Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

London sign 9 youngsters on pro terms

7 posts in this topic

Great to see more kids being signed up, has anyone seen any of these kids play and who are the ones to watch?

http://www.londonbro...//news/4644.php

Saw Joe Keyes a few times back in his days at Brentwood and he was quite fleet footed and decent with ball in

hand and with the boot. Havent seen him recently though whilst at Medway. Seem to remember he got a good

write up by Phil Jones following that game v Wales in 2011.

Interesting which clubs aren't represented: No St Albans, no South London and only one from Hemel.

Something of a shift in the balance of power towards Elmbridge and Medway.

Whatever happened to Harry Lightfoot-Brown young centre who played for England against French last year seemed to score a try a game?

This is great news and I hope this continues the long process of developing permanent roots for league in London.

Interesting which clubs aren't represented: No St Albans, no South London and only one from Hemel.

Something of a shift in the balance of power towards Elmbridge and Medway.

As you say, it is 'interesting'. No one shown as selected from the top two teams, Croydon Hurricanes and St Albans, who finished top and second in the league, only separated by goal difference. The lad who is shown as Hemel Hempstead played in the St Albans team as I beieve SA and HH ran a joint U16 team this season.

Both those teams played very good rugby this season. The above players tho weren't available for most of the LJL season, when they were their sides played a markedly different level. Medway I feel would ve finished top if their lads were around week in/ week out