Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

THE 2013 World Cup

30 posts in this topic

THE NEXT BIG RUGBY LEAGUE THING after this weekend and the SL GF

Started by l'angelo mysterioso, 28 Sep 2012

can you imagine a response like this from Union fans to theoir world cup?

Sid and Doris Bonkers live

I despair

Particularly after The RU announce big big stadiums in line for theirs............

Has anyone volunteered to help make the RLWC a big success yet ? The volunteer application packs are now available, covering 18 different roles at the various venues and training camps.

That is hilarious and sad in equal measure. Hopefully the majority of RL fans aren't represented by these morons.

Has anyone volunteered to help make the RLWC a big success yet ? The volunteer application packs are now available, covering 18 different roles at the various venues and training camps.

I have the pack but have only looked at it briefly so far. I'm certainly intending to apply.

That's really depressing the RFL get the blame but with supporters like that it wouldn't matter who was in charge.

I have the pack but have only looked at it briefly so far. I'm certainly intending to apply.

Same here, though it's a bit of a trek into London for my local area

The trouble is, I'd like to volunteer, but I want to be at the matches!

It's threads like that that make me glad I didn't support RL while I lived up North, because I feel I would have ended up as bitter as some of the people on there (though I suppose there's still plenty of time for that)

Particularly after The RU announce big big stadiums in line for theirs............

To almost universal derision in union quarters mind.

I registered a while ago but received nothing yet

I registered a while ago but received nothing yet

they make you sick

To almost universal derision in union quarters mind.

Is that true or tongue in cheek?

It's threads like that that make me glad I didn't support RL while I lived up North, because I feel I would have ended up as bitter as some of the people on there (though I suppose there's still plenty of time for that)

I doubt it

you aren't small minded enough

I doubt it

you aren't small minded enough

It's funny, I used to drive my dad to Belle Vue every other week (his company had a box there). He would invite me to stay but I had absolutely no interest in RL.

I look back on those days and see how I dodged a bullet, I could have ended up a Wakefield fan! :P

It's funny, I used to drive my dad to Belle Vue every other week (his company had a box there). He would invite me to stay but I had absolutely no interest in RL.

I look back on those days and see how I dodged a bullet, I could have ended up a Wakefield fan! :P

kismet

THE NEXT BIG RUGBY LEAGUE THING after this weekend and the SL GF

Started by l'angelo mysterioso, 28 Sep 2012

can you imagine a response like this from Union fans to theoir world cup?

Sid and Doris Bonkers live

I despair

What a sad little man with too much time on his hands you are, you ask for peoples plans thoughts on the tournament, you know full well what the reaction would be, then when you get what you want you slate the people for those views. You prompted the response then slate the people with the views on another forum. What a horrible little man

thanks mate - will have a look

my grandson and I have sent ours off. There's loads to go at.

On a related note...

The Cup tour (which I'll admit I didn't know was happening - good publicity again RFL) is going all over the shop with the exception of the area where two of this season's trophy winners came from...I'll leave the rest of you to debate the wisdom...

A4w5dDOCAAAMWFa.jpg

The Cup tour (which I'll admit I didn't know was happening - good publicity again RFL) is going all over the shop with the exception of the area where two of this season's trophy winners came from...I'll leave the rest of you to debate the wisdom...

A4w5dDOCAAAMWFa.jpg

Do you mean South Yorkshire?

Also, the tour is continuing into next year, these are just the first dates

True.

Yep. My understanding is that RU fans are a little peeved that so few of their own stadia are being used. Aside from Twickenham, I believe that Kingsholm is the only one of the stadia that solely hosts rugby. There appears to be some frustration at the likes of Stadium MK, St James' Park, Ashton Gate etc being used.

Yep. My understanding is that RU fans are a little peeved that so few of their own stadia are being used. Aside from Twickenham, I believe that Kingsholm is the only one of the stadia that solely hosts rugby. There appears to be some frustration at the likes of Stadium MK, St James' Park, Ashton Gate etc being used.

the comparison between the attitude of these people and the subjects of the thread are illuminating.

On a related note...

I'll admit I didn't know was happening - good publicity again RFL)

To be fair, press releases have been posted on TRL about it.