Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martyn Sadler

Boxing - the world's 4th best featherweight is gay

12 posts in this topic

I know that coming out is difficult for anybody and must be unimaginable difficult for anyone in the media spotlight.

Likewise I'd like to wish him all the best and hope it doesn't adversely effect his career.

The only other sports person I know anything about who came out was obviously Gareth Thomas and he switched codes not long afterwards. It was nice having someone famous switch to league in the modern day but I've always hoped it wasn't influenced by his coming out.

He should try MMA, two punches & they lie on the ground cuddling each other.

Gay heaven,

He should try MMA, two punches & they lie on the ground cuddling each other.

Gay heaven,

What a stupid comment. You sure you are off the sauce?

The only other sports person I know anything about who came out was obviously Gareth Thomas and he switched codes not long afterwards. It was nice having someone famous switch to league in the modern day but I've always hoped it wasn't influenced by his coming out.

The first RL player who came out as gay that I can recall was Aussie test prop Ian Roberts.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Roberts_%28rugby_league%29

I know that coming out is difficult for anybody and must be unimaginable difficult for anyone in the media spotlight.

Likewise I'd like to wish him all the best and hope it doesn't adversely effect his career.

There was, of course, rugby league's very own Ian Roberts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Roberts_(rugby_league)

What a stupid comment. You sure you are off the sauce?

Humour lost on you??

Are you on the juice or the bottle??

The first RL player who came out as gay that I can recall was Aussie test prop Ian Roberts.....

http://en.wikipedia...._(rugby_league)

Quite right both Derwent and Methven Hornet. I had completely forgotten Ian Roberts. In fairness though he only came out after he returned to Aus.

Quite right both Derwent and Methven Hornet. I had completely forgotten Ian Roberts. In fairness though he only came out after he returned to Aus.

Apparently Roberts contacted Thomas after Gareth had come out and offered advice on how to handle the media aftermath.

Ian is now acting in films and on TV.

Ian Roberts was runner up on Australia's Dancing With the Stars competition.

This being Australia, his rumba let him down but his dwarf-throwing was fantastic. ;):lol: