Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Stadium development/terracing (merged threads)

69 posts in this topic

Glad to hear that Glen was helping out with painting the gym walls today,getting ready for the new floor for the gym to be put in tomorrow.Does anyone know when the work will start on the terracing behind the posts? Things are starting to look good on and off the pitch.

Terracing will start when the builder manages to unravel all the Kirklees Red tape. He has now been told that we need Architects Drawings - for a Terrace!

However. we are now all experts in Radial Gangways, Tread Depths, Maximum Pitch, Sightlines, S& P factors, Exit Routes, Emergency Lighting

and the Green Guide is essential bed-time reading.

At the current rate of progress it may be started by June but I can't say in which year.

Also it is interesting to note that although the expert calculations indicate that when finished it could hold 996 persons, as it is not covered it will not add to the

official Ground Capacity. The official reason is that the Fans will migrate to the covered Stands in bad weather!

See WR, you don't know what you're doing!

Why don't you just ask on this forum for expert advice first?

:rolleyes:

The Building Work has not gone anywhere. If you read the post I thought that I had explained this.

Andyram asked for a progress report and we are still at the Paperwork Stage/ Red Tape Stage.

There are Drawings, Specifications, H&S Policies, Environmental Policies, Risk Assessments etc etc but now we have been

told that the drawings need to be redone by an Architect.

The drawings and all other info were submitted weeks ago and have initial approval.

We do not need to tend for Contractors as this is money raised by individuals and is not funded by the club.

Perhaps we should have asked for you professional advice and financial support before we wasted so much of our spare time.

The builder is based locally and works regularly with Local Authorities.

I can just envisage WR pulling his hair out as he goes through his rant, but it is important that the i's are dotted and the t's crossed before the club goes ahead. Otherwise what happens if somebody trips and falls on the steps once they are in place and we are again allowed to 'migrate' behind the posts? Say some fat useless waster from North Cheshire for example.

Sorry, being cynical again.

Terracing will start when the builder manages to unravel all the Kirklees Red tape. He has now been told that we need Architects Drawings - for a Terrace!

However. we are now all experts in Radial Gangways, Tread Depths, Maximum Pitch, Sightlines, S& P factors, Exit Routes, Emergency Lighting

At the current rate of progress it may be started by June but I can't say in which year.

Also it is interesting to note that although the expert calculations indicate that when finished it could hold 996 persons, as it is not covered it will not add to the

official Ground Capacity. The official reason is that the Fans will migrate to the covered Stands in bad weather!

If this is the case then Bradford Bulls will only have the seating stand open at odsal on allticket games and also take them to below the superleague ground capacity for the next licences?

If this is the case then Bradford Bulls will only have the seating stand open at odsal on allticket games and also take them to below the superleague ground capacity for the next licences?

Good point!

WR BSJ I'm not trying to be an expert nor do I pretend to be. My post was asking a question and looking back written the wrong way.No slight intended on your work done with this.To be fair your second post explains things more clearly than the first. Will engage brain in future.

First of all, congratulations to Wilsden Ram for rolling up his sleeves and getting stuck into the Green Guide. It appears you're not going to have any vomitaries though, which is a pity. They're good fun.

I think Ramite has a point. The "traditional" route would be to sort out drawings, specifications and the like first and then use these to obtain competitative tenders. Whoever's paying for the terrace is then reasonably sure they're getting the best price.

You can ask for my professional advice anytime you like.

Not if we are still employing the same stewards they won't. B)

Different Councils interpret the regs in different manners. Kirklees just seem to be the most pedantic. I have often wondered how Fev get away with not having any crush barriers at all on the standing section?

Thanks for the update on the terracing,shame about the delay,but at least we know people behind the scenes are doing there best in making improvements at the club,stay positive and this will be done in the future.

There is no need to tender for the work to be done on two points , the most important being that im sure TCT constrction will do a marvellous job .

How you procure your contracts is, of course, none of my business GFDU. I was only suggesting a method of ensuring you obtain the best price for the job.

What was your second point, as a matter of interest?

How you procure your contracts is, of course, none of my business GFDU. I was only suggesting a method of ensuring you obtain the best price for the job.

What was your second point, as a matter of interest?

TCT "built" the stadium. A list of problems as long as your arm (and then some). Having a step into the South Stand disabled toilets probably sums it up the best. (Although the £100k it cost the club to re do the pitch runs it close).

TCT "built" the stadium. A list of problems as long as your arm (and then some). Having a step into the South Stand disabled toilets probably sums it up the best. (Although the £100k it cost the club to re do the pitch runs it close).

Wasn't that Duncan Developments?

Wasn't that Duncan Developments?

No they were the Local Housebuilder who acted as front men for a much larger company to keep the land price low.

Having been involved in tenders, it is absolutely no guarantee of anything other than that one company looks better than another. Cheaper is not better. Wish fans would stop criticising and picking at those who actually do take some action.

Says in The Press today that work on the terrace would be starting on Monday,has anything change all of a sudden?

Work on the pathway around the pitch will start early next week.

The Red tape for the Terracing is slowly being unwound!

We are also working on the exact positioning of the statutory crush barriers as we need

them to be exactly like the ones at Fev.

Sounds like things are moving along slowly but surely,but it will happen.

All good news by the sound of it.

Maybe it will stop some moaning?

:huh:

No I am sure someone will find something to moan about....wrong colour concrete maybe?

Work on the pathway around the pitch will start early next week.

The Red tape for the Terracing is slowly being unwound!

We are also working on the exact positioning of the statutory crush barriers as we need

them to be exactly like the ones at Fev.

Our capacity is limited severly by not having crush barriers. And as with house building regs change, so it may indeed be ok to have no barriers (reduced cap) in an already built terrace, but regs may have changed meaning if you are building a new terrace they have to have barriers.