Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

THE JIMMY SAVILLE THREAD

324 posts in this topic

Now, that, is the big question IMO.

the tens of millions of pounds he raised, and the fact that charities, hospitals and so on would be tainted by association with him. This is happening, but could have been worse if he were still alive and open to questioning.

the tens of millions of pounds he raised, and the fact that charities, hospitals and so on would be tainted by association with him. This is happening, but could have been worse if he were still alive and open to questioning.

True. I'm more inclined to believe he had incriminating evidence on people at the top. You can get away with a lot then.

Like that story behind the film 'The Bank Job'

True. I'm more inclined to believe he had incriminating evidence on people at the top. You can get away with a lot then.

Like that story behind the film 'The Bank Job'

I wouldn't bet against it John

There's never one reason for most things

I remember on the louis Theroux show when he walked into the Scottish Hospital with his cigar and he said,he'd take his charity money from them if they asked him to put it out,i do think charity money had a lot to do with the silence aswell..........

How sad it is that, seemingly, someone who spent a large part of his life being showered with gratitude and plaudits for charity work was only involved in those commendable activities with a view to gaining access to the vulnerable. Believe me, there's more shocking details about Savile's story to come - on top of his predication for underage girls. This man was an absolute abhorration.

Max Clifford stating there are quite a few famous faces who are "keeping an eye" on the situation. Unfortunately this could be quite a big story. Even worse to say it's been covered up for years.

How sad it is that, seemingly, someone who spent a large part of his life being showered with gratitude and plaudits for charity work was only involved in those commendable activities with a view to gaining access to the vulnerable. Believe me, there's more shocking details about Savile's story to come - on top of his predication for underage girls. This man was an absolute abhorration.

I'd take a guess that this wasn't his only motivation

I'd take a guess that this wasn't his only motivation

I agree. As already discussed it was a massive blockade to prevent people coming forward being taken seriously. He knew what he was doing IMO, and it's rather devious to say this least.

A4yZaBKCcAA2GSn.jpg

I agree. As already discussed it was a massive blockade to prevent people coming forward being taken seriously. He knew what he was doing IMO, and it's rather devious to say this least.

I think thedre are other reasons than a smoke screen, a leverage device and so on. I'd guess that he had a need to feel that people thoiught he was a good person-the more money he raised and the more that people saw him doing in the more the need was fulfilled. We'll never really know.

A4yZaBKCcAA2GSn.jpg

It's almost as if he was subliminally taking the p*ss out of everyone.

With regards to Saville there seems to be a growing bandwagon to discredit him and the pitchfork waving public are out in full force but I want to see the evidence before I conclude he was a predatory pedophile.

If he was (and has been said on here already), there seems to have been a major cover-up that will incriminate everyone who turned a blind eye or who took advantage of their position of trust. So the guilt lies beyond the celebrity that was Sir Saville.

With regards to Saville there seems to be a growing bandwagon to discredit him and the pitchfork waving public are out in full force but I want to see the evidence before I conclude he was a predatory pedophile.

If he was (and has been said on here already), there seems to have been a major cover-up that will incriminate everyone who turned a blind eye or who took advantage of their position of trust. So the guilt lies beyond the celebrity that was Sir Saville.

A more than slight implication of a major cover up, or at least police complicity: http://timesopinion.tumblr.com/post/32804536645/jimmy-saviles-affections-laid-bare-by-jimmy-savile

A more than slight implication of a major cover up, or at least police complicity: http://timesopinion....by-jimmy-savile

"In today’s Times story about the allegations surrounding Jimmy Savile, David Sanderson highlighted some quotes from As It Happens, Savile’s 1974 autobiography, that nobody else seems to have picked up on..."

Oh, I've been banging on about these for at least a week now.

He describes how angry parents came to his flat after he spent a night with a group of 'young girls', but as he was out for a run at the time, they said that he'd let them stay the night there alone. His 'minder' was hiding in the wardrobe at the time.

And he describes in great detail how he 'slept' with a group of girls in a caravan, waking up sans clothing as part of an 'octopus of arms and legs'. Again, angry parents arrived and he dressed hurriedly and told them that he'd only arrived 30 minutes before to 'wake them up'.

The book is full of it - it's tantamount to a confession.

I aprtly see what you mean by this, and I was of the same opinion initially too but 50+ allegations. HEard a figure that it's actually around 120. Are all these going to be wrong?

We've heard from lots of people but when are we going to hear from the "minders" who have been alluded to in a lot of the press. Surely one of them wants to get in first with the police because they seem to have a lot to lose here.

well the Metropolitan police seem convinced

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/showbiz/jimmy-savile-was-a-predatory-sex-offender-say-met-police

I aprtly see what you mean by this, and I was of the same opinion initially too but 50+ allegations. HEard a figure that it's actually around 120. Are all these going to be wrong?

Same here. I have heard rumours for a long time but thought it was either exaggerated or just a smear as he seemed 'a bit odd'.

Lets assume amongst these recent 120 claims (which could be the tip of the iceberg) there are 50% liars and publicity seekers. That's still leaves *way* too many to there be nothing in it.

well the Metropolitan police seem convinced

http://www.tntmagazi...-say-met-police

I'm happy with any investigation to run it's course but the police are acting like it's still 1973. They are not the body to pronounce his guilt, they simply have to assemble the evidence without prejudice.

I'm happy with any investigation to run it's course but the police are acting like it's still 1973.

1973... they need to get Gene Hunt on the case. He'll sort him out.

It seems strange that his family so readily agreed to removing his headstone. Surely if they thought he was innocent, they would ask for police patrols or something until the matter was concluded?

Looks like pretty damning evidence alone.

We've heard from lots of people but when are we going to hear from the "minders" who have been alluded to in a lot of the press. Surely one of them wants to get in first with the police because they seem to have a lot to lose here.

Good point. Assuming they are still alive, they must be pensioners by now. Could be a stretch in chokey for some of them, probably denying everything Freddie Starr style.

I'm happy with any investigation to run it's course but the police are acting like it's still 1973. They are not the body to pronounce his guilt, they simply have to assemble the evidence without prejudice.

no they don't since the case won't come to trial

no they don't since the case won't come to trial

no they don't what?

The crucial thing is that once they've established the facts it is likely there will be people still alive who have to answer some serious questions. By jumping the gun they are potentially prejudicing possible convictions because of all the dead-end leads they'll have to follow. There are plenty of cranks out there prepared to ambulance chase for a quick buck and Savile was a wealthy man.

I accept that it looks like Sr Savile has a lot to answer for but this isn't just about him and the police aren't exactly being sensitive to that. It's like they got their man so typical of old style policing. Wait for a large brush and rug to put this to bed before someone really important gets implicated.