossing to the dark side in preference to the alternatives - in other words it's dewsbury or nowt. (OK I'd still watch the amateurs). ;)

I repeat..........."their operatives are everywhere".

Another RU propagandist raises his ugly head.

:O

I repeat..........."their operatives are everywhere".

Another RU propagandist raises his ugly head.

:O

Fair do's - I'm not an oil painting. :rolleyes:

Heard on radio other day that Yorkshire has more registered players for RU than the whole of New Zealand!