Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

The Autumn Internationals Thread: England/Wales/France

Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?   65 members have voted

1. 1. Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?

• France v Wales (Lens)
    • Wales v England (Wrexham)
    • England v France (Hull KR)
    • The Final (Salford)
    • I am unable to attend any of the games
    • I am not interested in attending any of the games

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

120 posts in this topic

The 2012 Autumn International Series tournament schedule in full is as follows:

Saturday October 20 – France v Wales (Lens, ko tbc)

Saturday October 27 – Wales v England (Glyndwr University Racecourse Ground, Wrexham, 2.30)

Saturday November 3 – England v France (MS3 Craven Park, Hull, 2.30)

Sunday November 11 – Final (Salford City Stadium, 5.00)

Are you looking forward to it? Which games are you planning to attend?

Theres 2 of us going to England v France and 4 going to the final, can't wait

Hoping to go to the final, though the 5pm kick off is a bit of a painl

I'm going to the Wales-England game at Wrexham and the final at Salford.

Hopefully all the games will be competitive. I don't expect Wales to win any of them at this stage in their development, but I'm hoping that they will put in a good enough performance to encourage more support and to give England/France something to worry as that would be good from everybody's perspective.

Come on Wales Bring it on! Lets see what these Welsh born and bred youngsters are all about :angry:

The two Scotland home matches...

I should be at England v France as I'm up in Leeds that weekend anyway. Can't make it to Salford for 5 on Sunday (well, I can, it's just getting back that's the problem)

The two Scotland home matches...

Snap.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can make any of the England games, would love to have gone to Wrexham and Salford.

Should make one of the Scotland home games (more likely the Knights game), and the autumn series final (though as others have said 5pm Sunday is a right pain, especially when travelling back to Paisley...fortunately I have 4 days of holiday which need used soon...)

Live ten minutes from the UK's busiest ferry port, so bizarrely the Wales game in Lens is almost a home fixture.

notice that both england matches are scheduled on a saturday afternoon 2 30pm ko. same time as amateur rugby league is played. that rules me out, and probably a whole host of other supporters whod love to attend but cant because of the scheduling.

and we wonder why crowds are minimal when certain supporters are unable to attend. shoot ourselves in the foot comes to mind!

I'm trying to arrange a bit of a social event for my club and tying it in with the Final at Salford.

Can anyone suggest anywhere to have a pint or two near the ground? It seems like the stadium's in the middle of nowhere..

The RFL are doing cashback offers for amateur clubs like they do for the Grand Final. They are also doing an offer involving an England Fleece + ticket for a pretty good price, so if you're involved with any amateur clubs get onto the secretary etc to get onto Ray Tenant at the RFL Ray.Tennant@rfl.uk.com for more details.

notice that both england matches are scheduled on a saturday afternoon 2 30pm ko. same time as amateur rugby league is played. that rules me out, and probably a whole host of other supporters whod love to attend but cant because of the scheduling.

and we wonder why crowds are minimal when certain supporters are unable to attend. shoot ourselves in the foot comes to mind!

Our last match is the day before the final, which is why we are aiming to go to the final, rather than the earlier games.

I think things are better than they were, with the RFL running the North West Leagues this year, there were no fixtures on Grand Final weekend at least. But I don't suppose they can rule out all Saturday's at this time of year when we have the Grand Final followed by internationals.

What they should do is not arrange fixtures in the leagues local to each fixture and actively encourage attendance from those clubs.

Our last match is the day before the final, which is why we are aiming to go to the final, rather than the earlier games.

I think things are better than they were, with the RFL running the North West Leagues this year, there were no fixtures on Grand Final weekend at least. But I don't suppose they can rule out all Saturday's at this time of year when we have the Grand Final followed by internationals.

What they should do is not arrange fixtures in the leagues local to each fixture and actively encourage attendance from those clubs.

north west mens league, yes no fixtures grand final day. ncl fixtures went ahead. fixtures for ncl playoffs, nwc and nwml are scheduled for the forth coming england fixtures. havent looked into other regional leagues, ie pennine, cumbrian and hull leagues.

I'm off to Scotland v Ireland and Ireland v England Knights, Not sure if I'll be able to make the second Scotland game.

None. Tempted by the final but it's my mum's 65th birthday so I have to be there. As for the other games, why would I travel all the way from London to watch England play an international at Craven Park? No offence to HKR fans but that's not an international standard stadium.

Would love to go to the final, but ...

If I drive, I can't have a drink, so I've checked the trains. What is going on? I'm being offered routes via Newton le Willows, buses between Huddersfield and Leeds, nothing that gets me back to Malton before 7:00am on the Monday. I might be working on the Monday - Supply Teachers can never be sure until close to the day. Why can't things be simpler? Looks like driving is the only option, but I'm not keen on the prospect.

I think I'll decide closer to the day.

PS. forgot to say "I blame the rfl." ;)

Would love to go to the final, but ...

If I drive, I can't have a drink,

And if you can't manage to go to one match without having a drink, I'd say you have a problem!

And if you can't manage to go to one match without having a drink, I'd say you have a problem!

Not particularly. I will drive to the Wrexham game if all else fails but would prefer to go on coach/train and make a day of it if possible.

I'll still go but my preferred option is not to drive and have a few* drinks.

*lots

Am going to all four matches. Can't wait. My favourite time of year. Off to France on Thursday for the first game and a long weekend. I'll be a Welsh fan for the day.

I paid full whack to attend the England vs Exiles game and was so appalled by the consideration for the viewing public shown by the team management I won't be wasting my money again, thanks all the same.

Just how many games such as this would journalists attend if they had to pay their way in John?

I have been to matches without having a drink (Bradford v Castleford this year, for example). However, after not being able to watch many games for 14 years, I would like to make it a bit of a celebration. It would be my first visit to my team's new home (I missed the opportunity earlier this year as I was just too tired to drive from Whitby to Barton and back again) and anyway, I like a drink. I don't have a problem with that. Why should you?