Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

The Autumn Internationals Thread: England/Wales/France

Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?   65 members have voted

1. 1. Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?

• France v Wales (Lens)
    • Wales v England (Wrexham)
    • England v France (Hull KR)
    • The Final (Salford)
    • I am unable to attend any of the games
    • I am not interested in attending any of the games

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

120 posts in this topic

In what way? What didn't they do that you think they should have done to improve your overall experience?

In that when i bought my ticket, some time in advance, it was in the expectation that the England management would pick their strongest team and actually attempt to win the match rather than use it as a bit of an international trial. All of the RFL promotion, at least up until the time that I bought my ticket, was along the same lines. I expected something approaching origin and got a pre-season friendly. Maybe the silence of the crowd throughout was a testament to the fare on offer.

I'm not the best person to ask as although I have a press pass, by choice I usually attend matches under my own steam and at my own expense. The press box is better being occupied by those who need the facilities available for writing or broadcasting reports on the game, which isn't part of my job.

I take the point I think you're trying to make though, that this isn't the most mouth watering international series we've ever been presented with, but in many ways we are trapped in a vicious circle with regard to international Rugby League. Fans won't attend in great numbers because the RFL won't make a bigger deal of them, but the RFL won't make a bigger deal of them because the fans won't attend in great numbers. How do we break that cycle? There isn't an easy answer to that, unfortunately.

Fair enough. You're too good to be a journo John.

Far too big a stadium for this game. Rugby League never learns , big stadia, small crowd looks cak on telly. Decent enough game so far though.

Some strong hits and good hands from both sides so far....bosc must be miffed, he created two sitters and they bombed both opportunities

Far too big a stadium for this game. Rugby League never learns , big stadia, small crowd looks cak on telly. Decent enough game so far though.

The crowd seem pretty interested to say most of them are not RL fans. And the commentary is stressing that it is virgin territory, so its not that bad all things considered.

France need to score now though.

Decent game, enjoying it so far france definitely the stronger side and wales cant maintain last ditch defending all game. Looking like a 10-12 win for the french i'd predict unfortunately. some heart from the welsh boys though

the historical amnesia on attendances on this forum is astonishing sometimes but yeah its all down to p and r :rolleyes:

Used to attend many internationals, Challenge Cup Final and even the SL Grand Final - will not support any of these events until the game returns automatic P&R......and I know dozens who feel the same.

Good luck with your attempt to turn the clock back, since 20,000 or so will pay and go, and hundreds of thousands more will watch on TV . Do you think there might be message there?

That's a very impressive crowd. Pleased to see the game being well supported.

That's a very impressive crowd. Pleased to see the game being well supported.

Seconded. Been a decent game too.

Very poor ref : 2 yallows cards instead of the red one : the welh deserved it.

the ##### who went down like a sack of potatoes deserved a yellow - like a football player! Considering wales are living off two semi pro sides compared to frances 10 plus a superleague side wales did very well, lots of guts and heart.

11k in lens, live on british and french tv is a pretty decent result for a thrown together tournament. personally i rather watch this then a bunch of spoiled disinterested aussies play england!

Interesting comments by Larrat before the game

"Larrat: "A true test"

The France team receives Wales, Saturday afternoon at Stade Felix-Bollaert in Lens (16 hours). Relocation in the North is a test for the President of the FFR 13 Nicolas Larrat.

Nicolas Larrat will leave the Federation he runs for eight years.

"Nicolas Larrat, why rugby is exported to 13 there in the North?

In view of the Super 13 project, the Federation leads with Luc Dayan (president of RC Lens, but also mandated by the FFR 13 to study the feasibility of a proposed overhaul of the France rugby league to 13, called Super 13 , which tries to establish a League clubs, one of which could be located in the region lensoise), this relocation is to see if people are receptive to our sport, they appreciate it. This is a thread of the project we would like to develop within 2-3 years.

A project you started but you do not will lead to much since you do not dispaly the next federal election?

I'm actually not a candidate for my reelection in the upcoming elections on November 19. For various reasons, I can not perform this task. But we must continue to work on the file. I will not leave the house like that 13. If you need me, I will continue to work on the project. I have more perspective, more time to devote to it. If you want me ... because I understand that the successors also want to turn the page.

In the meantime, what you expect from these tests fall?

They allow the team to France to prepare for the future World Cup (it will be held in Britain in 2013, and two matches are scheduled Thirteen France France, one in Perpignan, the other Avignon). We have a good team with a very good state of mind. It takes to face Welsh highly motivated and reinforced by a few players operating in Australia. Nothing to do with the team we beat last June (28-16 Wrexham).

A victory over the Welsh you open the doors of almost final of Euro Nations on 10 November in Salford?

Yes, it would be a good thing. Aurélien Cologni and Thierry Dumaine new coaches of the team of France were well prepared group. Aurélien the group's respect, we must say that he has played with or against almost all the players in his group. It is a hard worker, who sought to advance all the time since he became coach. I regret one thing: not having made earlier at the head of the team of France.

What is the stated purpose for this match Lens?

If it is between 10 and 15,000 spectators, it will be a success. There is a good mobilization around the event. We had reservations for 8000 before the opening of ticket sales at the counters. The idea of ​​Luc Dayan, to allow supporters to follow the RC Lens Auxerre match their team on the big screen (14 hours) and then remain in the stands to watch France-Wales is good. North quinzistes clubs have played the game too. This is good! The festival promises to be beautiful. "-

Collected by Gilles NAVARRO

Euro Nations, manual

Crown Trophy Jean Galia, who was to compete French, Welsh and English every year, the Euro Nations is a competition between the three best teams in Europe. The program is as follows: France-Wales (20 October Lens), Wales-England (27 October Wrexham); England France (November 3 Hull). The first two of this mini league will meet in the final on 10 November in Salford."

Comments

FOR

Excellent spirited welsh team however the french should have at least scored 3 more tries but hats off to wales for making it a contest.

Crowd very good and i was pleased to see they made an effort to get into the match.

BBC TV coverage very good indeed (Puts sky to shame) and i think that Earl Crabtree deserves credit he was excellent.

AGAINST

The lack of sponsors for international RL is worrying.

Without wanting to sound sour i noticed that the english team were afforded the luxury of some warm weather training in south africa, i would like to know what in the way of pre-match preparation was given to the welsh lads anything short of at least a trip to somewhere like the canary islands would be a disgrace.

CM

The RFL paid for England to go away. Why should they pay for other countries to do the same?

The RFL paid for England to go away. Why should they pay for other countries to do the same?

A closer series makes the game look more credible and thus of more value to the RFL

i agree, it does the welsh better to develop as independently as possible then get addicted to rfl handouts!