Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ernieone

Tom drops in

27 posts in this topic

Apparently had a very good season for Fev Reserves.

By no means a major coup but gives us some much needed cover in the halves, something we didn't have. Especially with Whitmore sounding more of a utility player rather than an out and out half back. Got a feeling Whimore will be covering the halves, hooker and loose forward.

No point in spending big money on someone who in essence is back up. Similar to Henderson and Palfrey really but with a bit more experience at this level.

Squad is coming on nicely with a bit of depth now.

Can't see what Hemmingway will offer tbh. Had more clubs than Tiger Woods. Wasn't he at Workington last season? When did he actually last play Championship rugby? During his 3 wk stint at Leigh? How long ago?

Wasn't he at Workington last season?

No, he was at Whitehaven towards the end of last season...... and wasn't exactly impressive on the 2 games they had televised......

I can't see any harm in this signing whatsoever, and thinking in rational mode it seems like a wise move. We literally don't have any experienced halfback cover apart from a young kid who Kear obviously is viewing as a 'project' signing. Hemingway won't be a first choice for us, but will be a squad player to bring in at short notice if Black or Moore suffer injuries. If called upon, he'll do a competent if not spectacular job. Exactly who do fans expect us to sign as halfback cover, with a limited budget and no reserve team? I'm the first to admit that Hemingway isn't a superb player, but no top quality halfback at this level would be willing to sit on the sidelines for the best part of a season. Furthermore, he was basically Liam Finn's understudy at Fev for two years, so should be good enough to fulfil a similar role with ourselves.

Must admit I don't agree with you very often Harold, but you have got this spot on. Is an experienced half back who, presumably, has come under no illusions as to what his role will be and also not on mega bucks.

If he stays fit he's quite a useful player and got a bit of speed

another advantage with Hemingway is that he is an excellent goal kicker,we don't have another goal kicker if Gareth is injured so on that basis alone

he is a good signing.

Hmmmm, I'm actually suprised at this signing.

TBF I were 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, andlook how that turned out!

TBF I were 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, and look how that turned out!

TBF I was 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, and look how that turned out!

TBF I was 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, and look how that turned out!

Maybe not a massive name,like said above but good backup to have,more than we had last season,might prove to be an inspired signing,good kicker. not a bad lad to have around the squad

another advantage with Hemingway is that he is an excellent goal kicker,we don't have another goal kicker if Gareth is injured so on that basis alone

he is a good signing.

Both George Flannagan & Paul Mennel can kick goals.

i like Tom. think he's a good player. lacked fitness when he came to us, then a long term injury didn't help. if he's back to full fitness i think you've got a good'n.

Sounds good then. I'm sure he'll get a chance to show what he's capable of.

Wasn't he with us before on dual reg or summat? I seem to remember him kicking a goal from the touch line to beat dewsbury. Or is my brain going the way of GOR's?

Wasn't he with us before on dual reg or summat? I seem to remember him kicking a goal from the touch line to beat dewsbury. Or is my brain going the way of GOR's?

Ran the legs off us and scored a brilliant try if I remember - I wouldn't have minded him at the Rams. I'm a hundred and two you know. :P

Is he too small to be the ball playing loose forward we need .

jonny hepworth has done very well for us in that role, tom could probably do a similsr job for you.

Is he too small to be the ball playing loose forward we need .

Ive always rated him.He just never got the chance at our place just the odd game here and their.But he is good with the ball in hand and like oldrover says i think he will do a good job for you guys at loose forward and i think he would become a fans favourite over the course of the season for you guys.