Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bird

Brett Finch to Melbourne

6 posts in this topic

I think if Widdop was available he'd be snapped up by an NRL club, and probably on more money as well.

Doesn't look good for widdop, surely Melbourne wont be signing finch as a back up n cronk might aswell have that no.7 tattooed on his back so for me widdop will be cover for the halfs n full back

i'd suggest that Finch is exactly that, a back-up.. and someone who will push Widdop, and maybe even help him better his game.

Widdop still has a year to run and has no real intentions of leaving Melbourne or Australia. His family is out their and is partner just gave birth last Sunday. Also I doubt Melbourne would release a key player who is still young and offers so much. Bellamy hates seeing his players leave. I can see Finch as a back up especially over the Origin Period where Melbourne have struggled. I would not be too surprised to see Bellamy stick Finch at 13 in the trial games and see how he goes.

Finch will be a backup at 31 years of age

Widdop is considered a far better player and is the future.

Finch struggled to find a club that wanted to keep him in the NRL all of his career, the Storm have worked out well for him.