See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

October Photo Comp KT has chosen SPORT as the theme

78 posts in this topic

I know this wont win anything but a snap I took with my phone whilst out for a ride on Saturday. Taken from Belmont hill looking towards Ramsbottom (you can see Peel tower in the distance).

n30Ws.jpg

Brings back memories of cycling around there in my youth. Got a grid reference?

I notice that you're a two water bottle man. I've just bought myself a road bike again after over three decades and, although I've got two bottle holders, I've not been far enough yet to need two bottles (most rides have been between 10 and 20 miles in length). In fact, I have rarely taken a drink; still haven't got the knack of lifting and replacing the bottle whilst on the move.

Was a complete fluke to tell the truth, I was walking the dog this morning around the local fishing ponds just off of junction 6, M18

Was a complete fluke to tell the truth, I was walking the dog this morning around the local fishing ponds just off of junction 6, M18

Fluke or not, it's superb.

Love that marauder - really really nice and goes to show you don;t need loads of equipment to take a great photo.

Well done

The most important part of a camera is about one inch behind the viewfinder. :happy:

A circuit to go at Sedgefield.

484481_458850647470750_695475682_n.jpg

Blimey, that's a bit close! You're not a Suffragette, are you?

Blimey, that's a bit close! You're not a Suffragette, are you?

Was safely outside the running rail. You can get quite close to them around the top bend. Sedgefield's an excellent track, well worth a visit. The only downside is that its not easy to get close to the jumps.For that aspect Cartmel is fantastic, but unfortunately doesn't see action during October!

To get really close to the jumps, try Plumpton, by the time they come round the station bend on the last lap they not going too fast either

To get really close to the jumps, try Plumpton, by the time they come round the station bend on the last lap they not going too fast either

Steadily working my way through the 59, so hope to get to Plumpton one day. As respected a judge as Simon Holt the C4 commentator has it as one of his favourites. Here's an example of what I'm on about, from Cartmel's August meeting.

321452_257334900955660_6408378_n.jpg

Fell Running - Get away from the crowds and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside :dry:

P1110917_zps8af5bff9.jpg

Steadily working my way through the 59, so hope to get to Plumpton one day. As respected a judge as Simon Holt the C4 commentator has it as one of his favourites. Here's an example of what I'm on about, from Cartmel's August meeting.

321452_257334900955660_6408378_n.jpg

I love Cartmel, it's the first Course I attended while fell walking when I was a lot younger - 1980ish. Maybe that's why I like Plumpton, because of the Geography. I love Beverley RC too, although I've never come away with a profit from there. Newbury has always been my most profitable (Came away with nearly £1000 one Gold Cup Saturday!), I wish I'd been alive to see racing at Castle Irwell/Manchester RC, I've seen Youtube footage & it must have been amazing when packed.

Wigan St Pats 4-14 Leigh Miners, played under the lights on Wednesday 17th October. Shutter speed was a tad to slow to compensate for the lights being a tad to dull!

p1226326048-4.jpg

Posted · Hidden by ckn, October 28, 2012 - No reason given

Sir Kevin Sinfield scores

gf2.jpg

I realy do not see the point in watermarking photos on the web.

gf2_ed.jpg

Image removed having proved my point and photographer sulking.

gf2_ed.jpg

Little Tinker

Regardless of personal preference any pictures taken under the RFLs accreditation put on a "photo sharing website" have to feature a prominent watermark or the RFL reserve the right to strip you off your accreditation.

Regardless of personal preference any pictures taken under the RFLs accreditation put on a "photo sharing website" have to feature a prominent watermark or the RFL reserve the right to strip you off your accreditation.

So the RFL has an unenforceable rule as I have just proven.

So the RFL has an unenforceable rule as I have just proven.

Yes, well done. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but I believe you've also got a full house in breaching TRL rules, infringing a copyright and Sinfields image rights! :P

Yes, well done. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but I believe you've also got a full house in breaching TRL rules, infringing a copyright and Sinfields image rights! :P

The image had already been posted on here, by the copyright owner re posting cannot therefore be a breach of the posters copyright. I see nothing in the TRL rules about editing photos. Sinfiields image is a sour faced git, I can't do anything about that.

I am awaiting a PM from Gav asking me to remove it though.

The image had already been posted on here, by the copyright owner re posting cannot therefore be a breach of the posters copyright. I see nothing in the TRL rules about editing photos. Sinfiields image is a sour faced git, I can't do anything about that.

I am awaiting a PM from Gav asking me to remove it though.

Is that right? And I apologise to everyone else I'm more interested than anything else.

The original image is a link back to the copyright holders website, yours is an edited copy hosted elsewhere, how is that not a breach of copyright?

Is that right? And I apologise to everyone else I'm more interested than anything else.

The original image is a link back to the copyright holders website, yours is an edited copy hosted elsewhere, how is that not a breach of copyright?

If I copied unedited and posted the same photo on the same website would it be a breach of copyright, I am not claiming the photograph to be anything other than the original, I am not using it in any way other than intended, i.e. posted on the same thread ( I was tempted to start a new thread but thought that may have been pushing it). I am however showing up the absurdity of watermarking as a way to protect your copyright on the web.

If I copied unedited and posted the same photo on the same website would it be a breach of copyright, I am not claiming the photograph to be anything other than the original, I am not using it in any way other than intended, i.e. posted on the same thread ( I was tempted to start a new thread but thought that may have been pushing it). I am however showing up the absurdity of watermarking as a way to protect your copyright on the web.

But does the fact there are now two copies of the image on the internet hosted on different sites, one on Garys site and one on photobucket not make the above irrelevant regardless of your intentions?

I am however showing up the absurdity of watermarking as a way to protect your copyright on the web.

The only way you'd be showing up the absurdity of that is if you are knowingly breaking copyright to do so.

But does the fact there are now two copies of the image on the internet hosted on different sites, one on Garys site and one on photobucket not make the above irrelevant regardless of your intentions?

If Getty had a copy he would have two copies anyway, thinking you are protecting your intellectual or other property by sticking a watermark on it is a waste of time.

If he wanted to enter the competition as a know nowt photographer like the rest of us he should use an image that isn't plastered with watermarks. There you go I've said it that's my real point.

It's only for fun but if a pro wants to post and join in fine, but cut the watermark ######, its pointless.

Because the RFL dont allow me to post on the internet otherwise, but hey you just ######ed that up for me