Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

October Photo Comp KT has chosen SPORT as the theme

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Hidden by ckn, October 28, 2012 - No reason given

The only way you'd be showing up the absurdity of that is if you are knowingly breaking copyright to do so.

No, I deliberately posted the same photo in the same thread, he posted it there, it was reposted there, it was posted where he wanted it to be posted, it just had the ###### removed. There is no claim to the photograph, it isn't being used in a way that was not originally intended, it is just nicer.

If Getty had a copy he would have two copies anyway, thinking you are protecting your intellectual or other property by sticking a watermark on it is a waste of time.

If he wanted to enter the competition as a know nowt photographer like the rest of us he should use an image that isn't plastered with watermarks. There you go I've said it that's my real point.

It's only for fun but if a pro wants to post and join in fine, but cut the watermark ######, its pointless.

Its not pointless you #####, its a rule i have to abide by but you obviously dont give a ###### about me or me losing my licence

Thr RFL wont give a ###### about where the image is posted, they will just see an unwatermarked image and hold me responsible

Because the RFL dont allow me to post on the internet otherwise, but hey you just ######ed that up for me

I'll remove the image if you want, I was making a point. The RFL can't blame you for what anybody can do with your images, the rule they impose is an utter nonsense.

Its not pointless you #####, its a rule i have to abide by but you obviously dont give a ###### about me or me losing my licence

Thr RFL wont give a ###### about where the image is posted, they will just see an unwatermarked image and hold me responsible

Thanks for your very pleasant response, I was about to take the image down, but now I may think fek it sue me. You tried to be a smart ar se as a pro by entering into a bit of fun photo comp for us bumbling amateurs.

Aw fek it I'll take it down, I can't be doing with marde are ses.

I'll remove the image if you want, I was making a point. The RFL can't blame you for what anybody can do with your images, the rule they impose is an utter nonsense.

Maybe, maybe not, but its a rule i have to abide by and yes the RFL can blame me because i was responsible for hosting/posting the original image, if i hadn't then you couldn't/wouldn't have altered it.

Yes, well done. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but I believe you've also got a full house in breaching TRL rules, infringing a copyright and Sinfields image rights! :P

100% correct shrek

100% correct shrek

Oh FFS, was your image used in any way whatsoever as unintended, it was posted on this website, where you posted it, on the same thread, where you wanted it to be.

Anybody, anywhere in the world could have removed your watermark and posted it anywhere on the billions of websites that exist, if your images are so precious don't post them on a public website where it is so easy to make a copy.

Oh FFS, was your image used in any way whatsoever as unintended

Erm, let me think about this for a minute, OK thought about it, YES of course it was used in a way it was unintended for, it was never intended to be posted without a watermark yet you did exactly that, are you really so thick or dont you just give a fek, a bit of both i think.

Really cant be ######ed conversing with you anymore

Erm, let me think about this for a minute, OK thought about it, YES of course it was used in a way it was unintended for, it was never intended to be posted without a watermark yet you did exactly that, are you really so thick or dont you just give a fek, a bit of both i think.

Are you so thick that you don't think somebody can remove your watermark, in fact its hilarious you calling me thick when you are the obvious numpty leaving precious images open to manipulation and thinking nobody would ever think of doing it.

It was posted without the watermark to show that the watermark was useless, are you to thick to understand that.

Really cant be ######ed conversing with you anymore

That'll be my pleasure then.

Sleep on it, think about it, and now you have been made aware be more careful.

Glad to be of assistance in teaching you the ways of the Web.

Padge does ask a good question, wtf is a professional photographer posting his work on this thread which is meant to be a but of fun.

Padge does ask a good question, wtf is a professional photographer posting his work on this thread which is meant to be a but of fun.

Drumming up business, he saw it as a way of getting some free advertising (against the TCs I believe).

The one completely sane bit of the forum... 24 posts deleted.

Please keep this to the friendly nature it always has had in the past.

If you don't like a photo then simply don't vote for it.

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, October 29, 2012 - No reason given

The one completely sane bit of the forum... 24 posts deleted.

Please keep this to the friendly nature it always has had in the past.

If you don't like a photo then simply don't vote for it.

Fair enough Craig.

As long as it isn't used for blatant advertising, :happy:

Image removed because on a knobhead

Good grief

its of not on.

:lol:

Image removed because on a knobhead

Lets not be silly. Not sure if a pro photographer should really be entering their images on a forum like this either to be honest but hey ho.

Fair enough Craig.

As long as it isn't used for blatant advertising, :happy:

Pratt, how is it blatant advertising, its not like im allowed to sell my photos now is it.

well this is going well isn't it

well this is going well isn't it

Wine gum?

Last chance to post a photo for October. Can anyone with more than one photo posted make it know which when you are putting forward for the poll, if you don't nominate then the last picture posted will go to poll.

Over to KT on BedfordRYs late entry posted a day late but before the Closed notice has gone up.

CLOSED TO ENTRIES

It was taken in October... :wub:

I was just a little late with actually loading it onto the PC!

I was just a little late with actually loading it onto the PC!

and posting it. :D

Nice shot BTW.

KT as the topic selector is sole arbiter of what's in or out. Throw yourself on his mercy.