Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob247

Raiders website

63 posts in this topic

Having several people operating the website might not be a bad idea if we want the website to be first for news updates. Obviously the people would have to be close to the club and know eachother well to make sure the same story isn't put on twice. I'd imagine its not easy to be upto date with everything when only one or two people are running it.

Great site, only comment I have (and it's the same with Barrow's site) is that when someone writes the history they very often refer to the present (like Phil in his benefit year) but this quickly becomes stale as the years go by.

Great site, only comment I have (and it's the same with Barrow's site) is that when someone writes the history they very often refer to the present (like Phil in his benefit year) but this quickly becomes stale as the years go by.

That's a very good point Steve. The history section was written a few years ago now i think (not by me I might add). This has been imported from the old website to the new one. I'll take a look at it when I get chance and bring it up to date and write in such a way that it won't "date" and can simply be added to.

When is the "new" website going to be upto speed ?????

The Shop is still under construction !!!

The Hall Of Fame only lists 5 players !!!

The squad is still the 2012 squad !!!

The history of the club only goes up to 2008 - no mention of the 2009 GF win, or the Des era, or the current regime !!!!

When I look on websites from just about any other club they seem to be bang upto date.

Surely once the website has been constructed and is up and running, it can't be too hard keeping it upto date !

An out of date website doesn't give the club a good image, especially at a time when the club are actively trying to attract sponsors and investors !

Are you volunteering Rog ;):lol:

When is the "new" website going to be upto speed ?????

The Shop is still under construction !!!

The Hall Of Fame only lists 5 players !!!

The squad is still the 2012 squad !!!

When I look on websites from just about any other club they seem to be bang upto date.

Surely once the website has been constructed and is up and running, it can't be too hard keeping it upto date !

An out of date website doesn't give the club a good image, especially at a time when the clulb are actively trying to attract sponsors and investors !

i agree.

i agree.

I have undertaken to bring the Hall of Fame and History sections up to date and this will be done in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately personal circumstances are preventing me having the time to do this just now.

By the way I have looked at the websites of "just about any other club" and don't see too many that have an extensive history or hall of fame section so let's not get so dramatic about all this boys.

Nice one Keith.

Sorry if I came across a bit strong mate.

Good to read your column in the Mail last night, especially the more encouraging news about the floodlights.

Cheers

Roger.

what news about the floodlights?

From Keith's column :-

On the floodlight front, I had a meeting with the RFL (the third such get-together) to move things forward with regard to grant applications. I was advised by the governing body that we should try to source grant money from March 2013 as it was much more likely to be successful than an application submitted in Olympic year.

We are by no means certain to be awarded a grant but we will certainly do our utmost to make it difficult for them to refuse us. A meeting is also due to take place in the next week or so with John Woodcock, our local MP, to see if he can advise on what monies may be available. Whatever happens we will get the lights sorted, by hook or by crook.

Cheers Rog...dont get to see the Mail till the weekend !

From Keith's column :-

On the floodlight front, I had a meeting with the RFL (the third such get-together) to move things forward with regard to grant applications. I was advised by the governing body that we should try to source grant money from March 2013 as it was much more likely to be successful than an application submitted in Olympic year.

We are by no means certain to be awarded a grant but we will certainly do our utmost to make it difficult for them to refuse us. A meeting is also due to take place in the next week or so with John Woodcock, our local MP, to see if he can advise on what monies may be available. Whatever happens we will get the lights sorted, by hook or by crook.

This is very strange ? I carried out many hours of research and spoke to many people within both the RFL and Sport England together with other succesful bidders on sports grants. I was advised that the Inspired Facilities Grant was the only one which could cover the whole costs of the Floodlight scheme, round one had to be in for September 2012 and awarded in December 2012 and round 2 was January 2013 with award at the end of March 2013. All the information I gained and passed to the BoD was for the September 2012 application :dry:

BOD response to that ?

This is very strange ? I carried out many hours of research and spoke to many people within both the RFL and Sport England together with other succesful bidders on sports grants. I was advised that the Inspired Facilities Grant was the only one which could cover the whole costs of the Floodlight scheme, round one had to be in for September 2012 and awarded in December 2012 and round 2 was January 2013 with award at the end of March 2013. All the information I gained and passed to the BoD was for the September 2012 application :dry:

Do you think it might of changed since you left. Like anything, things change with time.

Do you think it might of changed since you left. Like anything, things change with time.

The grant application has not changed and as recently posted, 2013 is very tight for anyone to gain grants as less cash about and more in for them,

Maybe we have missed the boat :(

I am surprised that you find this strange Neil because you knew in September that the club had been advised by the RFL to hang fire with their grant application to Sport England until the March 2013 bids opened. Why wait until now to comment on this forum about the delay?

Apologies for the late response but I am only able to get on line at peculiar times at the moment.

I am surprised that you find this strange Neil because you knew in September that the club had been advised by the RFL to hang fire with their grant application to Sport England until the March 2013 bids opened. Why wait until now to comment on this forum about the delay?

Apologies for the late response but I am only able to get on line at peculiar times at the moment.

Keith as you are aware it was myself that brought the floodlight issue to the BoD pre championship application and it was myself that did all the research on the floodlights ,costs,grants etc and yet I can find no one within the RFL or any other body that shares this view of wait untiill the second teir of grants ( apart from the obvious grant applicants at the time who knew that the less in for the grant the better chance they had). I just see this as a pitty as this would have been the first serious grant (as far as i am aware ) that the current BoD would of applied for, and it could of raised all the cash required for the lights.

I am here to be proved wrong and maybe this thread will re apear in March. does the BoD have a back up plan in the case the grant is not forthcoming ?. You are clearly aware that the fundraising over the previous 12 months has been more than a disaster :(

I would like to see a plan with estimated raised funds from each activity, any fund raising events need to be planned and exercuted properly. By that I mean financial risk analysis completed, all set up/running costs indentified, stake holder register of all involved and regular reports to any fundraising committee.

I do hope we are not relying on the grant in march 2013 and the Vice President scheme only..and before you have a go at me Keith I am writing this as I am concerned. It has now been over 3 months since the BOD announced we need to raise 100K and I don't see that any funds have been raised yet or any plans put forward! Can you confirm that the llights have to be in place by the end of the 2013 season? If this is correct then we only have 9 months left! If we don't raise any money again this month it make the task seem even more impossible.