Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

livo

Ideas For Money Raising

56 posts in this topic

Heard on the bay radio today about a charity event where they are doing fire walking, you have to raise so much before you can do it.. A full night could be made of it, music, bbq, raffle, beer oh and fire walking.

I like this Fire walking idea. I think that could pull a decent crowd to, to watch and with all other things going on around it.

Too late for this year I know, but as a child the place that everyone headed for the firework display on 5th November was Craven Park, is there any reason why we can't do this now? It even falls in the closed season.

Anyone remember when the last one of these was? 15years ago?

Anyone remember when the last one of these was? 15years ago?

I Haven't a clue when the last one was. I looked into the possibility a couple of years ago with a view to doing it for the Development Fund but the health & safety (and cost) aspects make it impractical to be honest.

The Lions used to do this sort of thing, once over at Craven Park, and laterly at Holker Street and the fact that the Lions no longer bother doing it tells me all I need to know really. They are far more experienced at these things than I will ever be and if they don't see it as worthwhile then I would have to say that it is a non-starter.

How about organising a 'Barrows got talent' contest. Get the players as judges. Hold it in the theatre or other suitable venue. Winners could even provide half time entertainment at Raiders matches throughout the season !!

Also, with xmas coming up, why not try a xmas dinner dance type thing. Again, get players involved, maybe as waiters like they did on the ladies night a few years back.

Maybe a bit short notice, but similar thing for halloween - a monsters ball if you like.

Insane, but how about a £1000 elite club membership that entitles the holder to admission to every game at CP for a lifetime? Maybe targeted at companies, sponsors etc? 20 or 30 of those would make a big hole in the cost. Maybe even have the facility to allow the purchaser to spread the cost over a couple of years? Just a thought.

Could we not tap into schools as well, get kids backpacking for charity for us, then give them free tickets to games as reward - as long as they bring a paying adult.

Insane, but how about a £1000 elite club membership that entitles the holder to admission to every game at CP for a lifetime? Maybe targeted at companies, sponsors etc? 20 or 30 of those would make a big hole in the cost. Maybe even have the facility to allow the purchaser to spread the cost over a couple of years? Just a thought.

Funnily enough a few of us were discussing a £1000 'season ticket' in the pub the other night. Although we did discuss the potential of a 10 year ticket we talked flexibility where you could do 5 years for £500. Still a bit steep up front but the club get guaranteed money and you will save x amount of cash over the term.

Funnily enough a few of us were discussing a £1000 'season ticket' in the pub the other night. Although we did discuss the potential of a 10 year ticket we talked flexibility where you could do 5 years for £500. Still a bit steep up front but the club get guaranteed money and you will save x amount of cash over the term.

Good idea.

I think this is a good idea, but we should also look at the smaller contributions. At home when we needed to save we had a jar for loose change, if we could encourage a large number of supporters to contribute their loose change in containers at places like the rugby shop, the ground, and local pubs, with a specially designed blue and white container, with something like "BARROW RAIDERS Change for the future", I think we need to get everybody involved.

How about organising a 'Barrows got talent' contest. Get the players as judges. Hold it in the theatre or other suitable venue. Winners could even provide half time entertainment at Raiders matches throughout the season !!

Also, with xmas coming up, why not try a xmas dinner dance type thing. Again, get players involved, maybe as waiters like they did on the ladies night a few years back.

Maybe a bit short notice, but similar thing for halloween - a monsters ball if you like.

I believe that Plan of Attack, has agreed to shave his head as a fundraiser, and I think is a cracking idea.

I take my hat off to him, as I believe he will get plenty of sponsorship.

Please ignore the above post. This will NEVER happen no matter how much UU and his sad friends go on about it

how about a raffle for the kids with the winner getting a replica kit/shirt and being the official mascot for the season, get the kids interested and the parents have to follow...

have a comp of tag rugby ,each side av say nine players , dos nt matter if an all girl team or male , but each team allowed one barrow player , and as to be played in fancy dress

have a comp of tag rugby ,each side av say nine players , dos nt matter if an all girl team or male , but each team allowed one barrow player , and as to be played in fancy dress

lets have womens 9's and they have to play in stockings and sussies.....we would fill the place :D

One of the ideas raised was to have collection jars located around the town in various pubs, clubs, businesses etc.

To help with this can anyone who has any clean jars drop 'em off at the Raiders Bar or the Rugby Shop and we can get this idea on the go right away.

Thanks and remember the futures a bit bluey grey at the moment but its getting blue n' white very soon :rolleyes:

lets have womens 9's and they have to play in stockings and sussies.....we would fill the place :D

One of the ideas raised was to have collection jars located around the town in various pubs, clubs, businesses etc.

To help with this can anyone who has any clean jars drop 'em off at the Raiders Bar or the Rugby Shop and we can get this idea on the go right away.

Thanks and remember the futures a bit bluey grey at the moment but its getting blue n' white very soon :rolleyes:

bump

how much you reckon killone is up for. dont know what overheads are but it would make a hellave club house . put the shop in their from scott st and hold dinners or sportsmans dinners, just a thought.

how much you reckon killone is up for. dont know what overheads are but it would make a hellave club house . put the shop in their from scott st and hold dinners or sportsmans dinners, just a thought.

It would be brilliant if it could be done.

There won't be a queue of people to buy another club premises from Carlsberg and some of the costs could be offset with not having to pay the Scott St rent.

It might be worth just hanging fire and let the premises be empty for a few week story and getaway better deal from Carlsberg.

I like this Fire walking idea. I think that could pull a decent crowd to, to watch and with all other things going on around it.

I have been looking into this and there are several bespoke companies that do this type of thing. It can be done anywhere with no harmful effects to the surrounding area as they lay ground protection down, so it could be done on the CP pitch, don't know what Dick would make of it though!

The biggest problem is the cost, the minimum price I could find was £1500. So you would need at least 15 people with a £100 sponsorship before you start to make any money. Thats not counting beer sales, BBQ, raffle and bandages etc.

I think we would have to appeal to not just Raiders fans but the general public as well as a greater catchment area, the more the merrier.

Timing could be a problem as well, is it too close to Christmas or is after Christmas too soon bearing in mind how expensive this time of year is?

All this will need to be discussed and agreed before we commit ourselves and we will need volunteers to help out.

Need to gauge interest and of course the sponsor goes to the wider public. You get how ever many they can do in a night or however many you can get to do it tell each person what they must collect minimum each then let them get the donators in.

Get a photographer to take pictures then frame them and charge accordingly. I know if I did it I would want a picture of it but then again I'm not that daft!...lol