Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manx RL

David Solamona is....

31 posts in this topic

a fat ####???

is he playing?

no they are using him to roll Old Trafford before the start, someone got the two Old Traffords mixed up.

What interests me about Solo is how big he will get now he is stopping being a full time athlete. If he can spot a burger with the same instinctive brilliance he can spot a pass, he'll have his own post code in no time.

What interests me about Solo is how big he will get now he is stopping being a full time athlete. If he can spot a burger with the same instinctive brilliance he can spot a pass, he'll have his own post code in no time.

He had a good Teacher in Big Joe Vangana! ;)

Wow a human being and no one has any respect for him - stick and stones yeah!! but some of you need to look in the mirror.

If you've ever been overweight you'll know how hard it to lose........ I wish Solo all the best.

He had a good Teacher in Big Joe Vangana! ;)

Big Joe wasn't that fat. If you ever saw him around town, he was just big ... he had a fair V -shape between shoulders and waist and legs like tree trunks.

Mind you, a few times when I did see him, he was queuing in the Sparks bakery stall at Morrisons.

My hero.

:D

Wow a human being and no one has any respect for him - stick and stones yeah!! but some of you need to look in the mirror.

If you've ever been overweight you'll know how hard it to lose........ I wish Solo all the best.

Oh shut up you soft git.

It's not very good for a full-time professional athlete with the access he must have to good medical / dietary advice (and buffets apparently)

he is a big man, no doubt. however, he is a pro and does his job well. what is his lean body mass? I suspect nobody on here knows, so do not judge his physique. as in most sports health does not really come into the equation, if you can do your job that is all that matters.

Did you see what happened to Inga's waistline when he left RL? That may answer your question.

Apparently, every time he went back home, his family thought those cruel English people were starving him at Wigan, so they made sure he didn't didn't have the ghost of a chance of going hungry in the off-season.

Oh shut up you soft git.

Whilst you have a point, I do also think PMJ had a point.

If this was a thread about online bullying on AOB where people were using forums to call somebody fat and make fun of them, I'm sure there'd be quite a lot of judging on that thread. Because he is sportsman he is expected to take a hell of a lot more.

I actually really enjoy seeing people getting in trouble when they make inappropriate remarks on Twitter to famous people.

I'd guess the odds on him making the pass to provide the first try might be a bit lower?

I take back my comment about his size, which I can see was insensitive. He was a wonderful player at whose deft hands Wigan suffered more than once. He also seemed like a nice chap from his interviews and general demeanour. Plus, I would not say to his face what I wrote, so that reflects badly on me.

I take back my comment about his size, which I can see was insensitive. He was a wonderful player at whose deft hands Wigan suffered more than once. He also seemed like a nice chap from his interviews and general demeanour. Plus, I would not say to his face what I wrote, so that reflects badly on me.

Classy response EW

Well said mate, I think that's always a good rule to have in place.

+1