Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

THE JIMMY SAVILLE THREAD

324 posts in this topic

A prominent one?

A dead one.

Sunday Times had the story last weekend.

And rumours of foreign diplomats being entertained at locations in North Wales. Senior police involvement too.

There's also an advisor to Margaret Thatcher.

who dat? or where can I find out?

And rumours of foreign diplomats being entertained at locations in North Wales. Senior police involvement too.

I'm sorry but that's stretching the imagination too far.

B)

who dat? or where can I find out?

Google these three words - thatcher advisor paedophile

Watson has gone on record to deny that the mystery aide referred to in his statement at PMQs was Peter Morrison, former aide to Margaret Thatcher when she was in power.

Watson has gone on record to deny that the mystery aide referred to in his statement at PMQs was Peter Morrison, former aide to Margaret Thatcher when she was in power.

Curiouser and curiouser.

you can easily find links on 3 out of the last 8 PMS one taking part and two being close to people being involved.

Police say they have three lines of investigation based on information received.

Saville, Saville & Others, and Just Others.

You get the feeling that a few people may have a ready packed suitcase tin case they need to leg it.

I've heard arrests are imminent?

Where form?

Where form?

Just gossip really but apparently some people are waiting for the knock on the door.

I've heard arrests are imminent?

Met police said so on tv just now. why warn the bastards? or are they trying to panic them into flight?

Agree that I don't understand the warnings. Surely they should just do it and not give someone the opportunity to do a runner.

Combination of Public Relations Dept needing to justify its existence and rolling news channels constantly seeking comment.

I doubt that there will be much danger of people scarpering despite the announcement. Sex offenders are often calculating and superficially co-operative individuals, who would surely know there is little point in adding to any suspicion against them by legging it. They will also know that if these are allegations from quite some time back the likelihood of them being found guilty of an offence, or offences, is low. For example, it is unlikely that there is forensic evidence still in existence, about an alleged sexual crime from 20 years if it is a new allegation. Most sexual crimes are Not witnessed by third parties either, although there have references in the media outlets to some acts being witnessed, eg at "parties." An experienced criminal will know that they can deny all charges and that the police will have difficulty with evidence, give the time and the impact that the crimes have upon the victims' ability to be a "credible" witness/accuser.

Quite why the police choose to announce they are about to do something is another matter. Perhaps it is about being seen to do something, when there is a maelstrom of coverage and speculation. Anyone who has had involvement in such matters knows they need to be approached thoughtfully and steadily, and hasty action can easily result in failure.

Former TV presenter Freddie Starr has said he will speak to police in connection with alleged abuse carried out by Jimmy Savile.

Former TV presenter Freddie Starr has said he will speak to police in connection with alleged abuse carried out by Jimmy Savile.

smart move.

Well in what could be a surprising, surreal week no surprise in Gary Glitter being the first arrested at 7.15am this morning.

What baffles me is how he got away with it for so long. When he was manager at the Mecca in Leeds

http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIdentifier=20031028_83919925

he apparently paid off the parents of a girl who alleged he abused her. He was a volunteer hospital porter at LGI, but when he proposed himself to do the same at St James's they turned him down, presumably because there were rumours about his behaviour. There must have been plenty of people over the years who knew how suspect he was but let him get away with it. Indeed in the BBC and NHS's case let him mix unsupervised with children. You have to wonder how many more such people are still in circulation, still carrying out their abominable practises.

The independent stirs the pot.

Savile apparently lured young women to his cottage in Scotland.

Prince Charles allegedly sent Savile a Christmas card with the message "give my love to your ladies in Scotland"

The independent stirs the pot.

Savile apparently lured young women to his cottage in Scotland.

Prince Charles allegedly sent Savile a Christmas card with the message "give my love to your ladies in Scotland"

There is apparently no limit on how far this enquiry will go

Jimmy Savile has got a lot to answer for ... not least giving Esther Rantzen the chance to shoehorn herself into every TV news bulletin and daily newspaper.

There is apparently no limit on how far this enquiry will go

There are, and will be, plenty of limits to the enquiry. Press and other media speculation will run amok until they are tired of it, or some other issue becomes the dog whistle topic.