Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hullfan

rugby league live 2 (game)

104 posts in this topic

Its an excellent game.

Not reet good on it, but if anyone fancies a game, my gamertag is FistsAplenty.

yeah its class but its s**t online the lag is unreal.

Well, finally played it today, and I have to say I am dire at it.

I even managed to get the Kangaroos to lose to the Skolars.

Well, finally played it today, and I have to say I am dire at it.

I even managed to get the Kangaroos to lose to the Skolars.

Sounds like me v thee would be a 0-0 knockonathon! One for the purist, I'm still bleedin rubbish! I think the fact I keep picking it up and having a go speaks volumes for how good it is.

Sounds like me v thee would be a 0-0 knockonathon! One for the purist, I'm still bleedin rubbish! I think the fact I keep picking it up and having a go speaks volumes for how good it is.

Aye, I'm really struggling to get to grips with it tbh, but I refuse to go on the easiest level due to comments by yourself and others here as I hate it when you then step up and it becomes a different game.

I am enjoying it though, although I feel like a spectator half the time, and don't get to make any tackles :blush:

I do like the deep passing from acting halfback which allows you to spread the ball quickly, although i'm really struggling with the 5th tackle kick plays, where I end up running round panicking before handing the ball over!

I think it's defo the best of the series so far, agree online lag is bad and 5th tackle option is poor as not enough time, also kick offs are too easy to win which isn't realistic. Overall an improvement tho!

Had the game for a week didnt like it, was unbelievably hard on rookie so I tried amateur was stil hard at 1st then I got hang of it a little. It seemed the more you passed the ball n tried to actually play rugby the worse thing got but if u just did 1 up rugby you scored quite easily, defending was stil hard tho. On rookie my score line with Brisbane against gateshead ended 4-38 but on amateur with same teams I lost 30-24. I did eventually win some games but had to stick to boring 1 up rugby

Took me ages to pick it up but well worth it. It just seemed to click for me. Stick with it

Took me ages to pick it up but well worth it. It just seemed to click for me. Stick with it

What skill level are you playing on?

I started on Rookie and don't want to step down to Amateur, but tbh, I'm finding I don;t even get to make a tackle in most games!!!

does any one have the same problem playing online against aus players? it works perfectly fine when playing uk players, but against aus players the lag is unreal must be the distance, or is it just me?

How do u do the shoulder charge

By clicking the right analogue stick (it's too early to think what it's real name is). But the timing has to be perfect and it depends on the size of the player doing the hitting and the one being hit. Best time is straight from a kick off

By clicking the right analogue stick (it's too early to think what it's real name is). But the timing has to be perfect and it depends on the size of the player doing the hitting and the one being hit. Best time is straight from a kick off

I've struggled with this as well, do you actually push the right analogue stick in and clicks or do you just point in the right direction? Don't you also need R2 held down?

Right stick pushed in then time your impact and hit RT/R2.

Do you have to be controlling that particular player or will it do it for other players even if they're not "circled"?

Beat in final on golden point new remote needed aaaarrrrr

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Two rounds to go and in 2nd place on professional with Parra, mid table on vets with Skolars!! The more you use, the more confident your players become and better you seem to go.

I still give up loads of trys to bombs and interceptions .....

I like the fact that this game has more realistic touches like if you spend first half wearing a team down and carting the ball up your ruck gets quicker in second half and gaps open up, then u shift it wide!

Still can't do the big hit! My understanding is that on PS3 I hold down right analogue stick and then press R2 when I want to do hit? I'd that right? Do you need to direct the analogue stick?

I think you have to be running toward the defender.....so you'd be using the Left analogue to direct/run toward the ball carrier, click the Right analogue down as you get closer then click the right trigger just before the hit to get the ping........have tried a few times and only managed it once, the timing's quite critical...as in the real world I suppose

I like the fact that this game has more realistic touches like if you spend first half wearing a team down and carting the ball up your ruck gets quicker in second half and gaps open up, then u shift it wide!

Still can't do the big hit! My understanding is that on PS3 I hold down right analogue stick and then press R2 when I want to do hit? I'd that right? Do you need to direct the analogue stick?

I do it from kick off, i kick off then when im about 20m of the ball carrier, i hold R2 and then R3(analogue) then aim for the the ball carrier with the left stick, never fails, also make sure the player you want to do the hit with is a forward, doesnt realy work when you try and use smaller players.

Just won the grand final in easy mode but immediately after the final whistle the flippin thing crashed!!! So no recognition or achievement points...

The squad numbers in SL are quite annoying, dunno why my starting props are 1 & 33, my stand off is 12 and reserve winger 10.

Anyone still playing this? Really considering buying it, looks a million times better than RLL1 from what I've seen on youtube.

I read that you can now replace teams in career mode so can swap the 14 SL teams with Championship teams. If anyone has done this can you tell me is it still classed as 'Super League' and does the winner then play one of the NRL teams in the WCC or... whats the deal there, as of course I would like to play as York through a career mode but if what I said is true then it seems a bit silly.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Once I won the SL at Amateur level and then Rookie level I stopped playing it for some reason.....not sure if you get to play WCC in season 2 as I've only ever done 2 individual seasons at different levels