Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

The Autumn Internationals Thread: England/Wales/France

Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?   65 members have voted

1. 1. Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?

• France v Wales (Lens)
    • Wales v England (Wrexham)
    • England v France (Hull KR)
    • The Final (Salford)
    • I am unable to attend any of the games
    • I am not interested in attending any of the games

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

120 posts in this topic

Well I must have been watching a different game. Apart from the French tries at the end of the first half which were well taken, I can only use a four letter word to describe the game - dull. Full of handling errors by both sides. The crowd size was encouraging though. If England can't get cricket scores against either of these two then McNamara should quit on the spot.

I have always loved international rugby league and I thoroughly enjoyed today's game . My only wish is that there could be a welsh team in the super league again soon.

Well played the French.

Good turnout, the key is now Is to play a wc warm up game there next year. From reports I have seen dayan quoted super xiii has stalled, but still looking at 2014 kick off but larrat stated 2 year away. League needs to develop in the north so need a low tier lens team in some form.

I enjoyed the match, and think that it is marvellous that the Welsh have produced so many talented players. If only Briers would go round again, they would be very competitive. Some of the plays both teams tried were spectacular. I would expect England to get a good game from both of them. It's a shame the France England game is Innogy in France, as it would provide a better test and they could have had a heartland game for the loyal treizistes to watch.

I enjoyed the match, and think that it is marvellous that the Welsh have produced so many talented players. If only Briers would go round again, they would be very competitive. Some of the plays both teams tried were spectacular. I would expect England to get a good game from both of them. It's a shame the France England game is Innogy in France, as it would provide a better test and they could have had a heartland game for the loyal treizistes to watch.

Agreed. Why are the favourites at home?

Just been on the EnglandRL website to buy tickets for the final but its not advertised as far as i can see, anyone know where you go to buy them?

Just got back from France. Enjoyed the weekend. Good to see a few Welsh fans out there. Good game, decent stadium with a good view, beer good and shed loads of chips per portion. Can't complain. Wrexham's got a lot to live up to next weekend.

You would if Rervers hadnt been promoted shortly before the cutoff

I wouldn't.

I watched the game with my Grandad and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the standard was high, Wales' defence was outstanding and France looked great in attack. I'm looking forward to Saturday's Wales/England game and then England versus France a week later at MS3 CP.

Just on the subject of those who oppose the international game on the basis that it 'isn't very good'. If people actively support it it will grow and become more worthwhile. Just a thought....

I wouldn't.

I watched the game with my Grandad and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the standard was high, Wales' defence was outstanding and France looked great in attack. I'm looking forward to Saturday's Wales/England game and then England versus France a week later at MS3 CP.

Just on the subject of those who oppose the international game on the basis that it 'isn't very good'. If people actively support it it will grow and become more worthwhile. Just a thought....

The thing is - in terms of International sport it is actually very good (IMHO obviously).

International football and Northern Hemisphere Rugby Union can be very disappointing, yet the match the other day had some nice tries, nice bits of skill, and a bit of biff. This was from two teams who are not the best.

The thing is - in terms of International sport it is actually very good (IMHO obviously).

International football and Northern Hemisphere Rugby Union can be very disappointing, yet the match the other day had some nice tries, nice bits of skill, and a bit of biff. This was from two teams who are not the best.

Absolutely. I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Can't wait for the next one!

I think it important to be positive about Wales they have decent support, and potential unlike scots or Irish who cannot seem to get anyone to there games.

I think it important to be positive about Wales they have decent support, and potential unlike scots or Irish who cannot seem to get anyone to there games.

Tbh neither Ireland or Scotland have played a major international (i.e. England, NZ or Australia) on home soil.

Adiitiomally they dont usually play with their strongest "available" squads until a world cup.

I'm convinced that Ireland would get easily over 10k for a home test against Ireland with their strongest squad picked

I'm convinced that Ireland would get easily over 10k for a home test against Ireland with their strongest squad picked

Like to see that game.

I'd have a wedge on Ireland myself.

Let's be fair; Scotland and Ireland are far newer to the game than Wales.

Memo to anyone going on Saturday - remember your thermals, particularly if you're in the Mold Road Stand which doesn't get any sun on it!

Just bought my tickets for the game in Wrexham. Using the seat choice thingy it looked as if we will have the whole of the Mold road Stand to ourselves.

Have I booked the "wrong" stand or is no one else going?

Picked up on the French Federation website that they sold more tickets at Lens Saturday than they did in Perpignan for the Scotland game last year. Impressive.

Picked up on the French Federation website that they sold more tickets at Lens Saturday than they did in Perpignan for the Scotland game last year. Impressive.

do you actually believe that Gordon ?

remember the 'milking' of speccy numbers at Toulouse etc etc

do you actually believe that Gordon ?

remember the 'milking' of speccy numbers at Toulouse etc etc

Who else are we to believe?

Just bought my tickets for the game in Wrexham. Using the seat choice thingy it looked as if we will have the whole of the Mold road Stand to ourselves.

Have I booked the "wrong" stand or is no one else going?

There are a few of us going in the Mold Road Stand, when I booked the tickets last week I think there were about 50 seats I couldn't choose from!

It's like the bad old days - haven't heard or read a single word about tomorrow's match in the mainstream media. :(

On the upside, the BBC will not only be showing the match live, but have scheduled a 1-hour highlights package on Sunday.