Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Stadium development/terracing (merged threads)

69 posts in this topic

Pleased to say that I was inside the ground on Thursday doing a bit of work on a sign and saw the workmen beavering away on the banking at the Owl Lane end.

Seeing is believing they say.... looks like a start has been made :-)

Hoping we can have a few photos of the progress been made,and updates made by the club.

Hoping we can have a few photos of the progress been made,and updates made by the club.

Am working on it Andy stay tuned.

Am working on it Andy stay tuned.

Thanks Roger,looking forward to seeing the improvements been made.

I'm looking forward to the opening ceremony!

Who will it be cutting the tape?

Maybe get the Widnes fan who sued us to cut the tape so us home fans can meet him in person :angry: ?

Then again dont want him claiming when he drops the scissors whilst munching on his double cheese burger with his winnings(his claim)

Maybe get the Widnes fan who sued us to cut the tape so us home fans can meet him in person :angry: ?

Then again dont want him claiming when he drops the scissors whilst munching on his double cheese burger with his winnings(his claim)

That Widnes fan was last seen in a all you can eat restaurant in Dallas,wasting away all his winnings,sorry his compensation money.Let RogerTRam do the opening ceremony.

Thought we'd already cut through the tape. :O

Picking up my season ticket tomorrow from the club,hoping to see how the work is going on behind the posts at first hand.

Got my season tickets this morning,you can see where the work has started,there's a small hill of soil in the corner,things are happening,lets hope it can all be done before the season starts :)

Got my season tickets this morning,you can see where the work has started,there's a small hill of soil in the corner,things are happening,lets hope it can all be done before the season starts :)

A mole problem perhaps?

When you've got a big hill to play on you'll know you've got a chance of having a decent stadium. :)

A mole problem perhaps?

Hope those badgers haven't come back to play on the pitch during the off season,like they did a few years ago.

The hole was dug some weeks ago to locate a problem with a leaking water pipe. It will be fixed when the terracing work commemces.

The pathway around the pitch is complete and hopefully the terracing work will begin in the next couple of weeks when the council approve

the drawings prepared by the Architect. We currently have enough funding for 5 steps to be completed together with the Crush barriers.

A fundraising event to be advertised in the near future which will hopefully provide the extra funding to complete the project in the New

Year (Weather Permitting).

Thanks for the latest update,really important that we are rally round when the announcement about the fundraising is announced and support it the best we can.The more improvements around the ground the better.

As much as the members based running of the club ultimately turned into disaster, a club run under strict financial rules but with a community orientated approach seems like the recipe for success. The club nudges new projects forward with some capital and the community follows on with enthusiasm.

An excellent model.

Don't think most of the people involved so far would make it to Leeds never mind Leigh!

I have discussed this with MS and he has suggested a sponsored walk to Batley - provided we can spread it over 2 days.

The hole was dug some weeks ago to locate a problem with a leaking water pipe.

Really? Someone told me it was caused by Jack Addy dropping 50 down a crack.

Really? Someone told me it was caused by Jack Addy dropping 50 down a crack.

:lol: :lol: and copper wire was invented by Jack and my father in law argueing over a penny. :O

Don't think most of the people involved so far would make it to Leeds never mind Leigh!

I have discussed this with MS and he has suggested a sponsored walk to Batley - provided we can spread it over 2 days.

:lol:

You Will need more then two days to get everyone out of the Union Rooms on your way to Batley !!! Didn't some people walk to Featherstone's ground a few years ago for fundraising for the cheerleaders ? I would be up for something similar for the ground improvements fund,if we could get enough people to do it.

we actually walk every year to raise money for the project fund which is there to supply things for the club, to date we paid for the equipment in both gyms, unfortunately there were only six people willing to do it last time

we actually walk every year to raise money for the project fund which is there to supply things for the club, to date we paid for the equipment in both gyms, unfortunately there were only six people willing to do it last time

That's great what you are doing for the club,if your doing the walk again next year i would give it a go,hopefully more details of this can be made to more people in the club programme or during half time of a game,in the local newspaper.What i'm saying the more people know about these kinds of fundraising for the club,more people might what to do it or support it by giving money.

the club never seem to advertise it even though we do it every year we try and let people know , now i am back on here might be better