Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Omen

Kevin Sinfield

150 posts in this topic

Very good SL player but ###### on the International stage and doesnt have the fear or respect to frighten the Aussies that Scully or Faz had. I would put Faz and Scully infront of Sinfield by some distance

I would too but on Sky 3D the commentators were having him as the best player of SL era. Not having that

Definitely a better club captain and pivotal to Leeds success. I wouldn't say he's as good an individual player as Sculthorpe or Farrell, but he's perfect for the Leeds system.

God, I hate this BRILLIANT Leeds team!

Agreed!

Sinfield has been excellent for Leeds but isn't in the same class as Farrell or Sculthorpe who were excellent at international level too.

Better the Scully.

His impact and leadership is outstanding.

Faz was only in SL a short time, Sinfield must have been at the top for the last 10 years.

Best in SL I'd say.

Better the Scully.

His impact and leadership is outstanding.

Faz was only in SL a short time, Sinfield must have been at the top for the last 10 years.

Best in SL I'd say.

Faz played in SL for a decade.

Really? wow that's a surprise, I thought he played about 4 or 5 years.

Still think Sinfield is the greater captain

Really? wow that's a surprise, I thought he played about 4 or 5 years.

Still think Sinfield is the greater captain

I agree, greater captain and team leader - I'm not sure there have been many better to be honest. I still think both Sculthorpe and Faz were more talented individual players though.

The thing is....he always turns up when it counts and turns it on

Exactly!

The thing is....he always turns up when it counts and turns it on in Grand Finals

Edited for accuracy - as I believe the Challenge Cup Final is also when it counts, and is where his record is a complete contrast.

Faz carried Wigan for at least four years. Their decline began with his departure and only ended with the arrival of Noble. How vital Sinfield is to Leeds will be apparent when he retires if they haven't found a replacement, and they haven't yet.

Faz carried Wigan for at least four years. Their decline began with his departure and only ended with the arrival of Noble. How vital Sinfield is to Leeds will be apparent when he retires if they haven't found a replacement, and they haven't yet.

Stevie Ward.That is all.

I agree about Faz - but he carried them due to his individual talent rather than his leadership qualities. In contrast, I think Sinfield whilst an inferior individual player, manages to inspire those around him to performance levels they wouldn't otherwise achieve. All Faz did as a leader was instill fear into those around him that they would let him down, it was more intimidation than inspiration in my view.

I agree about Faz - but he carried them due to his individual talent rather than his leadership qualities. In contrast, I think Sinfield whilst an inferior individual player, manages to inspire those around him to performance levels they wouldn't otherwise achieve. All Faz did as a leader was instill fear into those around him that they would let him down, it was more intimidation than inspiration in my view.

I'd agree. And for much of the latter time Faz was virtually playing on one leg. Sinfield was awesome tonight though and he got plenty of off the ball stuff from Wire. You have to wonder why he doesn't seem to be able to turn it on at international level. I believe he is very underated. But then I believed Deryck Fox was very underated as well!

Brian McDermott has summed up Sinfield perfectly in his after match press conference.

He said "Kevin probably isn't the best 6 Leeds have ever had, he probably isn't the best 13 that Leeds have ever had, but by a long long way he is the best captain Leeds have ever had".

Nail on head I reckon.

isn't he THE greatest player the SL has ever seen ?

isn't he THE greatest player the SL has ever seen ?

Greatest player? No - there are numerous players of greater talent that have graced SL and even a few with more trophy laden careers, including his team mate Peacock.

Greatest captain / leader in SL - undoubtedly in my view.

Greatest player? No - there are numerous players of greater talent that have graced SL and even a few with more trophy laden careers, including his team mate Peacock.

Greatest captain / leader in SL - undoubtedly in my view.

This