Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

THE JIMMY SAVILLE THREAD

324 posts in this topic

Not every matter related to a case is sub judice though, as evidenced by pre-trial coverage of criminal cases, and the absence of contempt proceedings against media outlets involved.

I understand at as you can report on the known facts "A was arrested under suspicion of committing X", what you can't do is speculate on the evidence.

What you can't say is "A was arrested under suspicion of committing X, we believe he was at the scene of the crime because Z told us so and he's obviously guilty as he's been done for it before."

Not sure how accurate my version is, sure a legal bod could clear it up.

I understand at as you can report on the known facts "A was arrested under suspicion of committing X", what you can't do is speculate on the evidence.

What you can't say is "A was arrested under suspicion of committing X, we believe he was at the scene of the crime because Z told us so and he's obviously guilty as he's been done for it before."

Not sure how accurate my version is, sure a legal bod could clear it up.

One of the ways the press and other media have changed over the years has been the amount of coverage given to speculation, rather than the presentation of information as fact, and thereby the publications etc manage to avoid being seen as in contempt of court.

Yes, the media organisations can't tell the full story as who did what in a case before the trial has covered these matters.

Savile's assett's have been frozen.Those law firm's are scenting MONEY,mostly for themselves

Michael Crick tweets: "Senior political figure" due to be accused tonight by BBC of being paedophile denies allegations + tells me he'll issue libel writ agst BBC

Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter, Freddy Starr all 70s icons, my world is finished if they implicate Basil Brush

Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter, Freddy Starr all 70s icons, my world is finished if they implicate Basil Brush

You mean he was actually hiding in plain sight when he used to punctuate his jokes with "Bum Bum" :O

Rod Hull. Had his fist up a bird for most of the 70's...

Good job Huddersfield changed the stadium name...

FFS! I am one daft sod!

I've spent the last couple of days trying to think of a "senior political figure" from the Thatcher era called Galpharm; or someone whose name rhymes with Galpharm; or whether Galpharm is an anagram of the abuser's name.

Sheesh!

I am seeing all sorts of allegations in news paper articles posted on the social media.I wonder if anything will come of them?

FFS! I am one daft sod!

I've spent the last couple of days trying to think of a "senior political figure" from the Thatcher era called Galpharm; or someone whose name rhymes with Galpharm; or whether Galpharm is an anagram of the abuser's name.

Sheesh!

And I was thinking of politicians with names similar to McAlpine.

And I was thinking of politicians with names similar to McAlpine.

Tarzan? Or am I way off

According to Private Eye the former larger than life MP for Rochdale was involved in shenanigan with little boys. He was investigated by the police in 1974, at the time that Ted Heath was courting the Liberals to form a coalition.

According to Private Eye the former larger than life MP for Rochdale was involved in shenanigan with little boys. He was investigated by the police in 1974, at the time that Ted Heath was courting the Liberals to form a coalition.

Private Eye???? They got their information from RAP (Rochdale's Alternative Paper).

Private Eye???? They got their information from RAP (Rochdale's Alternative Paper).

PI is rarely wrong, often in trouble but usually correct in the end.

Just out of interest, the old RAP office on Spotland Road is now a women's clothes shop.

Just out of interest, the old RAP office on Spotland Road is now a women's clothes shop.

That is interesting!

PI is rarely wrong, often in trouble but usually correct in the end.

They are not always diligent in checking the facts involved in the less serious, or gossipy articles, but they do some really good work on the more serious stuff, eg concerning the Bristol hospital scandal, the Kincora children's home and the Southern Cross care homes debacle.

Way off.

Edit: at least it's not the name I've seen.

That's enough speculation, folks. There's a reason why these names are not being published in the mainstream media. The threat of legal action. Savile is dead and not a worry, some of these other names being bandied around are very much alive. If you want to speculate, do it on twitter or facebook or someone else's website and let them pay the damages if you guess wrong, but no more on here, thanks.

Thread locked. Subject can be re-opened in a new thread if/when there's anything new to add or discuss.