Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EastLondonMike

Mal Meninga - sky sports sporting greats

8 posts in this topic

On sky sports 3 at 11.30pm tonight. Think these get repeated quite a bit, so sure people will get the chance to watch it if missed tonight.

First time a RL player has been featured in this series as far as I'm aware.

If you've just missed it like me, its repeated Wednesday, Sky Sports 3, 3.30PM

Turned on by accident, but really enjoyed it. Lots of painful memories revived of him swatting off GB players, but there's no doubting his stature - literally - as a giant of the game.

Watching some of those runs carrying 3 or 4 people with him amazing. And also not to be forgotten along with his strength was his pace when he was younger god he could move for a big fella. Scary to think that the Aussies picked a druggie to be the 8th Immortal in front of Mal.

Watching some of those runs carrying 3 or 4 people with him amazing. And also not to be forgotten along with his strength was his pace when he was younger god he could move for a big fella. Scary to think that the Aussies picked a druggie to be the 8th Immortal in front of Mal.

Probably much scarier that the 8th immortal had such a massive impact whilst having well known drug problems at his peak.

It was great to see some footage from the Brisbane comp - that was a first for me.

easy to forget what an awesome player Meninga was.. some of that footage was great.. it seemed like every try he scored in the Brisbane comp involved him carrying four blokes over the line!

Mal is also shown scoring a try on the front cover of my third novel 'One Summer'. Does that count as a first as well.