Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidM

Mossop re-signs

17 posts in this topic

In his article he mentioned the experience of ' Lupton , Thackray and Calderwood ' being

vital ... Calders sticking around ??

Sorry mate, was writing a thread at the same time. Just heard Calders is staying this season, I just hope he raises his game then. Great news about Mossop though, thats 3 very good centres we have with Mossop able to play wing I would think.

Ha ha , no worries pal , same here . Ive no problems with Calders at all.

He came out of doing nothing to a totally alien world for him .

Lets see him back training regularly , fully fit and integrated into our

set up and watch him then . The blokes done it and got the tshirt

In this league we need all the experience we can get, so Calders brings. As with Lupton a good pre-season will do them the world of good hopefully.

Very pleased that jase is staying, never anything less than 100% and if he gets on the wing I think well see an even bigger improvement.

I like how we are getting all these guys on 2 year deals. 2 good reasons, one being we don't have to rush around next year doing the same thing, and on the rare chance we drop back down then we will have a team ready to easily bounce back up.

Excellent news..... we have the foundations of a good squad for next year built around local lads, and great they are all signing 2 year deals.

Interesting to see that lot down the road are continuing with their policy of signing loads of players from away.....

well done BOD for getting jason mossop signed back on

Another great signing and to be honest I never had the slightest doubt that Jason wouldn't sign for Town again. Solid as a rock and always gives his best.

People say calders had a bad season but if he aint getten good service u cant expect nowt else can u he was always comen off the wings swappen wings looking for the ball

Calders played well against the top 4 team's if you notice (only exception Donny away on tv) not sure about the play off game but he maybe thought against the other teams he didn't have to try as hard!

Right Fester . A winger is only as good as his supply. Must keep concentration in defence though and work on defusing those bombs but more asset than not for me . Bet he ain't short of offers . He'll do the biz given the pill .

I'm sorry but the amount of balls he dropped at times was shocking. Put his stats up compared to miller and it's not even a contest. If Elliot isn't getting the ball then he comes looking for it infield. And that's the big difference, one wants the ball and wants the workload, one dosent. I would actually sign him back up as long as it's a smaller contract and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a game winner in attack but can also be a game loser in defence.

I think I'm in the, give him another chance with a full pre-season under his belt, camp. He is not however a full-back and we shouldn't judge him on his performances at full-back. He is an out and out winger and that's where we need to play him,always.

Well done BOD another great signing. He sometimes goes under the radar when you look at some of out star performers, but he is consistently good, week in and week out.

The try he scored at the wreck was my favourite of the season, the look of delight on his face when he crossed the whitewash was a joy to behold.......get in there :D

I'd have to go with Millers against Oldham . We were sinking fast in that game and to produce that out of nowhere , sprint 90 and burn off a top full back like Miles Greenwood in the process ... Sheer class . Ginge kicking a goal and winding them up nicely at the Rec was another top moment . Be loads of others to that'll come to me